Menu

I lost a fur baby last night.

jrn

I'm a former vet tech, working for 10 years in a vet clinic, I've had numerous pets, numerous losses. This one hit me hard. One minute my sweet Maxie boy was jumping up on the couch to snuggle and the next minute he was gone. :crying: Horrible.

My sweet Max, the best orange tabby with the most amazing purr anyone could ever hear and the longest whiskers you can imagine. To make matters worse, I can't find any pictures of him. Ugg, now I'm crying again. Take pictures of your fur babies before it is too late.

I'm a former vet tech, working for 10 years in a vet clinic, I've had numerous pets, numerous losses. This one hit me hard. One minute my sweet Maxie boy was jumping up on the couch to snuggle and the next minute he was gone. :crying: Horrible.

My sweet Max, the best orange tabby with the most amazing purr anyone could ever hear and the longest whiskers you can imagine. To make matters worse, I can't find any pictures of him. Ugg, now I'm crying again. Take pictures of your fur babies before it is too late.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I am so sorry. I lost one last week. I cant talk about it right now because it is too painful but you have my sympathy.

And  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  for you too :(

I lost my pup (10 yrs old) to liver cancer this morning. She seemed absolutely fine Friday (we had no idea she had a tumor), Sunday she could barely walk, and today she had to be put down. 

First time I've really had to deal with this, it's tough. 

RIP Maxie (and Jeely)

((hugs))

I lost my pup (10 yrs old) to liver cancer this morning. She seemed absolutely fine Friday (we had no idea she had a tumor), Sunday she could barely walk, and today she had to be put down.

First time I've really had to deal with this, it's tough.

RIP Maxie (and Jeely)

So sorry. RIP to all our beloved pets.

Quote function being wonky again.

((hugs))

I'm so sorry to hear about all of these losses.

But, honestly, I'm encouraged to be in a group that cares so much about their pets. I just read a horrible story about a local animal abuse case -- it's good to come here and see so many people who understand how precious these lives are.

• Like 2

Just like that...with no warning?  :grouphug: :grouphug:

Yes, totally fine one second then gone the next. Had we been in a vet clinic with all the emergency equipment available he still would have died. It was so fast. I've run everything through my head, what did I miss? what should I have done differently? There was nothing. If I'd be working in a vet clinic I would have requested a necropsy.

I think that's why I'm so broken up over it.

Thank you to all of you for the hugs and hugs back to you who have lost pets too.

I'm so sorry. :( Our Border Collie was that way. Fine on a Tuesday, sick on Wed and gone by Thursday night. :( I took random snapshots on my phone, but I was so happy to look through pics on my computer one day and realized that ds had taken a bunch of her for his photography class. (((HUGS)))