Menu

Lied About Your Weight?

Have you ever lied about your weight?  

1. 1. Have you ever lied about your weight?

• No! I really don't care what anyone thinks.
    • Yes, by 10 or less pounds
    • Yes, by 11-30 pounds
    • Yes, by 31-50 pounds
    • Other

My husband doesn't know my weight. Even when I was pregnant, and at an OB appt, the nurse deliberately blocked his view of the scale.

I won't even give him a 'range'. :D

They wanted to know my wt when I sprained my ankle. Dh was in the room. I told the very young nurse NO WAY in front of him. She looked so confused, so I offered to write it on the form for her. :lol:

I have been 29 since I turned 29, and I have been 110 lbs for 23 years. Whats that tell ya.

Um...that if I sit next to you, you'll make me look old & fat. No one's believed that I was less than 30 for nearly 10 yrs. Now, I think that's mainly because of all the beautiful children that follow me everywhere rather than actual looking old. But the weight? I might could have lied that I was 110 when I got married & been believed. Now I'm afraid someone would say "110 WHATs? Because I *know* you don't mean pounds!" :001_huh:

Funny! I lied the day I went to get my spouse ID card when my dh was at Navy bootcamp. The man...yes indeedee, a sailor...typing up my card was going down the list of personal information, and paused at the weight and asked if it was accurate. :tongue_smilie: So I assured him that I had been working out a lot while dh had been gone to surprise him (true) and that I had lost 20 pounds (OK, it was 10). He seemed impressed with my fortitude. :D

Not only has my husband never known my weight, but my midwives don't know my "real" weight, either. They know that they don't know, and they're cool with that, as long as I'm honest about the amount of gain.

FWIW, I no longer weigh myself regularly, and I've been inactive for nearly 2 months now. I "gave" myself a 10lb credit from what I remember weighing last.

I always lie about my weight (well, not on this board - but I don't know you, so I don't care!!!). I've always been tall and weighed a LOT more than my friends and it always bothered me.

I recently lost the "baby" fat weight and now, I'm actually honest with my dh about my weight. I didn't want him to know before.

I said no, but I found out recently that I had been lying about my weight in the opposite direction. I had lost weight and didn't realize it. LOL It wasn't intentional, so I figure it doesn't count.

When I renewed my driver's license last time they didn't ask about updating height or weight. I didn't stop them to volunteer the information either.

I first got my license at 16... then had it renewed at 21 and they never asked about an updated height/weight, so I didn't correct them (of course that was 6 months after I had my daughter!). I haven't renewed it since, so my license still says what I weighed at 16.

:D

Other than that, I can't lie because I don't know what I weigh. If someone asks (and who would be that rude... oh that's right, my mother!) I just say I don't know.

No, not really. The subject doesn't really come up much.

When I renewed my drivers license in December I was 5 months pregnant. The boy (yeah, he didn't look a day over 17) asked me my weight. I said "Umm, it changes daily." I stepped back so he could see me, "I'm pregnant."

He was so sweet. He asked if I just wanted to have my old weight on the license. So I went with that. I was about 20-ish pounds heavier at the time.

I can't think of a time that I've lied about it- but that's more because outside of the doc office/driver's license, I can't remember ever being asked! I haven't lied to the doc- no point in that, they weigh you anyway! I had to get a new driver's license the other day and I gave my pre-pregnancy weight, since I'm almost 8 months pregnant!

Dh does know how much I weigh, because of the pregnancy. As of this week, I weigh as much as he does!!!!!

Not my weight so much - it regularly fluctuates +/- 7-8#s, so I would feel comfortable calling it on the low end. However, my waist size - that's a different deal. I have been known to call that one on what it was when I was in my twenties. Not necessarily a complete lie, because I really haven't measured it in a long while, so the number I give is the only one I honestly know...

I don't care. When I divulge my weight, it usually shocks people. Most people think I can't possibly weight what I do. I look at least 30 pounds lighter than I am, or so I'm told.

DH is the one who won't divulge his weight. It is a very carefully guarded secret, even from me.

