Menu

What do you all wear at night...? / Bras during night?!?

I have come a long way since married...:D

Started out with nothing...quickly passed by the cute stuff...spent some years in gowns...went to oversized Ts...now ending up in big PJs.:001_huh:

In a genuine effort to up the standard, I went internet PJ-shopping last week.

The packages started coming in today and while I am most pleased with my choice I am for the first time seriously considering wearing a bra at night.:glare:

All the tops I chose (some camisole, some long-sleeved) are quite tight and without a bra...well it kind of spoils to effect.:tongue_smilie:

I love hanging around in PJs (evening and mornings only!)...

So, am I the only one even considering this???

Thanks for sharing!

Undies.

And a 4 month old nursing baby.

:lol: This, when there is not a freezing draft coming in through our bedroom window (like now). When I start getting too cold I throw on PJ pants and a tank/t-shirt.

In an ideal world I'd prefer to not wear a bra at night, but I've found that it is too uncomfortable while I'm nursing to *not* have a bra on. DS2 sleeps *long* stretches at night and by the time he wants to nurse I really need that extra bit of padding to keep it from being too painful.

That, and if he initially fell asleep before emptying both sides I need something to hold the nursing pads in place :glare:

In a genuine effort to up the standard

All the tops I chose (some camisole, some long-sleeved) are quite tight and without a bra...well it kind of spoils to effect.:tongue_smilie:

If I were interested in the effect of "up"ping the standard :lol:, then yes, I would wear the bra. Otherwise, I'd still be wearing the oversized pjs.

Additionally, the former is preferable to look and feel good as you anticipate teAtime, whether you will be having teA that evening or just planning a teAtime in the future.

:cheers2:

P.S. You can always change tops before going to sleep.

I wear underwire-free bras and after having 3 kids, it's more comfortable for me to wear them to bed as well. When I'm done having kids, I'm planning to get a "mommy makeover" including a b00k lift.

I usually wear loungewear to bed since I have to be up super-early to take DH to work.

I have booKs, they are part of the anatomy. I believe in freedom, so I sleep in a t-shirt (long/short sleeve dependent upon the weather) and cotton lounge pants (various colors).

I have a short robe and a sleepwear type cardigan that I wear around the house in the evening if I feel like my shirt shows too much.

Then again I've been married 19 years, dh sleeps in flannel, I get to be comfy too.

i'm not natured but I love spending chilly days in the fleece pj pants and a tshirt and slippers----but to bed I will wear the "lightest" material gown I can find or I'll end up soaked-nightsweats.....don't wear a bra to bed-just not comfy for me but my sister does and has done for many years.....

I wear t-shirts (long or short sleeve) and pj pants to bed. Men's pj pants since women's are usually too short - I have Elmo, Green Eggs & Ham and Pacman. :D

I don't wear a bra to bed. I barely wear a bra during the day but I'm pretty small so even having lost some of the perky, I don't sag much.

I wore camisole tops with the built in panel to bed while nursing. I leaked quite a bit so I needed something to hold pads in place.

I hate bras, but my girls need one. And I need underwire, which I've never found to be comfortable. Never overnight though. I'd much rather have them moving around freely than tightly held in place. When I want to lounge in PJ's I wear a sports bra because something looks better than nothing, and it holds them more comfortably than an underwire. However, it comes off before I go to bed.

I wear t-shirts (long or short sleeve) and pj pants to bed. Men's pj pants since women's are usually too short - I have Elmo, Green Eggs & Ham and Pacman. :D

Same - without Elmo, as I can't stand him :tongue_smilie: …but pacman, cookie monster, smurfs, yep yep. :D

No bras in bed - ugh, that would be SO uncomfortable. I don't even wear one during the day unless I'm going out somewhere…and even then I won't bother with it if I'm wearing a big hoody.

I don't wear bras ever but then I am small busted. Actually I lie, I wore them for a few weeks at the beginning of breast feeding with both my kids. I just wear yoga pants or leggings and a vest top to bed and layer a t shirt if it's cold. The only specific pj item i have bought in the last few years was a Hey Sister pyjama top with a very deep V at the front that was really good for breast feeding but was also warm.

