Menu

What is your favorite classic TV show?

My mother and I loved The Bob Newhart Show. I think it came on before or after Carol Burnett, which I also liked, eso when she took questions at the end. I never really saw Cosby, as I was not a TV -owner when that show was on.

That too. And the Muppet Show

Emergency

Family Affair

Get Smart

My Three Sons

I used to love That Girl, but I haven't watched it yet with the family. Hazel was a favorite growing up too. My dad and I watched Adam 12 and Dragnet together. Dick Van Dyke, but again, haven't watched that in years.

My dc just discovered the Addam's Family. They think Cousin It is so funny!

Guest Katia

Disney's Zorro

You just gotta love Guy Williams. The role was perfect for him.

The Avengers

But I only really like the ones with Mrs. Emma Peel. There is no one quite like Diana Rigg.

Well, I felt left out of tv when I was younger. We didn't even own a tv for at least 3 years?? I liked... Bewitched... Andy Griffith.... Leave it to Beaver.... Magnum if that counts.... Rockwell.. what's that other old show that starts with "M" it was a detective type show... Perry Mason... Rawhide...

:)

I didn't watch much TV as a child or even as a teenager. One of the first shows I got into was 3rd Rock From the Sun. I know it's newer, but that show was so good that I started making up for loss time. And even after watching all those others on TV Land and Nick at Night, it's still my favorite. I do have memories of The Golden Girls and Mash with my grandmother, which I loved as well, but I think it was more of a Memaw thing than a TV thing.

TV was my babysitter as a child. I loved:

Three's Company (Through It's grammatical incorrectness.)

The A team

The Smurfs (My kids asked me about the Smurfs, and I knew I had failed them.)

OMG!!!!!!! The Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire! (Now This is the Story All About How...)

Ahem... Saved By the Bell (Yep. Not yet 30.)

Bewitched, when we could afford cable.

Gilligan's Island!

I've been getting season 1 discs from Netflix for my daughters at the same time as my husband and I are watching Lost again from the beginning.

It's like I can't move past the "What would you do if you were stuck on an island?" scenario. :D

Well, I felt left out of tv when I was younger. We didn't even own a tv for at least 3 years?? I liked... Bewitched... Andy Griffith.... Leave it to Beaver.... Magnum if that counts.... Rockwell.. what's that other old show that starts with "M" it was a detective type show... Perry Mason... Rawhide...

:)

Matlock?

We loved (and still do):

Hogan's Heroes

A Team

Mash

Brady Bunch

Beverly Hillbillies

Columbo

Quincy

Rockford Files

Early Edition (later show)

MacGuyver (sp?)

Magnum PI

Gilligan's Island

Emergency

Adam 12

There's probably more, but those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

Leave it to Beaver

I Love Lucy

Brady Bunch

Three's Company

Golden Girls

All In The Family

The Jefferson's

Good Times

One show I loved as a kid, but have never seen in reruns is BJ and the Bear. Does anyone remember that show? Greg Evigan was the star.

Edited by TXMary2

is mine. I just loved the way Claire and Cliff nurtured their marriage and the way they parented their children. One time my daughter told me I was acting like Dr. Huxtable (we have the entire series on DVD), and I thought it was one of the best parenting compliments I had ever received!

MASH (we got the full set on DVD last year so I finally got to see the episodes I'd missed)

Star Trek

The Love Boat

We hardly ever missed Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, right before Disney on Saturday nights. I can't say as I'd go back and watch them now though.:tongue_smilie:

I loved TV.

I lived to see Little House and The Waltons, wished I owned Mr. Ed, thought Genie was beautiful...and my whole family would watch Time Tunnel, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Mission Impossible...

I used to watch Monty Python with my dad late at night on Saturdays. He'd lie on the floor with his head on a pillow, perpendicular to the TV, doze off, and wake up laughing every few minutes.

When we were in Seminary over 20 years ago, my hubby and I would go to the grocery store at 10:30 on Friday nights (not EVERY Friday, but maybe once a month), get an el cheapo bottle of champagne, roll the TV into our bedroom and watch The Avengers.

I knew hubby was right for me when I went to his house one day and his family knew within 5 seconds (mostly by the title) exactly which re-run of Star Trek was on--complete with memorized line recitings.

The Munsters = my most favorite

The Addams Family

My Favorite Martian

Hogan's Heroes

Bewitched

Andy Griffith

Twilight Zone

The Outer Limits - I loved the opening for these. It went like this (copied from Wikipedia) ...

"Each show would begin with a cold open, followed by narration by someone identifying himself as the Control Voice, which was played over visuals of an oscilloscope.

“There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits.

— Opening narration – The Control Voice – 1960sâ€

Many episodes used one of two shortened versions of this introduction. The first few episodes began simply with the title screen followed by the narration and no cold open."

Edited by ksva