Menu

We are officially debt-free!

Though we paid the van off in 2008 and the house in 2009, we still had this ever-present credit card debt. We paid it off once in 2008, and then with putting so much into the mortgage, it rose again (medical stuff, hotels, etc).

I changed all automatic debits like Netflix, charities, etc. to our personal debit card so that nothing would be recurring on the card. Today, I made the final payment.

With Wachovia's "Way to Save" or "Save as You Go," we also have a rainy day emergency fund.

Thanks for letting me share! :party:

Great news!! I keep telling people there is no way we could have survived the lat two and a half years of unemployment if we'd gone into it with a lot of debt. All we had was a very small credit card and our house payment.

I am looking forward to paying off the little bit of debt (surprise baby and some student loans to help hubby find a job) we built up during this time.

I am so happy for you guys!

Though we paid the van off in 2008 and the house in 2009, we still had this ever-present credit card debt. We paid it off once in 2008, and then with putting so much into the mortgage, it rose again (medical stuff, hotels, etc).

I changed all automatic debits like Netflix, charities, etc. to our personal debit card so that nothing would be recurring on the card. Today, I made the final payment.

With Wachovia's "Way to Save" or "Save as You Go," we also have a rainy day emergency fund.

I am VERY impressed! Way to go!

Congratulations!

Wow, Congratulations, Dawn!!!!!!!! I remember being excited for you when you paid off your mortgage! You go, girl!!!! Enjoy your freedom!!!!!

Wonderful.

I don't think we will ever pay off this house before retirement unless we move. But we do have only the house left and do have a healthy savings account.

Sigh.

Dawn

We are in the same boat, minus the healthy savings account. We would love to sell this house!