• I enjoy watching as much as the kids
    • Iâ??ve seen every single episode since it came on the air
    • Cornbread! Oh, I mean "other."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are hilarious!

For what it is worth dd watched it when she was little. She liked him a lot. I'll never forget when we left AZ heading to MT. Dd got sick with a double ear infection on the second day - coming out of Las Vegas. Since we were traveling (moving) we couldn't stop for days at a time to allow for recovery. A trip to urgent care and keeping her happy in the car was about the best I could do. (Dh had the U-haul).

So she put the one Cailou DVD we owned in the player and watched it over and over and over. I finally radioed dh and told him to get off at the next large interchange since that is where one generally finds a Walmart. I sent dh in to buy two more Cailou DVDs so she could change the stupid things out.

Thankfully by the next day the anti-biotics kicked in and she felt well enough to watch Rugrats and other stuff for the rest of the trip.

Neither of my kids ever got into Caillou, but I have nothing against the program.

My kids did love other PBS programs, though. Over the years, one or both of them was watching George Shrinks, Rolie Polie Olie, Between the Lions, Arthur (a big favorite), Cyberchase (ditto). My son briefly enjoyed Dragon Tales and Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat. And, of course, Bill Nye was huge here.

Not sure how to vote because I do not exactly tolerate it nor do I exactly enjoy watching it. I would fall between that I suppose.;)
Yeah, I thought about that, but there was so much venom in the other thread about Caillou that I wanted to mirror the SpongeBob poll.

So far it seems SpongeBob is faring much better than Caillou among this well-trained crowd! :lol:

Me nor the boys could stand it. In fact they watch it to make fun of his whining. They do the same to Franklin.

Sometimes they make fun of Spongebob too - we are split down the middle - I have one who loves Spongebob - one who loves Squidward and one who loves Plankton.

They do not make fun of people - only cartoons - so I believe its pretty harmless.

I actually like Caillou and so do my kids (both of them still do). I think they like it because it's about real life kid stuff. Kids whine....all of them. Kids get mad, they fall down, they go to the library, they get mad at their siblings, they have birthday parties, they laugh, they play hide and seek with their parents, etc. It's all about stuff that they do instead of some make-believe land.

I voted "cornbread" because - heck, how can I NOT select that one??

Seriously.

The whining. The whining. The WHIIIIII-NIIIIIING!

Ugh. Hate that show.

:lol: My sentiments exactly. We watched it when we used to go to the laudromat when the kiddies were little.

When they were younger. my kids saw Caillou and wanted to watch the show. I'm not usually one to forbid shows just because I don't like them, but...Bleah! Even when it was on in the other room, the combination of Caillou's voice and the narrator's voice sent me over the edge.

So, no Caillou. The boys didn't miss it much anyway.

Cat

My dc have watched it maybe 3 or 4 times. Just to tell you how my dc feel about it...the phrase "Don't be a Caillou!" is often tossed out when someone is being particularly whiny. My eye starts twitching and I get a migraine if someone even mentions that show. Great...off to find the migraine medicine.:tongue_smilie:

For those of you who cannot stand Caillou, please keep me in your prayers (of whatever type they might be!) Caillou is considered a role model in my area of the world. Every single child of that age sounds and behaves like Caillou, and parents are being praised if they raise their kids just like that.

I'm surrounded by real-life Caillous. Thankfully my kids are growing up and I am no longer dealing with Caillou-wannabes on a regular basis.:001_huh:

We used to watch CBC or PBS when my olders were little. After about two episodes of Caillou, they begged me to shut it off. We prefer Little Bill. He rocks. :D

As pp said, we are also many years past this (my little guy hasn't watched TV,) but we still remember it. We still do the "Roseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" when we want to annoy and tease each other, though. Good stuff.

I voted other.

Callilou is on at my daughter's therapy office in the waiting room EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING. I'm there 4 times a week and I wait for her during her appointments. So I've seen it, but no way am I going to have them watch it at home.

I don't find it nearly as annoying as the other shows on Sprout in the morning. I also hate Fireman Sam, Super Why, and that really dumb one about the submarines. We don't have television at home except Netflix and DVDs, and I don't regret that decision.