Menu

what is for supper tonight at your house??

ProudGrandma

I always seem to want someone else's meal if I read one of these threads!  My soup looked so good until I read about the pork roast w/ potatoes.  :drool: 

ETA: And now I think I should have made black bean soup--cornbread would have been perfect.

It's a good one. We've got a beautiful sunny day and no dinner-hour kid activities, so I will be grilling for the third time in 2014 (ie still a special treat right now):

Grilled marinated flank steak

Grilled asparagus (will toss in olive oil and sea salt, then use grill pan)

Homemade biscuits

Fresh pineapple

Gree salad

We had the best dinner.

Caribbean jerk pork wraps with garlic-lime mayo. Shredded red cabbage, diced red bell pepper, mango, and pineapple as fixin's. Brownies for dessert.

The beautiful thing is that I put the spice-rubbed pork in the freezer before my surgery, so all I had to do for dinner was pop it in the crock pot this morning and then chop the vegetables and make the sauce twenty minutes before we sat down to eat.

what is a cheeseburger rollup...that just sounds interesting...

It was a hit and so easy! Brown hamburger with onion/garlic powder, use a thin crust refrigerated pizza dough, shredded cheddar on crust, add cooked hamburger, roll up with seam side down. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with montreal steak seasoning. Bake 350 for 30 minutes. Cut in slices, serve with pizza sauce.