Menu

Just for fun - What are your kids/you dressing as for Halloween

kentuckymom

I love costumes, and Halloween is the perfect excuse to wear them. Usually DH and I dress up as well. I let the kids take the lead, and then figure out costumes for us (DH is happy to dress up, but not interested in the planning aspect). This year Kittygirl wanted to be a squirrel and Squirrelboy wanted to a cowboy. Yes, I know it's kind of funny that the squirrel is not the kid with that nickname on here :). There we no good way to work that into an overall theme, so I'm matching Kittygirl and DH is matching Squirrelboy. Our family costumes will consist in:

A grey squirrel and brown chipmunk (Kittygirl and Mom)

Two cowboys (Squirrelboy and Dad)

Maybe I'll share some pictures later in the month.

DS5 will be Emmet from the Lego Movie, DS6 is Lego Batman. DS1 is a fireman. It was cheap and he likes swinging the plastic axe.

I don't think DH and I are dressing up this year. Last year we were Sheldon and Amy from the Big Bang Theory.

All we're waiting on is the orange pants for the Emmet costume, the rest is done.

13 year old will be a pirate. She's got a dress and a sword and she looks great. 12 year old will be a monster. She picked this because 10 month old is going to be a monster if it's cold, a fairy if it's warm. 12 year old is going to match.

We found a cute witch costume for DD10 at a garage sale.  DD13 is piecing together a Marcelline the Vampire Queen (from Adventure Time) costume, though she doesn't want vampire teeth.  She hates vampire teeth.

I wanted to be Marceline lol. I forgot all about the teeth. I was just thinking of the little marks you paint on the neck for her. I looked up fun tutorials on how to make a bass prop last year.

Thank you for the reminder of the marks on the neck!  Must remember that touch.

DD4 and DS7 like being a pair. Last year, they were Batman and Robin, and this year, they are going to be the Kratt brothers from the Wild Kratts. They got their costumes this week and have been wearing them all the time, making up stories and games. I'm not big on Halloween and never have been, but we make it special because it's also DD's birthday. It has been so much fun seeing their imaginations run wild this year!

DD(7) is going to be Elsa. When she asked (no...really begged) for the Elsa costume, I told her that every little girl is going to be Elsa this year. Her response? "I know." Hmm...so much for her doing her own thing! But I did buy the Elsa costume for her anyway. I'm a sucker like that.

DS(10) has informed me this will be his last year to dress up (sniff, sniff!). He wants to be some creature from Minecraft (a Wither?). Any clue how I can make that? I'm soooo not creative. :)

dudeling will be a Gryffindor.  he chose a Hermione's wand from ebay - came from hong kong.  (they have a selection of different wands belonging to different characters.  they are much nicer than the costume companies, and reasonably priced. even lights up.)

I just looked up Wither. That looks complicated as it has 3 heads... looks a little bit like Enderman to me (we have an Enderman cardboard head given to ds last year).

I know! I've just never been that cool mom who gave her kids awesome costumes, ya know? So I would love to come through with this. We will see though.

Youngest is the only one dressing up. Last I heard she was debating between a minion or Olaf (no Elsa here!). She's pretty creative and will largely make the costume herself--she's done an awesome Olaf head out of butcher paper before. I'm telling her that if she wants to be a minion we need to find some overalls sooner rather than later.

DD is going to be the serpent that guarded the golden fleece (which she says also overlaps with Kastraliss on Neopets and  Quetzalcoatl). Purple snake-print pants, purple snake-print leotard, wings made of tulle, and a gold-colored scarf made of fleece material.

I'm guessing that if anyone guesses at all, they'll probably think she's Spyro from Skylanders.

Younger will be Mario and go out with other characters from the game to distribute fliers for the Mario ballet they're in the next weekend (dd is Mario in the ballet; it's going to be fabulous).

Older will attend her first college Halloween party and was thinking about wearing the 1920s bridal dress I made for Drowsy Chaperone. The theme is to come as your favorite dead person, and I'm not really sure where she's headed with that.

Ds13- The blue screen of death (death robe, cardboard "screen" for a face, painted blue)

Ds11- Tech support. He says he's going to walk around shouting, "Is it plugged in? Did you try rebooting?"

Ds9- A skunk. He is playing the part of Skunk in Peter Pan, Jr. and wants to be a skunk for Halloween. :)

Cat

We had a big elaborate 1980s plan--DD as a Cabbage Patch Doll, me as Punky Brewster, DS as Leonardo (TMNT), and DH as Shredder (TMNT). But with our sudden upcoming move we've edited to DS as Leonardo, DD as tiger (she growls adorably), me as the exhausted mom, and DH as the guy-who-started-a-new-job-in-a-different-state-and-is-waiting-for-his-family-to-join-him :)

who knows.

Youngest will just be an Army man (dress in cammo)

Middle and oldest may not dress up at all, but oldest said yesterday he wants to be a cereal killer (literally.......cereal boxes taped on with fake knives in them! LOL)

DD10 is going as the green ninja from Ninjago.

DD7 is going as Izzy from Jake and The Neverland Pirates.

DD3 is going as Jake from Jake and The Neverland Pirates....I think I'll put a blue bow in her hair or something LOL.

Nephew 18 is going as Price Eric from The Little Mermaid.

I'm going as Where's Waldo.

And we have to find something for DH!

We'll be at Disney for Halloween, as usual! We usually do a family theme but  no one could agree this year LOL.

DD is going as Rd Riding-hood with a twist.  She'll be carrying a Wolf's head as her basket and an Ax.  DS 13 says he's not dressing up but will end up as a zombie, probably.  He's gotten on a bit of a health kick and is trying to eat better.  I'll probably offer to pay him for the candy (so he'll actually dress up) and then give it to nieces/nephews. 

My kids are all to big, but the grand-babies are going to be:  Taliyah 3--Tinker Bell,  Isaiah 2-fireman, Sophia 2-an adorable nice witch and Amiyah 1- Snow White.  We did a photo shoot while they were here and I'm busting at the seams to show everyone the pictures, but the girls said not until Halloween.   That's the hard part of being a Nana. 

DS7 is going to be an Ewok. I bought a bear costume and am adding Ewok accessories.

DS13 will be a soccer player. We need to go to Soccer USA to get a jersey. It's our sneaky way for him to get a new jersey. I don't know which team, yet, but I think he wants Real Madrid. Last year it was Chelsea. I'm an Arsenal fan (just to be contrary,) but he won't go for that. Maybe I will be an Arsenal player... He is going to a party instead of trick or treating this year.

DD9 hasn't made a decision.

Our local Bricks and Minifigs is having a Halloween event the Saturday before, and DD has decided that she can rework her costume, add a snake staff, and be Pythor, If I can figure out how to make (or break down and buy) a crocodile head/hat, I'm supposed to be Cragger.

DH is considering being the mad scientist mini-fig, if we can find a cheap lab coat.

DD17 - Pink

DD16- Will Treaty (from The Ranger's Apprentice series)

DS14 - we're trying to convince him to be Toby from Sweeney Todd since dh and I are planning to dress up as Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett

DS10 - he doesn't like dressing up but he likes candy  :laugh:  Probably something weather-related