I don't wear one to bed and when either my back or my shoulders/neck are having muscle spasms, I don't wear one in the house either. My daughters both do. But I am usually quite covered up if I am not in bed and sometimes in bed too. I am usually cold. So right now, since I am in bad back pain, I am wearing a Lands End cotton pullover sweater over the tshirt. I am not small breasted but when I have a choice between worse back pain and less back pain, I choose less.

I had a bOOk reduction and the surgeon recommended wearing something supportive to bed to help preserve the new perkiness (they were only reduced to a D).

I sleep in a tank or T with built in shelf bra or a wireless soft cup bra that is similar to a sports bra with less compression.

I usually wear a bra at night(and during the day. I am not sure if that is good or not......but after nursing 4 kids its rather disturbing when the girls are not held in place.

Posting in this thread gives new meaning to your screen name! :lol:

No bra here, average size. Also, if you are worried about your appearance without the bra, I would SUSPECT your hubby may not be as critical of your "assets" as you yourself might be!

I hate bras, but my girls need one. And I need underwire, which I've never found to be comfortable. Never overnight though. I'd much rather have them moving around freely than tightly held in place. When I want to lounge in PJ's I wear a sports bra because something looks better than nothing, and it holds them more comfortably than an underwire. However, it comes off before I go to bed.

This is exactly how my DDDs and I do it. ;)

This time of year I break out what my dh calls "My Armor". Oversized and flannel pj's. However, at this time the bOOks are swinging free. I don't find it comfortable to sleep in a bra.

When hanging around in my pj's hours before bed sometimes I will put on a sports bra. And my oh so sexy floor length fleece robe.

I'm planning to get a "mommy makeover" including a b00k lift.

I always looked askance at people who had "bOOk" work until these two past summers when the girls rubbed me raw! :glare: It would be well worth the $$$ to me to not have to deal with that kind of heat rash!

But to answer the OP, I only wear a bra at night when I fall asleep on the couch while reading! :tongue_smilie:

I have booKs, they are part of the anatomy. I believe in freedom, so I sleep in a t-shirt (long/short sleeve dependent upon the weather) and cotton lounge pants (various colors).

I have a short robe and a sleepwear type cardigan that I wear around the house in the evening if I feel like my shirt shows too much.

Then again I've been married 19 years, dh sleeps in flannel, I get to be comfy too.

:iagree: (except we've only been married 11 years). Free the booKs!!!! :lol:

I hate wearing a bra during the day, so I certainly couldn't sleep in one!

I usually wear a huge t-shirt, and pull on a pair of PJ pants in the morning. I can't stand anything binding my legs while I am sleeping either. :glare:

If someone shows up at the door I cross my arms and talk to them throught the half closed door. Or it is my Mom or brother and neither of them care if I have a bra on or not.

When we go camping and I know that I will be up and about with people I choose loose t-tops that don't show through. They feel silkly but aren't and have a pattern.

I only wear a bra when I leave the house. I hate them. I had to wear one 24/7 when I was nursing Sweet-pea because they grew to a size 42G during that time. Never again. Did I mention that I really hate them?

I sleep in a nightgown or sleep pants and tank top. Cannot sleep in anything with sleeves. I will sleep with nothing on when the girls aren't home on occasion though.

I have huge boobs and I can't IMAGINE 'needing support' while sleeping/in bed? :confused: When I'm lying down they are all over the place, anyway, so a bra doesn't help, underwire or not.

I don't get how a bra helps support you while asleep?

Having read a lot of research/opinion about hours spent wearing bras/breast cancer, I am convinced that the more you were a bra the worse it is for you.

Also, if you are worried about your appearance without the bra, I would SUSPECT your hubby may not be as critical of your "assets" as you yourself might be!

:iagree: Definitely, this.

I can't imagine being more comfortable wearing a bra while sleeping. When I lay down flat my booKs tend to flatten out to the sides and ooze out of bra cups anyway. :glare:

My dh definitely does not notice the flaws that seem so glaring to me, and he absolutely prefers the look & "access" of booK-shelf-less-ness. :blush: