Menu

Hey Girls

unsinkable

It's been a while.

DD was really sick for a long, long time.

It was so horrible for her, for all of us. And it went on so long. And I felt broken and useless as a mom.

I stopped posting and when things were a bit better, I felt weird about posting. As if I was invited to a party "back home" but I hadn't been home in years, and even tho' I knew everyone, I knew they didn't know me. Because I wasn't the same any more, because of the broken parts.

But I saw the Duggar thread resurrected, and the tatertot bashing...

And I knew I needed to tell you girls this:

Welcome home!

Love it!

Hmmm.... I wonder if I need to change my siggy to read, pro cupcake, anti-tatertot.

I would have put myself down as "anti-tot" but I had some Crab Tots at a street fair in Baltimore this fall and they Rocked My World. Tater tots - crab dip - melted cheddar. Being bad never tasted soooooo good. I may but tots JUST to recreate that recipe.

Thanks for the newest welcome-backs!

About DD -- she is much more stable than she was. She still has bad days with smaller seizures but she is so much better than she was in spring and early summer.

She also has no memory of so many things that happened the months she was sick. For example, last year she helped me put up a new (to us) Christmas village. It was handed down to us from her Grandma who died. This year, I asked her if she'd help again w/"Grandma's Christmas village" and she had no idea what I was talking about. It just happens over and over with different things.

I'm skittish b/c this is the time of year that she took really bad turns the last 2 years. Then this morning she won't up with intestinal issues and I'm worried about dehydration. Urgh.

It's hard not to worry.