Menu

Not quite 6 weeks pregnant and spotting again.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you still taking your Met? (i think you said you were on it)- they say it can decrease the chance of m/c.

I would see an RE though. :grouphug:

I am still taking the metformin. So far no change. Minimal brownish to tannish spotting only when I wipe. Nothing else, no pain, still have pg symptoms. Went to repeat hcg draw today but prob won't get results til tomorrow or weds. Still feeling in limbo. I guess if my condition remains the same I will get more answers weds afternoon when OB does the ultrasound.

I am still taking the metformin. So far no change. Minimal brownish to tannish spotting only when I wipe. Nothing else, no pain, still have pg symptoms. Went to repeat hcg draw today but prob won't get results til tomorrow or weds. Still feeling in limbo. I guess if my condition remains the same I will get more answers weds afternoon when OB does the ultrasound.

:grouphug::grouphug:

just checking on you this morning...what is the lastest....any changes???

Not really- yesterday and today so far there really isn't even any noticeable spotting when I wipe (and the day before that it was only brownish). It seems to pretty much have stopped, which would be encouraging if not for the cruddy news I got after my hospital ultrasound.

I repeated my HCG draw yesterday, but probably won't get those results until I see my OB tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow she'll tell me the results of my betas and do another ultrasound. If I'm lucky and miracles happen, then maybe she'll give me better news than the ER did but I just don't feel very hopeful. I'm sort of expecting her to tell me it's in a bad spot and not developing and that I need a D&C or shot of methotrexate again or some such, but I just won't know for sure until tomorrow late afternoon.

The spotting (which never did get red again yet and stayed brownish) just got lighter and lighter yesterday as the day went on, and there was like none this morning. Still no cramping or pain. BooKs still sore. I was still tired enough yesterday to take an afternoon nap AND fall asleep early in the middle of a family movie. And all these symptoms from a pregnancy the ER doc says I can't sustain and my OB says "possibly" but I think she just likes to keep you as positive as possible until it's actually over.

I'd love to be positive. But I can't deal with false hope, it just makes the emotional turmoil afterward worse. I just keep feeling like I'm holding my breath waiting for the worst to happen, and wishing I could just get it over with already instead of dragging it out like this. I hit six weeks today and should be celebrating hitting yet another weekly milestone and instead I just feel hollow inside.

I really don't know if I can ever do this again and don't know if I will keep trying after this. Three losses in a row is just too many.

And I had been feeling good about this one. :(

I'm so sorry :grouphug:

If it is a miscarriage and you end up with a D and C request genetic testing. We did and that really helped us to make decisions.

Praying still this is not the case, but if so, you might consider this. Just so you have all the information available to you.

:grouphug:

Got beta results. Went from about 5000 Saturday to about 6200 Monday. Nowhere near doubling and definitely drastically slowing down. So more confirmation that for all intents and purposes, it's over. :(

I don't know anything about these numbers, but I'm sorry the news wasn't good. I know how much you wanted this baby. I can't imagine three losses. I'm so sorry, Nance. :grouphug::grouphug:

Got beta results. Went from about 5000 Saturday to about 6200 Monday. Nowhere near doubling and definitely drastically slowing down. So more confirmation that for all intents and purposes, it's over. :(

Nance, ***big hugs*** This time in pregnancy is SOOOO scary. I spotted with all 3 of my pregnancies, lost the second one, and was terrified throughout the entire first trimester of the 3rd one.

I don't want to give you false hope. I think I missed a post about an US? [eta: went back and found the posts about the US, but no words of wisdome] But I did want to tell you that your numbers do NOT have to double every 72 hours, esp. not at 6 weeks. I did only a quick search, but here is one site with info and more links: http://www.squidoo.com/nondoublinghcg With my 3rd, when I started spotting, I got the beta draws, and when I heard the results of the second one, my heart fell because like yours it was not double. But I had an US a week or so later, and his heartbeat was there, measuring pretty much to dates, and he's now 3 and a handful of joy. Not doubling is not definitive.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: and prayers for strength as you pass through this valley.

Edited by Mama_Rana
typing with yelling kids in the background is a recipe for disaster!

:grouphug: Do you have the ultrasound on Wednesday? I will be thinking about you. When I lost a baby, I dreamed about people giving me babies. It's so awful. I was older than you when I had my last babe, so there is hope if this little one can't stay.

I wish you a decent night's sleep. I'm so sorry you have to worry so.