I try not to lie in general. Those of you confessing that you do.... doesn't it matter what you look like, not what the number is? If you lie and say 140 and look 170 what does it matter? OR.... if you weigh 170 and look great, same thing. Muscle weighs more than fat (not that I have much muscle but just saying). What's in a number?

When I renewed my driver's license last time they didn't ask about updating height or weight. I didn't stop them to volunteer the information either.

Me too.

I try not to lie in general. Those of you confessing that you do.... doesn't it matter what you look like, not what the number is? If you lie and say 140 and look 170 what does it matter? OR.... if you weigh 170 and look great, same thing. Muscle weighs more than fat (not that I have much muscle but just saying). What's in a number?

Enough.

My husband doesn't know my weight. Even when I was pregnant, and at an OB appt, the nurse deliberately blocked his view of the scale.

I won't even give him a 'range'. :D

Same here

:eek: Oh dear I forgot......gotta renew my license sometime in the next few days and I know they are gonna ask. They should have a slot that says "Alot and that's all you need to know"

I weigh too much. As bad as that is, I don't want dh to know how much I'm closing in on him! :lol:

I marked no because it doesn't really matter to me. I hardly ever even get on the scale but it was a major point of concern to my family and my drs. for quite awhile. When my mom passed away I lost 30 lbs. which put me in the uncomfortably thin category. Neither my eating habits nor my activity pattern had changed at all. Finally my drs. threatened to put me on a med to make me gain weight if it didn't start increasing. At the one year point, I had regained 10 lbs. and everyone was happy. Over the last year the other 20 lbs. showed back up which is kind of depressing since I was quite content without it. I think this must just be my set point though as once again neither my eating habits nor my activity level changed. The weight just comes and goes for no apparent reason what-so-ever.

I apparently look much thinner than I actually am because people always under guess my weight and then are shocked when I tell them how much I weigh. People seriously under guess my age as well. I have had people ask to see my ID because they didn't believe me when I told them how old I was. I have been mistaken as the sibling of my children many times and people think I am putting them on when I tell them that no actually they are my kids. I think it's because when I was young I used to say I didn't care if I got old and sick as long as I looked good when I went. Boy, if I could ever take something back, that would be it. I would gladly trade a youthful look for the chronic pain.

I used to not own a scale, therefore any lying I did was unintentional. :D

We own a scale now, though. And I'm obsessed with the darn thing. Still won't tell dh what I weigh though (and I specifically bought a scale without that handy "memory" function). :lol:

I asked because as I was using my shampoo this morning, there was a question that asked what do 30% of women lie about? It was their weight. It made me curious to see if it was accurate or not. :001_smile:

I like to read, even in the shower!

If 30% lie about weight, then what does the other 70% lie about?

and btw - I don't lie about weight; its just none of anyone's business.

I've purposely understated my weight at times and purposely overstated it at other times. I tend to state what I think is a socially acceptable weight in the given situation. I'm fine with what I actually weigh (BMI of 20.8) but there seems to be a wide variation in what others think someone of my height should weigh. I really don't care to be judged about something fairly trivial so I'll go +/- 10 lbs. My driver's license is at the low end of the range.

i put other....because i have only fudged it to my kids. i don't want them to go announcing in the grocery store that their mom weighed 200 pounds right before our baby was born! otherwise, i don't care. it's just that kids say things at the worst times....

I've always listed my weight a little lower than what I actually am, but I had to mark "Other" this time. This year I'm 15 pounds lower than what my driver's license says! I've been eating very healthy this spring, yay! Now I can't wait to get a new picture on my license.

Other: I've never had any occasion to lie about my weight. It's never come up. My drivers license shows 25 lbs. lighter but the form was filled out 15 years ago. My picture has always stayed the same as well. In GA, they just renew the license by sending one in the mail. I was even able to change the address by mail when I moved 5 years ago. I figure they don't care, so why should I? :)

My highest weight was 182 and I joined WW and dropped down to 158. I've gained 2 lbs. back and am holding there. I'm totally fine with it! I feel middle-aged and look middle-aged. Oh, and I'm 42 yrs. old. :)

I have never lied either. I don't understand the point- it doesn't make my size different. Plus, it really varies from person to person depending on bone size/muscle mass etc. Same with my age, it is what it is.