Menu

Just no

Mom-ninja.

Anyone needing a new denim jumper? Now, back again, in acid wash.

Oh, wait. That's the "marble wash" now. 

I think the acid is what made my eyes burn.

My sis still has an acid-washed denim jacket she had in high school. She & her dh do lots of things where they wear costumes (parties, Halloween, DragonCon, etc...). She keeps hers for the retro 80s parties, lol.

Oh, I don't know.  Add a "little" blue eye shadow and really shiny lip gloss, restyle that hair to include wings and bangs, add some bangles and jelly shoes and, voila, you've just defrumpified yourself.   :lol:

Now you can embarrass your family for a whole slew of different reasons! 

Oh, I don't know. Add a "little" blue eye shadow and really shiny lip gloss, restyle that hair to include wings and bangs, add some bangles and jelly shoes and, voila, you've just defrumpified yourself. :lol:

Now you can embarrass your family for a whole slew of different reasons!

Jelly shoes!!! Ah, the memories...

I love to look at fashion magazines. Oh, I don't dress particularly fashionably, but I like to look. I've been very disappointed lately. Everything looks so ugly to me and so 80's. I'm so glad I'm old enough that I don't have to wear ugly 80's clothing again. It was bad enough the first time around. (I graduated high school in 1990.)

The high school kids were wearing all-in-one shorts / romper type things last summer. I noticed because absolutely no one looked good in them. Actually, the one the OP linked to is really an improvement on what I was seeing last summer...

Paint splattered overalls?  When were they in style?  That's something I don't recall.

I had paint splattered pants with a matching jacket. I thought I was sooooo amazingly cool. Now I look at the pictures and shudder. Although, better those then acid wash jumpers.

DD was going through the Delia's catalog and circled a pair of high waisted stone washed shorts. I looked at her with horror and she says "what? They're cute" I told her no.

I did buy her a pair of high waisted shorts from American Eagle, I can not believe that she wanted them. I find them incredibly uncomfortable now. I graduated HS 1994, I caught the tail end of acid and stone wash and wore mostly grunge.

You people are supposed to jump on this. It's a denim jumper!!! You are homeschoolers, remember?

But it's nothing like the denim jumpers I used to wear. Yes, I was a denim wearing jumper homeschooling mama. (I especially liked the one with the embroidered pumpkins.) I think the romper is a bit much, as someone else said, it's not pleasant to have to get undressed to go potty. I had a business dress like that. But the denim dress is way cute. I think my dd's would wear it. I don't think the acid wash is too bad on that dress because the dress is so small. I wouldn't like acid wash jeans though. That's too much.

Heads up: One of the Kardashians wore denim short overalls recently. So now it's going to be a thing.   The 80's are officially back. 

Whoa.  I have a pair of DH's old overalls - authentically paint spattered, mind you - that are cut down to shorts.  I like them for gardening, sometimes.  But I can never, ever be associated with a Kardashian.  Shudder.

I wonder how much I could sell them for, now that they have a celebrity "endorsement" ....   ;)