Menu

So what's on your agenda for today?

creekland

I'm gearing up to pull cockleburrs from pony manes and tails.  It's going to be so much fun.   :glare:   My farm hands are still at college (or married).  Apparently they will do anything to get out of helping with chores.  ;)

Later this week weaning and halter breaking ought to be happening.

Fun stuff elsewhere?

• Like 3

Not at my house. I'm just doing mundane stuff. I have to take my dogs in to have their nails filed. They're overdue and I feel terrible. I have to drive to a computer store about 40 minutes away to pick up parts we ordered for ds's Christmas gifts. We need to put together a new office chair that I have a feeling is going to be frustrating. And I need to go to the grocery store for a few items. I'd also like to do a load of laundry and clean both bathrooms. We'll see if I actually get to those things though.

• Like 1

House inspection here. I hate house inspections, I get SO stressed, especially after our little scare with being evicted then not earlier this year. 

Then, tomorrow is my work day, fuuuun, clothes. I used to like clothes. 

I might be a little down in the dumps tonight

• Like 1

DH had some vacation left over and his company is the kind where if you don't use them you lose them so he'll be home the next 4 days..... just like last week :glare: .  We won't be getting much done(well the XBox will be busy). We are driving an hour away later this afternoon to take the kids to a Harry Potter themed activity at a library. 1 hour each way for a 1 hour activity :cursing: ..... I plan to do a bit of grocery shopping since the town we'll be in has an Aldi's :hurray: . 

Edited by foxbridgeacademy
  • Like 1

I'm deciding what to do.  It's a bit chilly and windy today so my plans to spend a few hours walking outside don't sound like much fun. I should go to a museum in DC instead but I can't decide which one. I really need to do something so I don't stay home all day.

• Like 2

I'm deciding what to do.  It's a bit chilly and windy today so my plans to spend a few hours walking outside don't sound like much fun. I should go to a museum in DC instead but I can't decide which one. I really need to do something so I don't stay home all day.

funny... I'm so happy that this is my stay home day.  It's been a busy week already. I just got home from carpool duties and I'm breathing a sigh of relief. 

Today I plan to:

do some weaving.  I have a project that I'm getting onto the loom and I want to begin the planning of another project (I furiously working on stash-busting projects)

Do some editing work for church related things (liturgy books and a prayer service).

practice some music for voice lessons tonight.

get a handle on Christmas gift ideas (ugh).

Edited by PrincessMommy
  • Like 1

Not as much fun as you!

I have to go pick up a slew of new medications for oldest, then make up a new 3 months schedule for said medications.

Take her to a monitored 1st dose of new iv med at the infusion center in an hour and make sure she premedicates with Benedryl.

If that goes well, get the prescription for the new IV med and latest bloodwork to home infusion company for delivery tomorrow.

Plus side, she is finally doing better and this big push is for her last co-infection!

At some point meet with a friend who emailed and said she needed a "mom-type" person to talk to.  (her mom passed away years ago)  Praying I will be able to help her with whatever it is she needs.

and, as always, figure out dinner.

I need to give the dog a bath.  Not a spa day (full groom), just a bath.  I did a bunch of errands Monday and Tuesday and caught up on house work yesterday.  So bathing the dog is apparently going to be the highlight of my day today.  And that's a very good thing.

• Like 1

Schoolwork, cleaning, laundry, meals, redirecting toddler to appropriate activities, taking toddler to the potty. . . Doesn't that sounds exciting?

However, I get paid in wet baby kisses and chubby arms around my neck and curly heads leaned against my legs a thousand times a day, and that makes it all worthwhile. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, fun stuff. Got up at 6am to take DS to the have his wisdom teeth removed. Now doing post-op care and monitoring him until DH gets home for lunch and I get to go to work. Will be home at 8pm.

This will not go down in history as one of my favorite days.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 1

Dd is finally (finally) taking an ACT practice test. The testing date is a week from Saturday. She knows what score she'll need to automatic scholarships...

We'd normally be working through the fourth subject of the day by now. All she's done so far is eat, read and discuss bio, and this.

I am practicing my calm face.

:lol:

• Like 2

Well, I didn't get the oil changed - I'll need to get up earlier tomorrow to beat the long line.

I did go to CVS to spend my extra bucks and use some coupons. With sales, extra bucks and coupons I saved 40% of my total.

My best deal was on Duracell batteries.

• Like 2

I did my usual morning routine, although somewhat abbreviated, because I was tutoring online until past 11:00 last night and had to be at my first job at 7:00 this morning. So, I "walked" with the dog for all of 10 minutes, fed her and the two cats, packed up some snacks for myself, pulled myself together and went out to sub in high school English classes for the morning.

I'm now home for about 90 minutes, after which I will head out to my second gig of the day, working at the tutoring center. I have a two-hour break between students, so I may try to run home and visit with my dog again unless I can think of a useful errand to run or a good place to rest and ingest some caffiene, instead.

Edited to add: Oh yeah! I just remembered that I did make the car payment, too! Accomplishing things!

I finish there at 8:00 and have another break before I log on to tutor from 9:00 - 11:00.

I'm back at the high school for a second morning in the same classroom tomorrow, but fortunately have nothing else after that until evening when I have another three hours of online tutoring. I'm hoping to finally get to the lab for my scheduled blood draw to check my thyroid levels at some point tomorrow. I've been putting it off all week as I juggled the work schedule and tried to recover from the holiday last week.

Edited by Jenny in Florida

DD9 has a massive tantrum this morning and there is now potted plant and dirt strewn all over my living room.  Broken crayon sprinkled amung the debris.  I can't vacuum because I have a bad back, so it will have to sit until one of my kids can help out and clean it up.

I had a home school consultation this morning at 8:45.  DD17 homeschools just pre-calc and takes all the rest of her classes in a B&M school.  The consultant was sick so she wasn't there.  :0/  A phone call or text would have been nice.  grrrrrr.  

I have 2 projects to get done today.  One is make the holiday wreath.  I bought a live wreath, now I just need to make it look like something I want to hang up.  LOL  The second is to find someplace to put a pile of home school items that i need to put away.  I was selling them on CL but need to get rid of them until after Christmas, since they are now sitting where the tree sits.  LOL 

Physical at PCP for me at 11

PT for DD17 at 345

Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast at 730.  Woot Woot!!!  The tickets were my birthday present to myself.  LOL   DS21 is watching dd9 so we can go.  I hope her attitude is better tonight!

Sorting out last minute shopping for formal attire for my boys first recital and washing them. Their teacher assumed we have formal/dressy clothes for church but we are atheist-agnostic :lol: My kids live in polo shirts and jeans.

Luckily we are 4 miles away from a big mall so we managed to grab white oxford shirts, dress pants, vests (no affordable blazers their size) and dress shoes. DH have plenty of ties which our boys can use.

Enjoy the long awaited rain because we don't need to go out today.

Today is the only day that DS does not have any outside classes - so, I would like to call an early night for the whole family. I do have to take him to his holiday recital rehearsal.

I finished ordering gifts for a birthday party and some christmas gifts. Will take my car in for a smog check and then pay the DMV fee. Need to do a whole lot of laundry and vacuum my living room. Will try a new smoothie recipe that I found online later on.

Printed out some AOPS placement tests - will see if we have time to get it done today. No rain in my neck of the woods yet.

Interesting snapshots of our lives - a really wide variety in our days!

I only managed to finish getting cockleburrs out of 1 pony and partially worked on 3 others.  We had 8 who were out in that pasture while we were gone for Thanksgiving.  I think they wandered around pretending to be cockleburr vacuum cleaners or lint brushes.  It's a good thing I enjoy being with the ponies in general even if cockleburr picking isn't my favorite thing to do with them.  If I don't go to school tomorrow, I'll be enjoying my time in the barn again.

Hubby's off to a long township meeting tonight.  I need to call a relative to wish them a Happy Birthday, then figure out how to amuse myself inside.  There are oodles of things I could do.  Watching the news and catching up on the computer are a start.  Supper will be easy.  I just finished some cheese curd we brought back with us and I have a delicious NY Cortland apple waiting in the fridge.  Then I'm thinking of tackling the table.  It was clean before we left.  Lately it's become a dumping spot for pretty much everything.

• Like 2

Normal work for me....I have two sellers in escrow, so working with the details of those transactions. Then working on negotiations for a buyer who is hoping to be in escrow sooner rather than later.

but the big news is FLOORS!

I've saved for two years to have pretty and distressed engineered hardwoods put in. Today is the day...we've moved furniture, painted trim, and draped much with plastic. It was dandy to see that old carpet ripped up and gone out the door. The floors were not as level as necessary, so they've been skimmed with a self leveler. Tomorrow I get my floors!

