Menu

Update on my dd, Stacey -- (cc) Thank you all so much!

Thank you all so very much for your thoughts and kind prayers -- yesterday was the kind of day that one would of course dread -- but as stacey and I went through the day, I knew that we were being lifted up in prayer - as each difficult thing arose, we were able to take a breath, say a prayer, and go forward. I knew THAT was the power of prayer and I thank all of you.

Stacey came through the procedure really well - no hemorraghing thank G-d. I had been knitting a blanket for the baby (I've never knitted anything in my life) and it was just the right size for him so I brought it to the hospital and it was beautiful and I was so glad I thought to bring it.

You might want to skip the next part b/c I write about the baby here (nothing at all graphic but I don't want to upset anyone): Beginning and end are in red so you can easily skip.

(BEGINNING OF BABY PART)

She was able to hold her baby boy - so was I. He was perfect and beautiful. He had long fingers like Stacey and she and I had to laugh (in as much as one can laugh in this situation) as he had 'big' feet (relatively speaking) like Stacey's husband. He was the image of Stacey's husband -- is that a little boy thing? Just the same little face. It was very very important to her that she could see him and hold him and talk to him. There was a photographer who came to take photos, and G-d bless her, she was wonderful. She commented constantly on how beautiful and perfect the baby was. She was able to hold him for about an hour, and that seemed to be good for her.

(End of baby part)

She and her husband got home about last night about 7pm or so and she was understandably exhausted. I am praying that because she didn't have the bleeding episode, that today will be a better post-op day for her than she had in November.

I am just bone-tired, ready to fall over, but in my family, one gets dressed, puts on their make-up, and keeps on going. :glare: I am coping with my sister - I learned long ago to say less and in most cases merely agree. The rest of my family who are at home (DD10 is with me) are doing fine.

I would love to take my two grand-daughters back to Va with me for a few weeks, but we are going to plan that for another time. Things have been too traumatic and upsetting for them to leave their mom right now.

Thank you all again -- I must hurry now and get dressed to go over to Stacey's house -- she needs someone to sit with her the next two days -- the doctor doesn't want her to be alone and her dh has to go to school today.

:grouphug:

ETA:

Thank you all -- your thoughts and prayers and kind words have helped me enormously this past week.

I will likely be leaving NJ for VA a little after 12 noon today.

Yesterday evening I took my dd10 and my granddaughters to the boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ and they had a really good time. DH and I owned a home in OC when we were first married till the twins were born and dd10 was stunned to learn that we had actually lived at the beach. It was SO WONDERFUL to hear and see allison and emily laughing and smiling and having such a good time after the past week. I am so glad we did that!

Blessings to all of you -- again, my most heartfelt thanks for your thoughts and prayers!:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Edited by MariannNOVA

I am so glad that Stacey was able to have that time with her son. I will continue to pray for you all. Honestly, it will probably be good for her to be surrounded by her other children right now. Sometimes kids just *keep us putting one foot in front of the other*, rather than disappearing into a hole when life just gets tough. :grouphug:

Your knitted blanket...how lovely! I'm so glad you thought to take it too!!

I'm so glad you both got to spend time with the baby. I know your daughter will always carry that hour with her in her heart. I can't imagine the pain of losing a baby (I've had miscarriages, but they were all early on). If you want to read about an amazing family that lost a baby you should check out Bring The Rain. Click on Audrey's Story at the top. I know from reading the blog that other mothers who have lost babies have found great peace and comfort in reading what the Smith's went through and how they handled it. She also wrote a book called I Will Carry You that chronicles the story.

oh, Mariann, I'm just so sorry for all of you. I don't know what else to say. How beautiful, how desperately tragic.

You go ahead and dress yourself and keep going each day while with your family, but you do what you need to do in the privacy of your own room at night.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

What a precious, poignant, beautiful, sad, lovely post about such a very very hard day and thing to have to endure. Thank you for sharing with us, for letting us pray for you and your precious dd. What a gift that you were able to take and share the blanket.

:grouphug:

Continuing to hold you and Stacey in my prayers.

Stacey is amazingly blessed to have you. I am reminded of how my mother treated me after I lost a baby, and...well, let's just say it wasn't pretty. You are a wonderful mother. Many prayers for Stacey, her husband, daughters, and you. :grouphug:

You all are wonderful -- the words 'thank you' don't even come close to expressing how appreciative and grateful we are for your kindness and thoughtfulness. You all made me cry tears of gratitude for such a wonderful group of women.

Thank you -- :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: