Menu

UPDATE: Pics in post 17: Going from waist-length to chin-length hair I think...

Eeeek!

I'm finally, finally ready to chop off my long hair.  I've had chin length bobs many times, but my hair thickened and grew really nicely during my third pregnancy, and so I let it go really long since then.    

But I *think* I'm ready to let it go.  

Anyone done this lately?  Shall I post a photo when it's all done?

Edited by Monica_in_Switzerland
  • Like 1

My hair grows freakishly fast, so I've done that a few times. :) It feels great to get rid of all that hair, but it's always a little annoying when you realize you can't put it in a ponytail anymore. I always have them leave mine long enough now so that I can pull it back into a little pony.

• Like 3

I've done this a few times in my life but I think I'm going to stick with long hair for the rest of my life.  I'm going to be the old lady with the long white braid.

I like being able to pull it back in a low ponytail or braid.

I'm lousy at getting my hair cut regularly and a short cut would require monthly trims.

My hair is super thick and a short haircut requires more work (blow dryers and flat irons and product) to keep it from being too poofy.

• Like 7

Bobs look awful on me, but oh certain face shapes with non-crazy hair they can look fantastic. There is a reason Anna Wintour has it as her life cut :)

You ladies are so much fun.  :-)  I will post pics.  

I've done this a few times in my life but I think I'm going to stick with long hair for the rest of my life.  I'm going to be the old lady with the long white braid.

I'm lousy at getting my hair cut regularly and a short cut would require monthly trims.

My hair is super thick and a short haircut requires more work (blow dryers and flat irons and product) to keep it from being too poofy.

I love the old lady with long gray hair look.  I am thinking I need to cut my hair short one more time before I become an old lady.  But like you, I think my old lady style will be a long one and not a short one.

I'm also lousy at getting my hair cut, so I always tell them I need a style that is going to grow out ok over the next six months.  

• Like 2

When I was 18yo I went from waist length to top-of-shoulder length. It felt so good to get all that weight off my head. Now if my hair gets too long I start getting headaches.

I've had bobs before and pixie cuts, but in the end I realized I look better in shoulder length.

Can't wait to see your pics!

• Like 1

My daughter did this recently! She went from long- not quite as long as yours, but a few inches below bra strap- to a short shaggy cut (think similar to Alice in Twilight if you've seen that).  That was stage 1. Then a few weeks ago she went even shorter (to the mid line of her ears) and got an undercut too. It looks fabulous on her and she loves it. Her hair is insanely thick and they did the undercut and thinned/textured it and she looks amazing and adores how easy it is to take care of. I say go for it! And definite pics! 

I am envious of people who have the face shape to pull off short hair. I need to have at least halfway between chin and shoulder because my face is too full (even when I was 95 lbs. in my 1st time through college it was heart-shaped because of the underlying bone structure).

You look fab! 

Anyone else notice that when boardies post pictures of themselves or their families, there are often packed bookcases in the background? Love it! I'm thinking of a Halloween thread--the costumes were great, but I also enjoyed seeing all the books!

• Like 8

I've done this a few times in my life but I think I'm going to stick with long hair for the rest of my life. I'm going to be the old lady with the long white braid.

Me too! It's funny because my MIL asked me this very morning if I ever wear my hair short. I said no and this is the reason. I've had it short a few times, but it is way more work and I have to mess with it every day. My hair *Is* a lot of work on the days I wash it, but after that, it's good for days. When it's in my way, into a ponytail it goes. When I want to feel pretty, it's down. I still get constant compliments on my hair and so I figure there is no reason to cut it short. I might not ever.

Even having my hair in a bob was way more work than having it long because it needs the length to weigh it down.

• Like 2

Me too! It's funny because my MIL asked me this very morning if I ever wear my hair short. I said no and this is the reason. I've had it short a few times, but it is way more work and I have to mess with it every day. My hair *Is* a lot of work on the days I wash it, but after that, it's good for days. When it's in my way, into a ponytail it goes. When I want to feel pretty, it's down. I still get constant compliments on my hair and so I figure there is no reason to cut it short. I might not ever.

Even having my hair in a bob was way more work than having it long because it needs the length to weigh it down.

You can tell in your profile pic that you have gorgeous hair!  Soooo thick!  

:thumbup: I love it!

• Like 2

You look fab! 

Anyone else notice that when boardies post pictures of themselves or their families, there are often packed bookcases in the background? Love it! I'm thinking of a Halloween thread--the costumes were great, but I also enjoyed seeing all the books!

My attention was completely divided between looking at the long hair and looking at the books.  Long hair...books!...long hair...books!...long hair...what are those books!?

OP--that haircut looks sooooooo good on you!  Wow!  Really, really good!  I like it a lot.  :)

• Like 4

You look fab! 

I find myself squinting, being all book stalkerish, trying to see what's on there :)

PS Your hair looks amazing!

• Like 3