Menu

Not quite 6 weeks pregnant and spotting again.

I am really freaking out. :(

So I had that spotting around 4 weeks that seemed to end up being some implantation spotting. It was always light in color and a small amount and only when I wiped. It stopped after a few days and I went at least a week and a half with no spotting or problems. Got good results with my HCG levels, have had some mild pregnancy symptoms, was counting down the days til my ultrasound (this coming weds) and everything seemed good.

This afternoon a little after 3, I went to the bathroom, and when I wiped I was shocked and scared to see a decent amount of dark pink/reddish on the paper.

I freaked out and called my dr office. They said there is nothing they can do this early (I'll be 6 weeks on Sunday), that if I develop heavy bleeding or pain I would have to call or go to ER over weekend, but that it could also be nothing and can be common/normal. She suggested I drink lots of fluids and rest with my feet elevated. I asked if there was anything they could do to check if anything was wrong and she said I could go to the lab to check my betas again. So I did, though who knows when I'll get results or what will happen by then.

A little after 5, I went to the bathroom again. Nothing on the pad. When I wiped, still some spotting, but not as much as before, and this time it was more of a light brownish color.

Went back to lying down and resting. Around 6:30 used bathroom again. Still nothing on pad. Wiped and just a faint pale pinkish/tannish stain on paper.

Hoping this means it's going away and that it's nothing- I've experienced spotting with normal pregnancies before. But at 39 coming off of two previous losses, I am SO scared. I'm paranoid it's going to come back, get worse, turn into another miscarriage. I'm just trying to lay in bed, rest, read, and hope. All I can do is wait this out and see what happens the rest of the night/weekend. This is so difficult.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nance, please rest.... a lot. I tend to get sub`chorionic bleeds in early pregnancy....and need to supplement progesterone. Try not to aggravate the bleed by heavy lifting, lots of walking etc. Maybe it doesn't really make a difference, but I think it did in my case. Praying for you and your wee one. Get yourself a big water bottle, and a nice recliner or hit the couch...left side...rest, rest, rest. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I had a lot of spotting all through my last pregnancy. The product of that pregnancy is singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame at the top of his lungs in the backseat as I type this.

I know it's so scary. Best wishes.

I didn't read all the responses, but I can't imagine the fear you must be feeling right now. I only went through one miscarriage and it was so emotional, making this pregnancy so much scarier. Please take care of yourself, rest, and update us as you can. I'll be praying for you and the little one!!

Nance, please rest.... a lot. I tend to get sub`chorionic bleeds in early pregnancy....and need to supplement progesterone. Try not to aggravate the bleed by heavy lifting, lots of walking etc. Maybe it doesn't really make a difference, but I think it did in my case. Praying for you and your wee one. Get yourself a big water bottle, and a nice recliner or hit the couch...left side...rest, rest, rest. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

:iagree:

with ALL of it. Progesterone especially. Peri-menopusal women (at 39, it is quite plausible) can be low in it, and it was pregnancy-keeping friendly for me. Vitamin E also strengthens the vascular walls and can prevent/heal leakage from weak spots.

Oral Arnica Montana 6x could possibly help stop bleeding from any tissue injury that may have occured...but only if it starts up again...and stop taking if the bleeding stops. I am praying for your pregnancy and your mama-heart...it must be very tender and frightened right now. It is a good sign you haven't experienced any cramping...if that helps some. A little chamomile and honey can ease the stress of wait-and-see.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: