Menu

Coffee creamer - 'fess up.

How much coffee creamer do you consume daily?  

1. 1. How much coffee creamer do you consume daily?

• A splash
    • 1 Tbs.
    • 2 Tbs.
    • 3 Tbs.
    • 4 Tbs.
    • 5 Tbs.
    • 6 Tbs.
    • More than 6 Tbs.
    • No idea and I won't venture to guess ;)
    • I concoct my coffee in another manner

As I made my coffee this morning, I came to the conclusion that I use too much creamer. Alas, I am curious how much others put into their coffee. I'm talking Coffeemate-type creamer. So, I'm sure I'll hear what everyone puts in their coffee, but that's what I'm after - how much creamer do you consume daily?

(This may not get a good response - I've grown up measuring everything, so I'm taking a chance here...)

Because I'm in a poll mood today...poll to follow.

ETA: Any kind of "cream" is fine for voting - milk, whipped cream, 1/2 and 1/2, etc.

Edited by Guest

I thought I was the only one who measured creamer!!! :lol:

I know I like exactly 2 Tbsp of creamer in my coffee (about 1 Tbsp when pregnant, oddly enough) - pretty much no matter what kind of coffee it is. My absolute favorite creamer is Coffeemate Peppermint Mocha - it used to be only seasonal, but now you can find it in Kroger now and again :D

Right now, I'm drinking cappuccinos (so 4-6 oz 2% milk). When I get tired of this, I might go back to espresso with a dash of real cream, if it's on hand. I only use real cream if I'd needed it to cook with and I've got some left over. Sometimes I like a double espresso with sweetened condensed milk. I change it up from week to week.

REAL whipped cream! If I am out, then whole milk to achieve a honey brown color. :D

Yum!!!! Well I always use that when I make it! (And revel in it!)

I use the fake powder coffeemate. :o And a lot of it. I don't know exactly how much I use, but I know by the color if it's the right amount. Somewhere around 3 T. I've dropped all other HFCS but for some reason cannot grow to love something different in my coffee.

I don't like the creamer stuff. I only use half and half.....should I still vote?

I don't like a lot in there either.....just a little white.

Dawn

Sure! It's more the calories/fat that I'm thinking of here than the sugar.

ETA: Any kind of "cream" is fine for voting - milk, whipped cream, 1/2 and 1/2, etc.

Whole milk (hate cream, hate 1/2 and 1/2, can't stand the fake stuff), enough to make it a lovely dark blond. I pour, but I think it's about 2 Tbs in my large mug.

I use a generous helping of real, heavy cream, and if creamer is all that's available I drink it black because I don't like er, whatever it is. :D

What's probably funny though is that my coffee isn't real. I only drink decaf.

If it's not black, it's not coffee. (PC disclaimer--the previous statement applies only to this specific poster, and is in no way intended to comment on the coffee drinking/creamer preferences of any other poster.) I drink it black, like nature intended. (Oh, but I do add waaaay to much sugar, about 1TBSP per cup.):D

Whoops... didn't read your ETA before I answered "I concoct my coffee in a different manner". I have lattes, made with skim milk... which means I pour 3/4 cup of coffee and then add 1/4 cup of lowfat milk and Truvia. I probably have a whole cup of lowfat milk in this way, which is a good thing for my calcium and Vitamin D levels.

I can't stand the Coffeemate stuff - I'm restraining myself from using a less-flattering term ;) - but I admit to using Fat-free half and half. :blush: I don't measure - hey, it's got no fat... and the main ingredient is still a milk product...! But I don't use that much... I don't think... I leave less than an inch of room for creamer when I pour my coffee...

I said 4T but that's only because I've gone back on Weight Watchers and I don't want more than 4 pts for my coffee. Prior to that, I probably used about twice that much. :blink: I love flavored creamer. :tongue_smilie:

ETA Coffee-mate does make a new creamer called Natural Bliss which only contains milk, cream, sugar, and natural flavors. It's delicious too. I think it only comes in vanilla, sweet cream, and caramel so far.

Edited by Krista in LA

I have no idea, but I just use the regular 2% out of the fridge and don't drink any other milk or eat tons of dairy so I'm not super worried about it. I go by look. I don't use any sugar. I can not do fake creamer at all - I prefer black to that! Real cream is a treat now and again. If I'm using real 1/2 and 1/2 it doesn't take much at all.

I drink tea, not coffee, and I put cream in it. I'm guessing it's about 3 tablespoons, but that is just a guess.

I have one cup in the morning, and one cup in the evening. :-)

:iagree:

This is me.

It's all very shocking and disgusting to my Asian friends. :tongue_smilie:

I put 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of creamer, and some milk (for calcium ;)). Yes, I measure the cream & sugar, every time. The milk is less than 1/4 cup, but I don't know exactly how much--but I use the same cup every day so I use the same amount of milk every time. To quote my Mom: "It's quite a production to watch you make your coffee."

So, what exactly is fat free half and half?

Nonfat Milk, Milk*, Corn Syrup Solids, Artificial Color**, Sugar, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Mono And Diglycerides*, Carrageenan, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Vitamin A Palmitate. *Adds A Trivial Amount Of Fat. **An Ingredient Not Normally Found In Half And Half.

I put 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of creamer, and some milk (for calcium ;)). Yes, I measure the cream & sugar, every time. The milk is less than 1/4 cup, but I don't know exactly how much--but I use the same cup every day so I use the same amount of milk every time. To quote my Mom: "It's quite a production to watch you make your coffee."

I think I'm going to try this tomorrow since a few of you mentioned it - mixing milk and the creamer. I feel like my creamer is not going very far anymore (did they shrink those bottles, too?!?) plus it isn't really that great health-wise, but I have to mellow out the black of my coffee.

Okay, great. I had to go make myself a cup of coffee to see how much cream I like in it. Turns out I like 1/3 cup, which equals 5.33333 tablespoons.

I see that when I began to limit myself to one cup of coffee per day a few months ago (except during polls, obviously), my subconscious, knowing I am trying to lose weight, knew what it was doing.

This once, anyway.

So, what exactly is fat free half and half? Because isn't half and half supposed to be half cream (fat)?

It's basically mostly skim milk with "stuff" added to make it thicker and whiter so you don't end up with that disturbingly gray coffee you get with skim milk.

Ingredients: Fat free (skim) milk, corn syrup, cream (adds a trivial amount of fat, according to label), artificial (white) color, disodium phosphate (I'm assuming a preservative?), carageenan (seaweed/thickening agent), guar gum (also thickening), vitaimin a palimate (a vitamin, but I think also to preserve?)

The thickening agents I don't believe are too insidious - it's really the corn syrup and artificial coloring that bug me the most, but this is the only thing I eat with corn syrup and artificial coloring - pretty much everything else is non-processed whole foods or at least from TJ's where they don't put that stuff in. It must also be very little corn syrup, even though it's the 2nd ingredient, as it still only has 2g sugar in a 2T serving.

And still way better than that Coffemate/Cremora stuff that is made up pretty much entirely of corn syrup solids (main ingredient), hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils and the aforementioned white food coloring and preservatives. So, it's basically sugar and a bit of fat (2g and 1 g saturated, in a 2t. serving on the label - that's 6g and 3g in a 2T serving, to make it equivalent) that colors your coffee.

Edited by matroyshka