Menu

How many pairs of pants do you have?

Luanne

How many pair of pants do you own?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. How many pair of pants do you own?

• 0 - I don't wear pants
    • 1-3 pair
    • 4-6 pair
    • 7-9 pair
    • 10 or more

I know this is a funny question. I was just thinking about this because I just had a pair rip on me today (beyond repair) which means I am down to one pair of sweat pants (I don't wear outside) and two pair of other pants. I only wear pants. I own one skirt that my daughter wears occasionally, but I never wear it. I don't even own a dress.

I do have two pair of dress pants (no pockets) that are actually too large for me still hanging in my closet.

Excluding pjs and stuff I only wear to exercise in, I have about 6 pairs of pants. 2 jeans, 1 cord, 1 khahi, a pair of black slacks and a very dressy pair of black slacks. I used to have a ton more, but I lost weight and didn't replace or alter them all because I no longer need multiple pairs of dress slacks for work. I donated most of my old work wardrobe to Dress for Success.

Definitely more than 10. Without looking in my closet and actually counting, I can think of at least 6 pairs of jeans, 6 khakis, 6-8 pairs of dress slacks and 6 more pairs of slacks that go with suits (from my working days), and several pairs of workout pants. Some culling is in order. ;)

WEll, i voted 1-3, but I should technically change to 4-6 i guess. I count it as 4 pairs I would be seen in public in..... oh wait, I have a pair of dress pant jeans.

1 pair of jeans I can wear out in public

2 pairs of khakis I can wear out in public

1 pair of black khakis I always forget i have

1 pair of dress jeans

1 pair of yoga pants I don't wear out of the house

1 pair of jeans with bleach stains down the front

1 pair of khakis with super glue down the front of them

Other than PJs, four: one pair of jeans, one pair of black dress pants, one pair of workout pants, and one pair of sweatpants-ish type things that I snagged from my brother. There's two more pairs of jeans in there, but they don't fit as I'm in between regular clothes and maternity-clothes-I-don't-have. I don't wear skirts or dresses.

I wear the jeans mostly, and wash them 2-3 times a week when I'm in my PJs.

I, apparently, fall into the "grossly excessive pants" department as many more than 10. (putting a bag over my head) In my defense, several pairs are career pants, most of which I have had for years. I am evidently a collector of jeans and all things capri-length. (Going to clean out my closet now....)

10 or more. Not that I wear them all, but I accumulated them over many years when I had a "business casual" job. I got rid of a lot, but I still have probably 6-8 pairs of docker-type pants, a couple dressy pairs, three pairs of jeans I wear, probably 6 pairs of old jeans that I don't wear, and some athletic pants that I rarely use. This doesn't include the bottom halves of about a dozen Indian outfits (churidar type).

Excluding exercise wear, scrubs, and jeans I definitely have more than ten pairs of slacks. This is probably more excessive because I tend to wear skirts and dresses more than dress slacks for church and social events. I do sometimes wear less dressy slacks to work (I'm an Emergency Medicine Physician) in place of scrubs so I'll unload a little guilt that way.

Wait... More than 10 pairs of pants - and I'm talking athletic, jeans, casual, business and suit here - is excessive? Grossly excessive? I'm beginning to feel like a hoarder.

I don't think it's excessive.......

Off the top of my head that currently fit me (meaning there are more that I don't remember lol)

5 pair of work slacks

4 pair of jeans

2 pair of cotton slacks

1 pair of cotton capri

2 pair of dress-up slacks (wool)

5+ of yoga style (I have some that I sleep in in the spring/fall)

1 pair of capri yoga for exercise

4+ of sweats (I sleep in them in the winter)

also several pj sets but they aren't really 'pants'

I live in the PNW where there are clothes for distinct seasons. I wouldn't wear my wool slacks out in the summer and I wouldn't wear the capris when there is snow on the ground. It may seem like a lot to someone who lives in a climate without distinct seasons.

I also work 1/2 shifts so it isn't uncommon for me to wear 4 different pair on any given day. Wake up in yoga, jeans to run the kids to school, back home to dress for work, back home to change out of work pants and back into the jeans, back in yoga after 8pm when I get littlest ready for bed.

Not counting pajamas or items that do not fit, I own:

2 pairs of jeans I will wear out

1 pair of Capri pants I will wear out

1 pair of jeans for yard work

3 pairs of yoga pants for around the house

1 pair sweat pants for around the house

5 pairs made from the Style Arc Linda pattern, which I can cut out and sew in less time than it takes to drive to a store and buy a pair of readymade pants (also several pairs of capris from this pattern) I LOVE THIS PATTERN! The last time I had this many pairs of pants that fit was ... I don't remember when.

2 pairs jeans

A random assortment of knit pants and paint pants and garden pants.

1 pair flannel jammy pants that need to be replaced.

I didn't realize how many pairs of pants I own until this poll, and yet I somehow never feel like I have anything to wear. I'm definitely in the over 10 category - more like 25.

5 cords

1 jeans

3 dress pants

2 sweat pants

2 yoga pants

10 longer length capris

2 knit LL Bean sport pants

I wear all of these on a regular basis. This is certainly a wake up call to stop complaining about my wardrobe. Good grief!

ETA: Make that 26. I forgot my tie dye pants.

ETA2: okay, 27. Forgot about the fleece pants I wear on super cold days.

ETA3: Now I'm at 28 thanks to the brown cargo pants. I hope that's all!

I have two new pair of jeans and one old pair that I use for anything grubby.

I have three pairs of capris and three pairs of shorts.

I also have one pair of pajama pants.

That's all. I don't do skirts or dresses.

The jeans typically last me several years because I rarely wear them. The shorts and capris last me 1-1.5 years each. One of the capris is close to death.

Right now? Two. I have lost about 40#, and those are the only ones which fit.

I have two other pairs that I plan to have altered instead of buying new ones, because they are older and the sit at my natural waist. I refuse to buy low-ride pants. BTDT when I was young. Not gonna do it any more. Not gonna look like a mushroom. Mom jeans for me. :D

This summer, I will have several pairs of capris and shorts, 7 pairs of them combined. Capris and knee-length shorts are my summer uniform. :thumbup1:

I didn't count yoga pants, pajama pants or pants that don't fit. I usually have about 3-4 pairs of jeans, and than a pair of cords, khakis and black dress slacks. I don't work outside the home right now so I am typically dressed casual. If I was working, I'd probably have about 10, because I would have more dress slacks.

I have 4 pairs of yoga pants. I often wear them around the house and quick arrends, especially since I am in early pregnancy and not really ready for maternity cloth but hate the feel of anything pushing on my stomach.

1 pair of pale blue jeans

1 pair of black jeans

1 pair of dark gray sweat pants...that have orange-y pink stains on the knees from bleach...I don't wear them out anymore, but they work for exercise!

My dh has a pair of black sweatpants that I'll borrow if I'm desperate.

No dresses, no skirts.

Thankfully summer is coming and I have a couple pairs of capris and a couple pairs of shorts!

I hate clothes shopping.

I put over 10, as that is how many I own. However, I think I have 2-3 right now that actually fit comfortably. I'm still losing pregnancy weight so I have pants that are too big and pants that are too small. I have 2 more sizes until I'm back to my regular size. Usually I like to have 2-3 decent pairs in my size and a pair or two that I use for working outside the house. I have about 5 pairs of yoga/sleep pants right now but 2 pair are in really bad shape and none are for wearing in public. I need to replace some of these when I'm back to normal.

I usually wear skirts in public, but not always. I have one pair of dress slacks and one pair of jeans that I would wear out of the house right now. I'm still on a long term weight loss journey, so I don't intend to buy any more pants at my current size. But even when I finally get to my goal size, I'll probably only bother to have one pair of jeans.

I wear sweats/yoga pants/pj pants at home, but I *try* never to leave the house in them. :D I generally prefer the added modesty of wearing my skirts in public, but again, it's no hard and fast rule or anything.

Dh prefers that I wear skirts out of the house, but he does like how I look in jeans. :blush: Which is why he prefers I wear skirts out of the house. :D

That I actually wear? 1 pair of jeans, 4 pairs of yoga pants, 3 dress pants.

That I actually own? A lot. But either they don't fit right, or I don't like them, or don't wear them for a variety of reasons. I generally have 3 pairs of jeans that I wear but I gained weight over the summer and can't fit into my old jeans and refuse to buy more than one pair to get me through until I lose the weight to fit back into my old jeans.

10 pairs of dress pants

1 pair that I work out in

4-5 pairs of jeans/cargo pants.

I also have a dozen or more skirts and dresses, but they're very summery so not in the rotation right now. The only thing I don't wear is shorts.

I have 2 pairs of jeans, both are in rough shape, with holes in them. I have 2 pairs of cordoroys, and 2 other pants. One is a pair of nice yoga pants, the other is a lined nylon pant. I didn't count my "dress" pants. I have 2 pair of those, a black and a brown. I only wear pants. I try to buy a pair each year. I hold on to them until they are not wearable.

Need a question mark option for the answers. I'm not sure how many I have, enough to get me through 2 weeks before laundry gets desperate. However, how many do I have that fit properly? 0! I've lost 15 lbs since the start of the year, and I hope to keep it up a while longer. Since my weight is still changing I'm waiting to buy new clothes until I can't keep my pants up without help. As it is I pulled off a favorite pair of jeans while fully fastened the other day....

So, what prompted the pants survey?

I have 10 or so but:

3 are workout pants---2 of which have holes where the seams have rotted and I need to wear long johns under them (they are for walking outside)

3 pairs of barn jeans---2 of which again require long johns under them due to seams that have rotted out

3 pairs of jeans---1 nice one, 1 so so and 1 that fits but isn't fashionable so likely will become barn/riding pants.

1 pair of black dress pants

I really need to go shopping.

Not counting pj pants or workout pants (I only have 1 of the latter anyhow, because I usually wear capris/shorts):

2 pairs of jeans

1 pair of casual "lounge" pants that are good enough to wear out on errands

1 pair of khakis

1 pair of black pants

1 pair of grey/striped pants

So, 6. I own 2 skirts, btw, so I'm not a skirt wearer!