Menu

Our daughter is married! Photos

PrairieSong

congratulations!!

She looks beautiful and her dress is lovely. Is the first photo of all your kids and your new son-in-law?

No, the first photo is of the two of them with some friends. The B&W photo is from the photographer but we only have a sneak peak of a couple photos from her so far.

I have to give a shout out to FaithManor (where is she anyway?) who helped me so much!! She is an event planner and last fall and winter she answered lots of my questions and told me the best places to buy tulle, gave me ideas, etc. I made a long veil for dd to wear during the ceremony and FaithManor told me what kind to get and where.

Oh also..the necklace she is wearing is a floating opal that my dad gave to my mother before they were married. My mom wore it at their wedding, and my sister and I each wore it at our weddings. My mom passed away a few years ago, so it was even more special that dd wore her necklace.

• Like 11

Oh, how lovely!

What a beautiful, radiant bride and handsome groom!

Best wishes to them!

And congrats to the Mom of the Bride! You did it!

Yes, I survived! And learned things for next time! We ordered our own flowers for decorating (a florist did all the bouquets and boutonnieres) and put white hydrangeas and baby's breath in blue jars on all the tables. That was pretty. We also put bouquets of peach roses on the cake table.

Dd did a photo table with photos of the parents' and grandparents' weddings, and an old window of mine she used as a display of photos of her and her new dh at different ages. It was sweet.

If you ever want to hang tulle and white lights from a ceiling...it's pretty but it takes a lot longer than you think it will! :-)

• Like 2

Yes, I survived! And learned things for next time! We ordered our own flowers for decorating (a florist did all the bouquets and boutonnieres) and put white hydrangeas and baby's breath in blue jars on all the tables. That was pretty. We also put bouquets of peach roses on the cake table.

Dd did a photo table with photos of the parents' and grandparents' weddings, and an old window of mine she used as a display of photos of her and her new dh at different ages. It was sweet.

If you ever want to hang tulle and white lights from a ceiling...it's pretty but t takes a lot longer than you think it will! :-)

I'm taking notes! ;-)

It all sounds lovely! I adore hydrangeas. Those sound gorgeous.

• Like 1

I'm taking notes! ;-)

It all sounds lovely! I adore hydrangeas. Those sound gorgeous.

They were lovely!! We put two hydrangeas and baby's breath into each blue jar.

The roses and baby's breath arrived on Thursday as planned but the hydrangeas didn't. On Friday when we were decorating, 15yo ds stayed home to wait for them. He was within earshot of the front door but heard no knock or doorbell, and suddenly looked out and saw the FedEx truck driving away! So I had to spend time on the phone tracking those down and getting them to come back.

They were lovely!! We put two hydrangeas and baby's breath into each blue jar.

The roses and baby's breath arrived on Thursday as planned but the hydrangeas didn't. On Friday when we were decorating, 15yo ds stayed home to wait for them. He was within earshot of the front door but heard no knock or doorbell, and suddenly looked out and saw the FedEx truck driving away! So I had to spend time on the phone tracking those down and getting them to come back.

Oh no! That probably got your heart racing!

Your dd is so beautiful!!!

She and her new dh make a lovely couple.

But where are the photos of the mother of the bride? ;)

Ha! This is the only snap shot I have with me in it...except for a large group of friends where you can't see me very well. But this one shows the long veil I made her. We won't get the photographer's photos back for a while.

image.jpg1_zpsyokz0jd8.jpg

• Like 3

I love her hair and I think it's hilarious that the only picture of you is fixing her veil! I hope you look lovely in all the professional portraits and next time assign one of your kids to get 3 good candid shots of you enjoying the wedding you worked so hard to put together. So you can post them here, of course.

• Like 1

I love her hair and I think it's hilarious that the only picture of you is fixing her veil! I hope you look lovely in all the professional portraits and next time assign one of your kids to get 3 good candid shots of you enjoying the wedding you worked so hard to put together. So you can post them here, of course.

Yes, well, I wasn't the focus of attention. Guess I should have been demanding that someone take my photo for the Hive! What was I thinking? Haha.