Menu

Remember when I was bragging about.....

Miss Good and how she would not give up selling soap at a festival that ended up having much lower turnout than expected?

Well, yesterday, she got a call from an organic spa that wants to stock her products. They made a huge wholesale order.

We don't really know how they even know about her company, but I think they might have met her at that festival.

The destination spa retreat is located on 50 lakefront acres, and is built from recycled materials. Their clientele ought to be a very good match for us.

It is exciting, isn't it?

Is the spa going to just use her soap or are they going to retail it to their clients? If they aren't planning to retail it, make sure to talk to Ms. Good about whether she would want to develop an order form so that she could take advantage of that opportunity!

Something she also might want to consider is coming up with a few seasonal variations, such as a pumpkin spice for fall or a cranberry or pine/rosemary scent for Christmas, etc. That might tempt the spa into buying both the regular lines and also the holiday/seasonal specials. Would they want her to branch out into small gift sets of the special scents? If the seasonal scents don't appeal, what about possibly doing special qualities like super moisturizing to fight dry winter skin or something with some mint in it for a little zest in the summer?

(Can you tell I am a PR person who has been cut off from society for a week???:D)

Thanks, guys!

I don't know any details. They called when I was running errands. Miss Good said she was put out when the phone rang because she was cooking lunch and the baby was crying.

They had used the soap before, because they said they loved it, and did not ask any questions about it. Then they sent money, and told her to send a variety of her best selling scents.

We are going to offer to let them pick up their order at our market next weekend so they do not have to pay for shipping. In the meantime, I'll check and repackage any bars that show wear from being loaded and unloaded a million times.

We do have some seasonal scents, and we are sending them some pumpkin spice soap. We have plans to make a new bar called Father Christmas. It has pine, vanilla and spice in it, we could mail them one when we make it.

Since they ordered all soap, we will include samples of all of our other products. I'm pretty sure what they already bought, they want to sell in their gift shop, but if the also put all of our products in the rooms(the spa has 3 day stays) then guests would want to go down to the shop and buy more to take home.

I am very appreciative of ANY marketing or PR advice. I know we have products that people like, and I know customers are drawn to the whole lifestyle that the company represents, but sometimes I feel Ike that is only a tiny portion of what is needed to be sucessful.

We need all of the help we can get.

Thanks again for all of the support and encouragement. It means the world to me!