Menu

Poll - Cell phone owners only; iPhone or no?

Cell phone owners - do you have an iPhone  

1. 1. Cell phone owners - do you have an iPhone

• Yes, doesn't everyone?
    • No, not in a million!
    • Other, although it's a yes or no, and shouldn't require an "other"

IF you have a cell phone, is it an iPhone or not? I'm just curious to see what percentage of cell phone users here have iPhones, and I am CERTAIN these polls are an exact science. :tongue_smilie:

I voted!

Edited by StaceyinLA

No, but not because of phone features. If I'd been able to get an iPhone with my $25/month Virgin Mobile cheapy smartphone plan, you'd better believe I'd have one. As it stands, I have an LG Optima 3g phone which provides much of the functionality, but isn't nearly as nice as what I can do with the iPod or iPad when they have wi-fi.

No, I have a droid (has internet, email, touch-screen, etc.). Is that what you're looking to find out, droid vs. apple, or are you wondering whether most people have "regular" phone-and-texting only, vs. internet capability/"smart-phones" ? They are different questions.

IF you have a cell phone, is it an iPhone or not? I'm just curious to see what percentage of cell phone users here have iPhones, and I am CERTAIN these polls are an exact science. :tongue_smilie:

I voted!

I have a Nokia. It works great and it was within budget. I don't do monthly, annual contracts -just pays-as-you-go (it also keeps me within budget!).

Yup, I love my iPhone. We have only had it since Christmas. I am constantly thinking of new things to do with my phone, and when I check, sure enough, there's an app for that.:lol:

Just last night I was wondering if my phone could scan documents and save them as PDFs. I even found a free app. I am thinking I could scan occasional worksheets and send them to my iPad for my ds to fill out.

I love my iPhone and iPad.:D

I got an Iphone for my birthday last year. I thought it would be "nice" or "fun" to have after hearing about all the cool stuff you could get on it. Now that I have owned it for awhile...

How did I ever live without this thing? It is amazingly helpful in so many different aspects of my life!!! I LOVE IT!

I totally get this! I didn't even WANT an iPhone, and I cannot imagine not having one now. I use it for EVERYTHING!

I voted "other" because I had an iPhone for 2 years...but when my contract expired a few months ago, I couldn't justify continuing to pay almost $80/mo. I went with a Motorola Droid on Virgin Mobile, and in less than 4 months my monthly savings had paid for the phone.

I voted other because I would LOVE a smart phone, so the "no, not in a million" would not apply, but I cannot afford one, so "yes" does not apply either.

If it's a matter of choice of OS, I would prefer a droid phone I think .

I currently own a under $20 used cell that just calls, texts, & takes really crummy pictures. :-D

Well I voted yes, but I don't think everyone has an iPhone. :)

:iagree: But, I love, love, love, love my iPhone. We got our plans back when AT&T had unlimited data plans. My eldest dd has a droid. The droid is okay, but it's not the same as an iPhone.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

I voted no but the "not in a million" does not apply to me because if the cost was much, much lower I'm sure I would really enjoy having one. I just don't see how an extra $30 a month per phone is worth it to have internet. Really, unless you MUST have the internet at ALL times for professional reasons I don't really understand why anyone needs an internet phone.

Is it nice, I'm sure it is very nice but I don't understand how most people justify the cost.

I have no interest in an IPhone. Android, yes. IPhone, no.

:iagree: I don't have a smart phone at at all, but dh has an android. If I were to get a smart phone, it would be an android.

And I promise you, Ellie, I'm not stalking you and just agreeing w/ you on threads today!

:iagree: I don't have a smart phone at at all, but dh has an android. If I were to get a smart phone, it would be an android.

And I promise you, Ellie, I'm not stalking you and just agreeing w/ you on threads today!

DH has an iPhone for work and I dislike it. I need something I can customize to meet my needs, but the iPhone is one-size-fits-all. And if I ever have to deal with iTunes again, it will be to soon. Apple makes gorgeous, solid hardware, but their software leaves much to be desired.

I voted no but the "not in a million" does not apply to me because if the cost was much, much lower I'm sure I would really enjoy having one. I just don't see how an extra $30 a month per phone is worth it to have internet. Really, unless you MUST have the internet at ALL times for professional reasons I don't really understand why anyone needs an internet phone.

Is it nice, I'm sure it is very nice but I don't understand how most people justify the cost.

:iagree:

my dh uses it at work but to me, for the average person, it's a plaything. A very expensive play thing....

I have an android phone and love it, it does everything I need. If iphones where the same price as an android maybe I would go for it but in practice they are on the most expensive plans with up front costs and essentially my android does all the same stuff.

i'd love to have a smart phone, but that is way out of our budget!

Our cell phone lines are piggy-backed on the primary accts. of extended family members - they pay the $10/mo for each of our lines. They haven't offered to do $50+/month (x2) for us to have smart phones. If they did, we'd probably spring for the iphones.

"Not in a million" is a little overly-vehement. I don't have one, and feel no real sense of loss at not having one (though they do seem to have a better app selection than android, which I do have), but like Apple products in general and wouldn't rule out getting one in the future.