Menu

Settle a disagreement between DH and me.

staceyobu

347 members have voted

1. 1. Beevis and Butthead

• I'm a girl and I think it's hilarious.
    • I'm a girl and I think it's tolerable.
    • I'm a girl and I think it's stupid.
    • Other.

"Stupid" is not even the word I would choose for that or any other show like it. Could you put a poll option that is worded a bit more strongly? ;) Obviously, you know which way I voted (although I only watched about 3 minutes of it once just to see what it was about; that 3 minutes was all I needed to feel like I needed to bleach my brain).

Beavis and Butthead are tolerable. I have to deal with certain shows because I married a man. The show I really can't stand right now is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Ugh. Dh loves that show. I think it's mean spirited and dumb. And it's all dh wants to talk about somedays. Drives me bananas.

I think I'm definitely in for tough times with all men in the house. LOL

I do think it might be a gender thing. Boys and even men seem to like it. I find it cringeworthy at best.

But the funny thing is, sometimes I want to tell my girls (age 6) how their antics remind me of Beavis and Butthead. But I don't want to give them the context, so I keep it to myself. ;)

My husband and I met in 1993 and we would get together in the dorms and watch the Simpsons and Beavis and Butthead. So romantic I know. :laugh:

Our cat is named Beavis.

Nowadays........It is not fun with out my hubby. I bought him the episodes on DVD but they do not have the B&B doing the music video commentary and that was the funniest part! Watching it without the music videos is not in anyway as much fun.

ETA: Finish my thought and make a complete sentance. LOL I am tired.

I find it a bit more than tolerable. I like it when they're in Spanish class and I love watching the music video parts. I discovered Ween from them. :tongue_smilie: I love their Radiohead Creep clip.

DH on the other hand. *sigh* He's had a 20 year crush on Mike Judge. Luckily for me, most of the stuff he's put out since then has been brilliant.

I like Simpsons and Futurama.

I liked South Park for a little while but stopped watching after the Christmas anti-Christ abortion episode.

Do NOT like Beavis and Butthead, Family Guy, and a few others along the same lines.

I tolerate American Dad because it has Patrick Stewart in it and because I only want to punch HALF the characters in the face.

I thought B&B was funny when it first came out. I'm sure now I'd only find myself suffering through DH watching it, which thankfully he does *not*. I do suffer through American Dad episodes though.

Futurama and Bob's Burgers are a huge favorite in my house. I don't even mind The Simpsons too much, although I'd have much preferred my kids never have seen it.

South Park and Family Guy aren't watched in our house anymore b/c DH was very strongly against their anti-Christian story lines recently.

Beavis and Butthead are tolerable. I have to deal with certain shows because I married a man. The show I really can't stand right now is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Ugh. Dh loves that show. I think it's mean spirited and dumb. And it's all dh wants to talk about somedays. Drives me bananas.

I think I'm definitely in for tough times with all men in the house. LOL

Haha. We have quite a bit of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia watching going on around here too.

My DH would also like to recommend Trailer Park Boys to your DH. Have fun! ;)

edited to add... I feel very vindicated by this survey.

Haha. We have quite a bit of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia watching going on around here too.

My DH would also like to recommend Trailer Park Boys to your DH. Have fun! ;)

edited to add... I feel very vindicated by this survey.

We watched the Trailer Park Boys the other day. We laughed so hard. We love It's Always Sunny. One of DH's text tones is Charlie screaming.

I'm a nerd, but I don't see what that has to do with whether or not it's funny. My SO thinks it's hilarious, he likes SpongeBob and Ren and Stimpy too and is nerdier than I am. I say it's in the same group as those two, Adam Sandler and Will Farrell movies. I'm not a body/rude humor person in general though.

I still say it's a false dichotomy. Why can't something be stupid and hilarious?

It can be, but then it's rather brilliant in its own way... like Dougal in Father Ted.

OTHER! I'm a girl and I think it;s both hilarious AND stupid!

I'm assuming we're talking about the old shows- they're nto remaking this are they? O.o

DH & I will sometimes quote the show- a favorite was when it was a bitter cold day and we were pushing Gramma's wheelchair uphill so she could watch her great-granddaughter in a parade. The shortest. fastest way to where we needed to be included jaywalking- so I told her to hang on tight as I took off running diagonally across an (empty at the time- I'm not stupid!) intersection while shouting "Breakin' the Law! Breakin' the Law!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBZClrxDLQ