Menu

Curious: In times of rude service. . . which companies are really good?

Alicia64

I agree with Chipotle. We have eaten at several. And they always have my internet order ready and correct. Love Chipotle.

Publix is always good.

Critical Thinking Company did a great job when my package arrived with 1 out of 10 items. They overnighted the rest to me, even though it was obviously a Fed Ex failure.

Rooms to Go

Amazon--even does a great job of getting things to Afghanistan for me.

Talbots

American Eagle (and they have jeans to fit my skinny boys!)

Georgia Tech's Bookstore, which is a Barnes and Noble (I love that I can order things for my son a and they will have them boxed at the register for him)

Lots of local places, too

Chick fil a definitely has great customer service and overall pleasant employees. Dd's hands broke out horribly after washing in the restroom. It was odd because she had never had a reaction there before and yet her hands looked like she suffered a chemical burn. The manager was very helpful and caring. She also changed out the soap just in case it was a bad batch.

I have also had good and helpful service at Trader Joes and Harris Teeter.

ETA: I don't like to deal with Walmart's customer service. It is very inconsistent. In the store they seem to treat you with a lot of suspicion. Some employees will make an attempt and others just keep passing you on to others with just a modicum of effort toward your dilemma. 

Chick fil a definitely has great customer service and overall pleasant employees. Dd's hands broke out horribly after washing in the restroom. It was odd because she had never had a reaction there before and yet her hands looked like she suffered a chemical burn. The manager was very helpful and caring. She also changed out the soap just in case it was a bad batch.

I have also had good and helpful service at Trader Joes and Harris Teeter.

Yes, I love the Teeter!  Best grocery store customer service ever.

I've also never had anything but a good experience at Bed Bath and Beyond.

Thought of another one: we eat at Chipotle 1-2 times a week, and they are always super-friendly and fast (at all three locations we frequent).

DH is pretty certain our buiness at one Chipotle paid for two others. You go weekly? I am so jealous.

When dd decided which college to attend, I looked up Chipotle locations. There is one in that college town, so I approved of her decision.

Costco. One day we were eating in the food court area. A manager was in the middle of an interview next to us. When my daughter dropped her frozen yogurt, he immediately got up from the interview, grabbed the dropped cup and went to get her a replacement.

Amazon has also been excellent.

Costco. One day we were eating in the food court area. A manager was in the middle of an interview next to us. When my daughter dropped her frozen yogurt, he immediately got up from the interview, grabbed the dropped cup and went to get her a replacement.

Amazon has also been excellent.

Wow, what thoughtful service. :001_smile:

Peace Hill Press

Right Start Math

fabricguru.com

www.chewy.com

Vitamin World (store & internet)

Panera Bread

thehonestkitchen.com

twloha.com (to write love on her arms)

thinkgeek.com

zappos.com

bestbullysticks.com

bookrenter.com

shoebuy.com

Mr. Coffee

hautelook.com

llbean.com

landsend.com

amazon.com

abercrombie.com

sephora.com

Target (in-store only! online service was horrible)

Amazon

Costco

The Children's Place (usually)

Sephora 

I make a point to fill out online surveys when given the opportunity, and always let them know how much I appreciate their good customer service. I always tell Amazon this as well when dealing with any issues they've resolved; they've never let me down! There are very few places that I will return to if I was treated poorly! I guess I'm a grudge holder. 

On a side note, my parents just had a really good customer service experience with Mr. Coffee. Their brand new coffee pot didn't work (not sure why they didn't return it to retail store), and they mailed them one immediately, no questions asked.

In-N-Out

Chipotle

Costco

Amazon (though I hate that they outsource their calls)

American Express

Land's End

LL Bean

Bank of America (I know people complain, but we've had nothing but stellar service with them)

I think there's a lot to be said for the service at locally-owned businesses sometimes too. For example, I'll pay a bit extra for paint from a local paint store because they are so helpful and did little things like carry my paint out to my car for me when I was obviously pregnant or wrangling a toddler :)

Chick-fil-a

Ted's Escondido (a local restaurant)

I had a bad experience with Amazon.  I ordered two identical items that each had two boxes shrink wrapped together.  They came in the same package.  One of the shrink wrapped boxes was ripped open and a box removed. It had to happen at the Amazon level.  Other than that isolated event our experience has been good.

All of my favorites have already been mentioned:

Target (though I think it varies by location)

Costco for sure, I love that place.

American Express

Amazon

Chick-fil-a

In-and-Out

Chipotle

Apple

Also, Gap/Banana Republic online, Boden, and Pei Wei. Oh, and Sonlight always has great customer service. In my experience, anyway. :)

Yes, I'm a good little consumer. ;)

I know this isn't helpful to anyone who doesn't live locally, but my library has the best, most helpful customer service ever, and the best childrens librarians ever. Also, when I call my city garbage department, I always speak to the nicest people. LOL. I really appreciate it though, it's amazing what a difference it can make to your day.

The Teaching Company - we've returned several sets for a full refund when the lectures weren't what we thought they would be - mostly because we didn't care for the instructor's teaching style.

Central Market - a local-ish grocery store

As mentioned previously, LLBean,  Chickfila and Nordstroms - I found my gynecologist by chatting with the saleslady there.

Every Trader Joe's and Apple Store I've ever been in has had great customer service.

For online service, Urban Outfitters is fantastic.  (My girls shop there online.  I don't know about their actual physical stores.)

Also, we've had a Capitol One credit card for years and years, and they've always been great as well.