Menu

If you were a 16-month-old....(JAWM)

MedicMom

Where would you have put your mom's keys that you snagged off the end table next to the recliner?

Because the dog has hemorrhagic gastroenteritis and needs to go the emergency vet clinic, and he is throwing up and having diarrhea all over your house. And the kitchen sink and dishwasher drain are clogged and backfilled all over your kitchen. Then your older siblings were trying to be helpful and sucked up a sock while vacuuming, and now the vacuum cleaner is smoking and the sock is no where to be found.

Oh, and your daddy is on a 39 hour shift at work and Mommy has a 10-page final paper due tomorrow. Oh, and all your grandparents are unavailable this weekend.

So....if you were my toddler where would they be?

• Like 1

hamper. My kids always put stolen items in the hamper. Or the diaper bin. Or the trash. 

Toy bin is another good guess, if she thought they were toys. 

One kid would find my keys and put them in my purse. He still does this at age 3, actually. 

hugs. Maybe call an Uber? Although if the car is locked and you can't get the car seat out that won't work. I'm saying a prayer you find them. 

What a day. Hugs to you!

As for the keys, I check toy boxes, under clothes, etc. my kids stash things with their other treasures in predictable locations, thankfully! The worst one is the kitchen trash which has happened a time or two, but thankfully they usually drop it in and retrieve it rather than leave things in there (gross, but at least useful things aren't being tossed and lost).

Edited by Arctic Mama

I can pretty much narrow it down to the living room because I don't THINK he escaped the baby gate in the time frame between when I know I had my keys and when they went missing.

DH came home from work and took the dog to the vet, so at least that's taken care of. But I work in the morning so I need to find them. It's too far to walk(35 minute drive) and we have no public transportation. No Uber, not even taxis.

Aaaaggghhhh

Well about a month ago my toddler hid my keys in the toy cash register! Check inside any toys that open. We also found a pair of missing shoes a couple months after they were purchased inside her doctor's kit!

Good luck!

I highly suggest one of the phone finder things... we have one but it's not working right now. I changed the batteries in the remote but it didn't help. I suspect there is a tiny battery in the other component that needs replaced. They were very helpful prior to the battery dying!

• Like 1

I have offered money as a reward for finding lost things before. Maybe with some extra motivation your big kids can find them?

I have. We've all been looking. The baby has hidden them well. At least my house is getting clean today.

Edited by MedicMom
  • Like 5

Did you ask him? My sister was about that age when mom's keys disappeared, and both parents searched high and low until one of them said in exasperation, "E, what did you do with Mama's keys?!" And she led them right to where she'd put them (incidentally, it was a drawer on the back side of an end table).

• Like 3

Our 4 year old is the queen of hiding stuff. Took nearly 3 weeks to find DS's kindle (in the mixer under the beaters in bottom cabinet). We offer cash and prizes to the big kids for finding stuff.

I hope you find them soon and your dog is ok. :grouphug:

Yeah, I hope you asked the 16mo.  My kid sister used to know where everything was.  My brother would always lose his car keys and we'd ask the non-verbal 1yo where they were, and she'd point - even if they were out of sight to her.  So yeah, ask your little one!

I asked him. He just laughed at me and toddled off. We even gave him a set of daddy's keys and followed him to see where he put them. Didn't work. DS6 says he saw the keys were I thought I put them. We've searched the garbage, rhe yard(just in case I was mistaken and dropped them out there), my car, the fridge, everything.

My sister in law is lending me her car to get to work in the morning. DH will probably get home from work and find the darn keys in five minutes.

• Like 2

Where would you have put your mom's keys that you snagged off the end table next to the recliner?

Because the dog has hemorrhagic gastroenteritis and needs to go the emergency vet clinic, and he is throwing up and having diarrhea all over your house. And the kitchen sink and dishwasher drain are clogged and backfilled all over your kitchen. Then your older siblings were trying to be helpful and sucked up a sock while vacuuming, and now the vacuum cleaner is smoking and the sock is no where to be found.

Oh, and your daddy is on a 39 hour shift at work and Mommy has a 10-page final paper due tomorrow. Oh, and all your grandparents are unavailable this weekend.

So....if you were my toddler where would they be?

Mine is 10 and I still haven't found them... I think it was a drain hole.

Hugs I'm sorry you are having a rough weekend.

Dd once lost my wedding ring (I think I'd taken it off to knead bread dough). I looked everywhere and dug through multiple trash bags. A month later, I was mopping, and discovered it under an area rug. That shows how often I mop...

Did you ever find them?

My vote is in the couch. Deep down under the cushions, where you would have to cut the fabric to get anything out.

Edited by TKDmom