Menu

Not quite 6 weeks pregnant and spotting again.

At some point the doubling does slow down and it becomes more like 72 hours to double.

I'm so sorry :grouphug: that things don't seem optimistic otherwise though.

I would probably consider testing and a consult perhaps with an RE at this point? If you have PCOS-types of issues, they may be able to do some additional testing, clarify some of the info on progesterone supplementation for your individual situation, etc. I am sure you have some locally but if you want names of docs in SEPA for a consult, I had some that I'd recommend highly.

You'll be in my thoughts.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holding out hope until it is definitely, definite. :grouphug::grouphug:

I don't know what to say other than I too have been there more times than seems normal. If you need anything feel free to pm me.

I am sorry for all of this. I hope you find peace and rest.

and I really, really hope that hope is not dead and this wee one is just giving you grief from the beginning.:grouphug:

In my case, we figured out that the problem was a genetic defect on my husband's side. We took a family history survey and found that all the women who had married into his side of the family (and were therefore unrelated to each other) had all suffered multiple miscarriages (four or more). Based on that and with some other information, he concluded that the defect was most likely chromosomal and that my miscarriage rate for any given pregnancy was 50% or higher. So, I gave birth to 3 healthy babies and lost 5 (four miscarriages in a row, but the last was twins).

I wonder if that is the case for me. I have had 8 miscarriages, we've been TTC #2 for 12 years. I wonder if I inherited that lovely trait from my father. In his family there are 5 children, 3 males and two females. The two females both have large families. The males, on the other hand, each only have one child b/c they had fertility and miscarriage problems. Thankfully I was tested and I didn't inherit the breast cancer gene also (my mom has it). Thanks dad!

Edited by somo_chickenlady

The spotting (which never did get red again yet and stayed brownish) just got lighter and lighter yesterday as the day went on, and there was like none this morning. Still no cramping or pain. BooKs still sore. I was still tired enough yesterday to take an afternoon nap AND fall asleep early in the middle of a family movie. And all these symptoms from a pregnancy the ER doc says I can't sustain and my OB says "possibly" but I think she just likes to keep you as positive as possible until it's actually over.

I'd love to be positive. But I can't deal with false hope, it just makes the emotional turmoil afterward worse. I just keep feeling like I'm holding my breath waiting for the worst to happen, and wishing I could just get it over with already instead of dragging it out like this. I hit six weeks today and should be celebrating hitting yet another weekly milestone and instead I just feel hollow inside.

I really don't know if I can ever do this again and don't know if I will keep trying after this. Three losses in a row is just too many.

And I had been feeling good about this one. :(

even though there are so many of us here that have expereinced what you have, it doesn't make it easier. I have been in your shoes and it's HORRIBLE to say the least. There are no words that can be expressed that will take away your pain and it would be crazy to try. I am just so sorry that this is happening to you again.

Thanks, all. I'm just feeling completely sorry for myself this morning. Still no spotting, pain, anything. I wonder if the oral progesterone supplements my dr told me not to stop are just delaying the process, which I'd really rather get over with if it must happen.

Today on Facebook one of my friends who just had her fifth baby posted that she's pretty sure mastitis is the worst thing in the world. I thought, no, facing your third miscarriage in a row, especially when you're already 39, is worse, but of course I didn't say that and then felt like a jerk for thinking it.

I walked outside and tried not to look toward my SIL's house who I'm pretty sure is still pregnant and still a drug addict, drove on a dreary rainy day past the hospital where I didn't get good news yesterday and probably won't be delivering a baby at in the spring, over to the lab where I was told to go do my betas again today- only to find that apparently the lab is closed on sundays! So now I'm back at home and back to just waiting for something to happen.

This limbo is no fun at all. :(

I'm so sorry. I've never been able to adequately describe to anyone how I felt when I was pregnant with my son and we thought there was something wrong. I remember feeling like I was in some kind of clear plastic bubble, and I could see outside and watch other people going about their lives, but I couldn't touch them. I felt like I was screaming, but no one could hear me.

The few days we had to wait for test results were awful.

I can only begin to imagine how you're feeling as you wait.

I'm thinking of you, Nance.

Nancy,

From what you are writing, then it sounds as if you are still pregnant. Did they do a new ultrasound? Today will be a long day, but it doesn't necessarily sound like a miscarriage.

Best to you.

And my personal opinion is that 39 is nothing. Age is way over-rated. You are still a spring chicken.

Nancy,

From what you are writing, then it sounds as if you are still pregnant. Did they do a new ultrasound? Today will be a long day, but it doesn't necessarily sound like a miscarriage.

Best to you.

And my personal opinion is that 39 is nothing. Age is way over-rated. You are still a spring chicken.

I'm still pregnant but the ER doc said it's in the wrong place and it's unlikely it can grow there and likely I'm in the process of m/c so it's just hard to be hopeful even though I haven't actually lost it yet. My next ultrasound is scheduled for Weds at my doctor's office. So just waiting it out and I'll see what happens by then. As for the age, well, the older you get the more likely you are to have losses and that seems to be holding true in my case. :( I do feel lucky that these last couple of pregnancies were conceived quickly at my age (first try and then second try) thanks to metformin, but it's staying pregnant that really counts. I wish I could manage that!

Thanks, all. I'm just feeling completely sorry for myself this morning. Still no spotting, pain, anything. I wonder if the oral progesterone supplements my dr told me not to stop are just delaying the process, which I'd really rather get over with if it must happen.

Today on Facebook one of my friends who just had her fifth baby posted that she's pretty sure mastitis is the worst thing in the world. I thought, no, facing your third miscarriage in a row, especially when you're already 39, is worse, but of course I didn't say that and then felt like a jerk for thinking it.

I walked outside and tried not to look toward my SIL's house who I'm pretty sure is still pregnant and still a drug addict, drove on a dreary rainy day past the hospital where I didn't get good news yesterday and probably won't be delivering a baby at in the spring, over to the lab where I was told to go do my betas again today- only to find that apparently the lab is closed on sundays! So now I'm back at home and back to just waiting for something to happen.

:grouphug:I'm so sorry, and will be praying for you.

Gosh, Nance, I had not read that. About age, then it was my understanding that it is the getting pregnant part that is harder as you age, so don't despair. Perhaps if you decide to sit back and try again, don't consider the pregnancy viable before you reached 8 weeks if possible? I know I was holding my breath till 8 weeks with two pregnancies due to (one, later) miscarriage.

I'm still pregnant but the ER doc said it's in the wrong place and it's unlikely it can grow there and likely I'm in the process of m/c so it's just hard to be hopeful even though I haven't actually lost it yet. My next ultrasound is scheduled for Weds at my doctor's office. So just waiting it out and I'll see what happens by then. As for the age, well, the older you get the more likely you are to have losses and that seems to be holding true in my case. :( I do feel lucky that these last couple of pregnancies were conceived quickly at my age (first try and then second try) thanks to metformin, but it's staying pregnant that really counts. I wish I could manage that!

Honestly, I don't put much stock in ER docs when it comes to OB issues.