Menu

What's for supper?

We have chicken breasts marinating in a Hawaiian marinade sauce, and we're going to throw them on the grill.

We've got cut up onion, mushrooms, pepper, garlic, and tomatoes ready to go in the oven to roast, tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper.

We'll make some brown rice to go with it all.

Ham steak (from organic farm), from scratch scalloped potatoes (organic and made with creamy whole raw milk from farm). Dd10 made an apple cobbler with fresh picked apples. It smells SO good in here! :)

Only problem is we backed up the sink disposal with the potato/apple peels and now dh is trying to fix it but it is a BAD blockage-plz say a prayer we don't have to call a plumber!

Everyone else's sounds yummy too!!!!!!!

Baked chicken, Caesar salad, apple-blue cheese-pecan thing from Southern Living

ETA--The apple blue cheese pecan thing turned out great. You slice some apples and lay them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Crumble some blue cheese on top. Put in the oven at 425 for 3 minutes. Sprinkle some pecans on top.

Edited by Caroline

Bbq chicken pizza. I usually make my own crust but I didn't have time today and there were none in the freezer. I made a call and found out I could get it at the local chain pizza place for $1 so that's my new find! Publix sells their dough for over $2.50 so this was a deal.

Veggie lasagna, roasted asparagus and garlic bread.

But that's only if I can peel my rear off this chair and quit flipping back and forth between here and petfinder.

Thanks for the reminder - it's 4pm already!

Oh, oh, Laura! You're living dangerously with the Pet Finder thing.... been there done that! LOL

Oh, oh, Laura! You're living dangerously with the Pet Finder thing.... been there done that! LOL

Oh-ho! You're not kiddin'.

We are not having lasagna now.

It's organic hot dogs for the fam, tater-spuds or tots or whatever they're called, and green beans. I'll have the sides and a big ol' salad.

We've had a busy day, helping my sister move.

Everyone is tired, so we're all nuking a pack of Ramen noodles and calling it done.

Food police, please don't arrest me. :) At least the baby had Gerber meat sticks, wheat bread with butter, corn and peaches.

Mine was msotly a 'last blast of summer' veggie stoup. Tomatoes, bell pepper, eggplant, purple & sweet potatoes, summer squash, shucked corn, green beans, basil, parsley. I also added oinons, garlic, garden spinach, carrots, lentils, & egg noodles. I made it in a chicken stock base. I really do not want summer to end.

Edited by LibraryLover

We had New Orleans barbecued shrimp, which aren't so much "barbecued" as they are baked in a rich, buttery, spicy sauce. They are wonderful.

On the side I served a sliced-up baguette (to soak up the sauce) and a salad with red leaf lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers, and carrots.