Menu

It's hard for me to post this because it makes it much more real.

Rose in BC

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sad, for you and for your family, and also, for your DS, when I read your post. I hope that he will make good progress, wherever he is, and that you and your family will heal. I believe that you and your family did everything within your power and ability to help him. Gentle hugs from South America for you!

You know, if it wasn't happening to us I wouldn't believe the things we've experienced. I feel like a made for TV movie. I keep thinking back to all things we could have, should have, would have done differently with our poor broken boy. But we didn't know how broken he was.

You and your DH did the best things you knew to do for him. Do not spend time worrying about what you might have done differently. It probably would not have made a difference in what your DS decided to do recently.

:grouphug:  I know my parents suddenly got much more intelligent and understanding after my firstborn came.  I'll remain hopeful that the same will happen to you and your dh after your ds has kids of his own (or perhaps sooner).  Never lose hope.  :grouphug:

ps  Make sure you read that in the way it was intended... naturally, IRL my parents didn't change... it was my perspective of them that was suddenly changed, once I realized what parenting entailed.

Hugs and prayers...honestly, you and your DH and your other kids for that matter have worked so hard and been through so much.  I hope that you can all find a way to heal and that someday he comes home to you, having finally found a better path.  And when he does it will be because of all the love you have given him and all the years of hard work and sacrifice and support.  Without you, he would have stumbled much harder much sooner.  At least you and your family have given him a fighting chance.  So very, very sorry for what you and your family are going through, Rose.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: