Menu

What ringtones do you have for people and why?

3 ladybugs

I thought this could be a fun thread. I recently changed the ring tones for my husband, mother and father to things that reminded me of them. 

Mom is Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson (she is a huge fan)

Dad is When The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me by Jimmy Buffet (Dad is a huge Parrothead, wanted Pirate Looks At 40 but there was no ringtone for that). 

DH is I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers (known on the movie Benny and Joon). We have always liked that song and it was better then some of the other ones that remind me of him.

Still need to find one for my Dad #2. 

So what ringtones do you have for people in your life?

• Like 3

I don't have different ringtones for different people. The ringtone for all calls is the dog bark. Why? See user name and avatar. ;)

(And yes, the pooch chimed in the first few times he heard it. But even though I don't get a ton of calls he stopped reacting pretty quickly.)

I have special ringtones for my wife and my DD.  For my wife, there was a famous song by a Spanish Rock group that begins with her first name. Probably all women in Spain and Latin America with that name know that song... Occasionally she will put in the CD and dance to that. I love that...  And for my DD it is Star Wars or StarTrek or something.  For general calls, I have a favorite song by my favorite singer/band.

Life is too short not to have ring tones! Or to wear white underwear! I got an iTunes gift card and went nuts. 

DH's was Crazy in Love, but now it's Upgrade You. 

DD has one that pertains to a personal thing about her, so I won't share which song, but it is special. 

DS's is a Newsboys song he likes and the Sports Center theme for his texts. His is the only one who has a special tone for texts.

My chiro's is King of Pain. I think this is hysterical. If he only knew! He's good, don't worry. Some stuff hurts though.

Work is the theme song for The Office. As Jim said to Dwight's "Duh" about it's being Friday: "Duh."

My default for others? Men At Work's Who Can It Be Now? which cracks me up. I really want to add Evil Woman for one co-worker, but I'm too chicken. With my luck, she'd call while I was nearby and she'd hear it. 

Edited by Angie in VA
  • Like 1

DH's ring tone is Cool Rider from Grease 2. It makes me laugh every time I hear it :lol:

Oldest DD's was Carry On, My Wayward Son, but I just changed it to the Adventure Time theme song (more up to date on her interests!).

Youngest DD's is the Pokemon theme song.

My parents' numbers all have Parents Just Don't Understand by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

My BFF has Thank You For Being a Friend from the Golden Girls.

Everyone else gets the default.

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 1

Nobody ever calls my phone except scammers. Maybe I should set my ringtone to the Imperial March from Star Wars. LOL

It would be sort of fun to have different tones for text messages, though. Is that even possible? I've never tried.

It's definitely possible. I use Zedge to get my tones and sounds. The app makes it pretty easy. 

• Like 1

I don't right now, but in the past had

Over the Rainbow by IZ for all general calls

The Zoo by The Scorpions for all my coworkers (I had it set to start about the 17 second mark)

Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses for dd19

Heaven by Los Lonely Boys for ds23 

Low Rider by War for an old friend of my daughters who rode a long board

Dream On by Aerosmith was a favorite for a while.  I had it cut to a certain instrumental part to make it a good ring tone, but don't remember where. 

I had a Spanish version of a Santana song but don't remember which one. LOL

I think I will add the Theme to Friday Night Lights for dd19s boyfriend.  They were varsity football player/cheerleader when they started dating, so it is quite fitting for him  He is joining the Air Force soon so I was looking at patriot songs, but didn't find anything that seemed to fit quite right. 

Edited by Tap
  • Like 1

Well, no one will know these, but... 

Link - Hard Carry by Got7  (he likes this song)

Astro - Fire by BTS  (same as above and *I* love this song)

DH  - I'm Him by Mino  (Title says it all)

BFF - View by Shinee  (Her favorite)

Gma - Mama by J-Hope (BTS)   (Title again)

other BFF/SIL - Boombayah by BlackPink  (She likes the song)

everyone else - Blood, Sweat, and Tears by BTS - I need to make a new one, though, because I want Silver Spoon by them. :)  (I make mine on itunes)  

Fire and Silver Spoon are two songs I never, ever get tired of lol. 

Edited by PeacefulChaos
  • Like 1

For my husband, it is a version of "Happy Together" by The Piano Guys

For my Mom, it is "Mama said there'd be days like this".  

For everyone else, it is usually "Wait for it" from Hamilton but currently it is still "Carol of the Bells" because I forgot to change it after Christmas.   

My oldest daughter never calls me.  Neither does my youngest daughter but she doesn't like Hamilton so she insisted on a different ringtone so hers is set to "Angel in Blue jeans" by Train. 

Mr. Ellie is the Cuppycake Song. Because he's so cute. :001_wub:

Older dd is the baby laughing. She has the only grandchild. :-)

Younger dd is Disneyland's Electrical Parade. She loves Disney as much as I do.

A good friend loves the Wizard of Oz, but the only ring tone I could find was the Wicked Witch, so...

I change my general ring tone periodically, just because. I want it to be something that's unique, and something that I can actually hear. Right now it's Puttin' on the Ritz. It has been Magic Carpet Ride. I also have a Christmas ring tone. My notifications sound, similarly, needs to be something I can actually hear, and what I have settled on is that little bell chime-sounding thing from Back to the Future.

• Like 3

Many individual ones that are boring, but...

I made our eldest son's (on my iPhone ) the iPhone ring, Suspense...it is perfectly eerie and creepy...he thinks this is hilarious that I chose this for him...but, it scares the jeepers out of me each time, especially if I forget to turn the ringer off at night when it is next to our bed and he texts late!  

DH's (on home phone) is Old MacDonald Had a Farm

I used to have a dalek screaming “exterminate! exterminate!†but it started to bug me, so now I have The Final Countdown (G. O. B. ‘s theme music from Arrested Development).

DH used to have 'exterminate' as his text tone.  It scared people half to death all the time.  It was hilarious.  :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Dh is the marriage quote from Princess Bride ("Mawwiage...Mawwiage is what bwings us togethew today...)

Ds17 is the NFL theme song because he loves football.

Ds18 is a silly song because it amused us when we heard it and it still cracks me up. The ring tone ends after "apple of my eye"

The other boys don't have phones yet. My generic ring is the BBC Sherlock theme song.

However, my phone is nearly always on silent :lol:, so it doesn't matter much.

I only have ringtones for people I want to hear from, and 1 I don’t need to stop what I’m doing to check.

One Missed Call is a ring and text tone for a certain person.

For my home phone and kid phone, it’s the Stewie mom mom mom one.

For the not caring to jump person, it’s just a ding.

My father’s ring tone is silent with no vibrate. Lol

I thought this could be a fun thread. I recently changed the ring tones for my husband, mother and father to things that reminded me of them. 

Mom is Chattahoochee by Alan Jackson (she is a huge fan)

Dad is When The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me by Jimmy Buffet (Dad is a huge Parrothead, wanted Pirate Looks At 40 but there was no ringtone for that). 

DH is I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by the Proclaimers (known on the movie Benny and Joon). We have always liked that song and it was better then some of the other ones that remind me of him.

Still need to find one for my Dad #2. 

So what ringtones do you have for people in your life?

I just had to say that this is one of my favorite songs. It always make me smile.

I used to have Joy To The World by Three Dog Night for dh, Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy for oldest dd, I can't remember what I had for my mother.  Those are just about the only people that call me regularly.  I had the Glee (Neil Patrick Harris) version of Dream On as my main ring tone.  

When I got a new phone I didn't feel like going through all the trouble of setting it up again, plus I had all those songs on my iPod that I used to listen to in the car and it always took me a minute to figure out if the song playing was my phone ringing or the song coming on.   :laugh:  I still jump and glance towards my phone whenever one of those songs play.  Trained like one of Pavlov's dogs. 

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 1

Well, no one will know these, but... 

Link - Hard Carry by Got7  (he likes this song)

Astro - Fire by BTS  (same as above and *I* love this song)

DH  - I'm Him by Mino  (Title says it all)

BFF - View by Shinee  (Her favorite)

Gma - Mama by J-Hope (BTS)   (Title again)

other BFF/SIL - Boombayah by BlackPink  (She likes the song)

everyone else - Blood, Sweat, and Tears by BTS - I need to make a new one, though, because I want Silver Spoon by them. :)  (I make mine on itunes)  

Fire and Silver Spoon are two songs I never, ever get tired of lol. 

I actually do know Boombayah by Black Pink, but only because my Zombie class students asked to play it after we played Thriller and the Glee Thriller/Off With Their Heads mix in class.    :D

• Like 1

Most of the time, even at home where we don't have a land line, my phone is on vibrate. I'm used to it because of dh's crazy sleep/work schedule.

I do still have ringtones for dh and ds. Dh is the Game of Thrones theme music because he likes it (the music as well as the show and the books). Ds is one I should probably change. It's Stewy from The Family Guy. He repeatedly, annoyingly, says, "Mom, mom, mommy, mom, etc." until she finally screams, "WHAT!", then he says, "hi". The only reason I chose that for him is because sounded just like Seth McFarlane's Stewy voice when he was around 13 - not because he was annoying. His voice is a man's voice now though so it no longer fits.

Everyone else just has my general ringtone - Hedwig's Theme aka Harry Potter theme. About every other year we get Florida resident passes to Universal. It's pretty cool when we're at the theme park in the HP area and my phone rings. :D

• Like 3

I love having custom ring tones and text tones too because my kids communicate primarily by text.  I do use lengthy ones so I don't miss calls or texts.

Default ringtone changes all the time depending on mood and season, currently it's the theme song from the BBC Three Musketeers

Current default text tone is from Oliver Boyd and the Remembralls, End of an Era

Dh ringtone is the theme song from Fawltey Towers because he's a handyman and it's hilarious, his text tone is the Macgyver theme song.

Oldest dd is currently the Parks and Rec theme song because it's her favorite show

Youngest is the soundtrack main theme from Ni No Kuni, her favorite game

Twin sister is Firefly main theme

Little sister is theme song from BJ and the Bear because she loved it when she was little and it makes me smile

Mom and Dad are the Cheers theme song

My primary care has her own too, it's a voice clip from the Avengers, Bruce Banner saying, Well, this all seems horrible, because it suits

I use a lot of voice clips from movies because it amuses me to do so. ;)

I am now trying to find the theme song from Bubba the Redneck Werewolf because we watched it the other night when dh was sick and it was freaking hilarious. ;)

Edited by Lizzie in Ma

I used to have a dalek screaming “exterminate! exterminate!†but it started to bug me, so now I have The Final Countdown (G. O. B. ‘s theme music from Arrested Development).

Exterminate is my dh' s ringtone for my brother. His for me is a "Hello, Sweetie" by River Song. His mother: "Are you my mummy?". I dont have different ringtones.

Edited by beckyjo

My ringtone for DH used to be the Elvis Crespo song "Suavamente." The lyrics are loud and obnoxious and go something "te queiro sentir tus labios besandome otra vez, suavamente." (I want to feel your lips kissing me again) It always made me laugh, and any other Spanish speakers in the vicinity when he called.😂

Right now it's set to Ed Sheeran's latest song. I don't have separate ringtones for anyone else.

Edited by DesertBlossom