Menu

TWTM forum-inspired purchases

Word Nerd

I once purchased a laminator because it was an Amazon Prime deal that I found out about here. My son was 16 at the time. I didn't need a laminator. 

I've gleaned so many ideas here over the years that it would be hard for me to remember them all, but I'll give it some thought. 

• Like 5

I once purchased a laminator because it was an Amazon Prime deal that I found out about here. My son was 16 at the time. I didn't need a laminator. 

I've gleaned so many ideas here over the years that it would be hard for me to remember them all, but I'll give it some thought. 

I got a laminator because so many people talked about them here. I'd made some things for my youngest got the materials laminated at Office Depot and that was expensive. However, the laminator gets primarily used for my job teaching swimming. I can't take paper on the pool deck. I use a grease pencil (china marker) to write on it (records and notes I make between lessons).

• Like 1

I don't even want to admit to how many things I've bought because of this forum.  

My favourite was my Well-Caffeinated Mind coffee cup.  I loved that cup.  I wish PHP still sold them.

I bought so much stuff for the kids when they were younger because of this forum. It would be scary to tally it up.

• Like 2

I had to look at the rat zapper.  I am not currently experiencing a rodent problem but that is good information to have.

I have purchased curriculum based on reviews here.

My favorite discovery was Duluth Trading for their long tail tank tops.  I have a rainbow of them.  I live in them.  They are my favorite tank tops.

• Like 1

A bag from Saddleback Leather.

:thumbup1: Love my Saddleback bags. This one was my reward for when ds graduated. 

I'm probably responsible for more than one person owning a Pro-Click binding machine as well.  :w00t: I'm not sure if I heard about here on the forum originally or not. This is still one of my favorite purchases. I use it in college quite a bit too. 

I did also succumb to Classroom Friendly Pencil Sharpener, which ds has stored in his room now. 

That's nothing compared to the books I've bought that were recommended here.  :svengo:

• Like 1

There haven't been any fashion items I bought because of the WTM forums, but I have bought several things after finding out about them here.

-Tramontina all clad stainless steel cookware

-Plan to Eat subscription (I did the trial first, but here is where I initially heard about PTE)

-These reusable produce bags

-This glass water bottle

There's probably more, but those are the ones that came to mind right away.

I can't even count the number of books I read after hearing about them here, mostly because of the Book a Week thread, but sometimes from another thread.

Ugh.  I am easily influenced. lol

Proclick(love love love)

Laminator(also love!- I have preschoolers and have had for 13 years)

Brother laser printer

essential oils

tons of curriculum related items(misc books, too)

Arrowhead erasers

Gorilla Pencils

Probably much more...  Heck, that shaki mat is in my Amazon cart now...

• Like 2

I've got the mat ....haven't used it yet though :lol:

all my curriculum purchases were influenced by the boards, and numerous books- I can't even try to count.  DVD's -sister wendy sale recently, shows- Cranford, Sherlock, all talked about here.  P90x dvds, the shred...I think decades ago, when we were on the old board, I heard about the American Girl dolls made by the original company (Geotz?) and I bought two for my oldest daughters, also I found the Magic Cabin catalog company through the boards and bought countless toys and creative stuff.

a good pencil sharpener recommended here, also the nice black pencils mentioned here...I'm sure there's more... :driving:

Edited by Hen

I bought an Instant Pot, carbon steel frying pans, and a cold brew coffee maker based on recommendations here.

I ordered the Rose style of Keen sandals after someone here posted a photo — I love Keens and have several pairs, but I hadn't seen that style before, and I love them so much I ordered another pair in a different color.

I bought waaaaaay too much curriculum when I first discovered this board, the vast majority of which did not work for us. But I will be forever grateful for the introduction to Math Mammoth, Human Odyssey (K12), and the OUP series.

I already owned a laminator (which I never used  :blush: ) but I did buy a disc-binding system (which I rarely used) and a comb-binder (which I used a lot) based on recommendations here. Oh and that spinny thing from Staples that holds supplies that everyone was buying — seemed like a great idea at the time but didn't really work for us. But it was a thread here (and a link to JetPens) that first got me into fountain pens, and now I have bunch of them and a collection of beautiful bottled inks.  :001_wub:

Oh! Thank you to whoever first posted about bullet journals! I've been using one daily for more than a year and am just about to start a new one.

speaking of bullet journals. Here is a nice one - grid, dated on top, one page per day, otherwise blank. Spiral bound.

http://franklinplanner.fcorgp.com/store/category/prod3030002/CA-Under-25/Dot-Grid-Wire-bound-Daily-Planner?skuId=66202&trackingid=113,214411::7719::prod3030002::66202

• Like 1

Diva cup

Company store bedding

Blendtec blenders

Adult coloring book

Prisma color colored pencils

Kate spade purse

Haba tack set

Stereoscope

Lego robotics

Various curriculum

Too many books, but one that bears mention "just mom and me" journal-I've really enjoyed getting to know her in this way

Apparently, I'm easily persuaded :-)

• Like 1

I've bought plenty due to learning of it here, but the latest was a shakti mat for dh for Christmas.

Dh's birthday was last week and I got him one. I got many Christmas presents for nieces and nephews last year that were recommended on the board and a couple of them were huge hits still talking about!

Desk Apprentice!! :001_tt1:

laminator

Settlers of Catan

I don't remember if I read about bullet journals here or somewhere else, but I know I have discussed them here.

I can't even begin to list the curriculum I have purchased due to recommendations on here!

Instant Pot

Zorb

I've purchased a few pairs of shoes that are good for plantar fasciitis based on recs here. Haven't purchased any clothing that I've seen recommended here though.

speaking of bullet journals. Here is a nice one - grid, dated on top, one page per day, otherwise blank. Spiral bound.

http://franklinplanner.fcorgp.com/store/category/prod3030002/CA-Under-25/Dot-Grid-Wire-bound-Daily-Planner?skuId=66202&trackingid=113,214411::7719::prod3030002::66202

I just saw this today and I've been drooling over it all day!!! I wish it was undated though.

I succumbed to the shakti mat in a recent thread.  So far so good.  I *think* it actually is good, but it could be the placebo effect.

A lot of purchases have been influenced by the board, but the one that stands out to me is Staples' Better Binders.  They are truly vastly better than other binders.  More "better" than I could have imagined. :)

• Like 1

laminator

breville toaster oven

rainbow loom

prismacolor coloured pencils

magnatiles

snap circuits

geopuzzles

staples binders

the magic schoolbus DVDs

Brock magiscope

LEGO we-do