Then next week, new carpet in the master. (I wanted hardwood, but dh wanted carpet. We compromised with carpet in the bedroom.)

I figure I will become one of THOSE people who take their shoes off at the door....at least for a while. ;)

• Like 3

My day consisted of working with dd on math, washing dogs and their blankets, finishing up laundry, cleaning basement (ugh, that was work), taking dd to violin lesson, then doing a little Christmas shopping before coming home to finish up the cleaning of basement before pulling together some leftovers and cleaning out the freezer to make dinner.

I got a lot done.

My day consisted of working with dd on math, washing dogs and their blankets, finishing up laundry, cleaning basement (ugh, that was work), taking dd to violin lesson, then doing a little Christmas shopping before coming home to finish up the cleaning of basement before pulling together some leftovers and cleaning out the freezer to make dinner.

I got a lot done.

By contrast all I've done since coming inside were talking with my dad - actually - listening to my dad.  I never really get to talk much.  

Then I've spent too much time on here while catching up with the news.  I ate my apple (thank you NY for having great tasting crunchy/juicy apples!), and I just got off the birthday call having fun catching up with a favorite uncle.

I guess I should shuffle off to the table to start going through junk mail and "whatever."  I'm feeling quite lazy - though it feels good, so can't be all bad, right?

• Like 1

6:15- get up and get lunch and breakfast for child going to school

8:00am- shower and get ready for the day

9am- drive to my meeting 45 min. away

10am-11:30am- meeting in downtown

11:45-2:00- lunch with two friends to discuss some rather heavy issues

2:00-3:30-Drive to the school to drive carpool with 4 kids

4:30- take oldest to his Aspie social group back in the downtown area

8:30pm get home

9:00- help oldest photocopy his eagle project so we can turn it in tomorrow

I've been talking to dc before they left for school, and cleaning and cooking all morning. Apparently I got too much red curry in the Spicy Coconut Soup (2 tablespoons). *I* like it like that, but ds says some of the rest of them probably won't eat it. And there's a LOT of it. Oh well.

The sun finally came out, so I may have to take a walk before dark.

I'll probably sort through the books and vacuum up the cat hair. If they all go down to school tonight, I'll mop while no one is here but me and the cat. And watch a Redbox I've had since Tuesday.

Exciting stuff, I know. ;)

I'd like your soup recipe if you don't mind! That sounds yummy!

It's fun to read through the variety in everyone's day!

I've already been out to do the milking and now it's coffee time :)

Most of today I will be sewing like a mad woman finishing up the rest of the new coffee cuffs for the craft show I am doing locally tomorrow.  I've got about 60 more to finish.  

Then I need to get change, do inventory, and pack for the show.

Tonight, we need to pull blood from the new goat to send off for a biosecurity screen, and while we are at it, pull blood from another doe to check and see if she's pregnant.

We really should get lights on the tree, maybe after kiddos are in bed.

Oh, I need to print a picture of DD's new English Lop rabbit and wrap it, so she can open it (early Christmas present), since they are going to pick it up tomorrow.

• Like 1

I'm really late getting started outside today.  Really, really late.

OTOH, I love how both hubby's and my schedule are flexible.  I can't actually say I've gotten anything of value accomplished unless running the dishwasher counts.  :coolgleamA:

But I'm heading out now.  Ponies won't get done otherwise.  :lol:

Busy day here. The kids and I volunteered at a children's museum holiday cultural event. That was the morning. Doctor's appointment this afternoon, then teen party for the homeschool group this evening. I wish we didn't have anything on the schedule for tomorrow, but we have another volunteer event at a different museum. Holiday model train exhibit so it should be a blast!

Data entry (putting the client conflict rolodex into an Access database so the office can join the 21st century and we'll have grounds to argue to the legal secretary's boss that they should stop making her make and mail rolodex cards to the head office...we'll be happy to email a report or share the database, either of which would be less expensive than the postage and printing costs).

Then a four hour drive home.

Edited by Ravin

Then a four hour drive home.

That's a pretty lengthy commute!

I enjoyed my time with the ponies, but spent at least half of my outdoor time enjoyably talking with neighbors from either side and getting a short walk in (approx 1 mile).

Some days just aren't meant for getting much done I think.  This was one of those here.