Menu

Things recently done for the first time. . .

I'd be interested in hearing about things that you have done recently, for the first time. For me, that would include:

1. Eating an avocado, and realized how good they are!

2. Getting a professional massage. A couple's massage was DH's idea as a way to celebrate our anniversary. It was great too!

It's nice to know that there are still so many new experiences waiting for me.

I am an experienced knitter but I have recently begun to crochet. I have made four granny squares!! I am very excited!

It took me three months to crochet a scarf, but I did it! Sounds like you are doing great! I prefer the crocheting to the knitting, so far.

I have recently taken a vow of silence. :glare: (I'm sick and totally lost my voice. I have resorted to using a online text to speech program)

I must admit I can't think of anything note worthy that I have done recently. I have recently put clean underwear in my husbands underwear draw. I have done it before but it's been so long that perhaps it can count. :D

I have recently taken a vow of silence. :glare: (I'm sick and totally lost my voice. I have resorted to using a online text to speech program)

I must admit I can't think of anything note worthy that I have done recently. I have recently put clean underwear in my husbands underwear draw. I have done it before but it's been so long that perhaps it can count. :D

Now that's funny. The underwear thing-not the voice thing,sorry about your voice.

Most of my new things are getting a little older now but.....

I started making our own cheeses this year.

I figured out my own fly spray for my animals.

I trained my first miniature horse.

I took on 3 more kids this summer and it will continue indefinitely.

There's a lot of other things, but they aren't coming to mind right now.

Made lemon ice cream.

I'm gonna need a recipe!

I can't think of anything new I've tried recently. But I've been nearly bedridden with pregnancy sickness for the last several weeks and I'm just coming out of that fog. Food is starting to sound good again. Does that count? :lol:

Now that's funny. The underwear thing-not the voice thing,sorry about your voice.

Thanks Debbi.

One thing is not being able to talk to people in real life means my post count is going really high today.

I started piano lessons. I have never played any kind of instrument and I love the sound of piano (my kids play), so decided to finally go for it!

I also started piano lessons as an adult. Before kids I use to work and take public transit. On the way from train to bus I would walk past a piano lesson studio. So I signed up. :) It was nice when it lasted.

I ran barefoot back and forth on my lawn for about 5 minutes. I just read Born to Run, so I had to go try it. It felt great! I've actually tried on Vibram Five Fingers, but I just don't think I could stand that feeling between my toes for more than about two minutes. I am going to try some more minimalist shoes, though when my current pair is done.

I ate at a sandwich shop that is connected to a new quick serve dr's office. I went because a friend wanted to go and I felt :001_huh: the whole time. What dr's office serves gelato and sandwiches? I'm waiting to see if I picked up something nasty :tongue_smilie: I don't think I'll go back (it was $11 for a sandwich and an unsweet tea.... and if I contracted something gross that's another $25 right off the top....)

I swam a few laps in the lap pool at the Y!!

Jean--I totally want to try AquaZumba!! One of the instructors is a male and he makes it look so much more fun than the skinny female instructor. As it is, I may try the AquaFitness in the lazy river soon, those women look pretty tired when they're coming out of the pool :)

I'd be interested in hearing about things that you have done recently, for the first time. For me, that would include:

1. Eating an avocado, and realized how good they are!

2. Getting a professional massage. A couple's massage was DH's idea as a way to celebrate our anniversary. It was great too!

It's nice to know that there are still so many new experiences waiting for me.

I have been trying to give myself new experiences lately....

So far...

I met my biological siblings and birth mother for the first time

I have tried Yoga

I have tried and love a body sculpt class at the gym

I have tried spin and think that may become addictive

I had a pedicure

I had my hair dyed and foiled BLONDE

I had a facial

I redecorated a room with everything including spackling and painting myself

I am looking for some new, new experiences to add to my bucket list....I am really trying to boost my own self worth and self esteem, so I can encourage that in my own kids.

Faithe

Cool! Love so many of the responses!

I went to Chicago... swapped the Sears Tower for the 96th floor of the John Hancock building. Great city. Clean. Fun things to do!

I went to Yosemite. Took my breath away!

Planted a corn patch - about 6 ft. by 6 ft., about 50 stalks. They are almost ready to harvest!

I played Whirlyball and Laser Tag with my kids.

Talk about a workout! In laser tag, I found myself ducking behind walls to hide, not so I wouldn't get tagged but so I could catch my breath! And my obliques were sore for a couple of days after whirlyball. Fun stuff!

Last week I drank chia fresca for the first time--except we used lime and no sweetener. It wasn't too bad. But then I just got a small taste. Dh had the big cup where the chia seeds were starting to get glutinous. He wasn't thrilled. I'm thinking of adding chia to a fruit smoothie. That might work better for keeping the chia from all sinking to the bottom of the drink.

Cooked quinoa for the first time. In my pressure cooker. On the 4th of July!

How did you do it in the pressure coker? (8 or 15 psi?)

I bought a pressure cooker and started cooking all sorts of dishes in it. I am in love :)

I cooked (not in the pressure cooker) and ate bulgur wheat and quinoa for the first time. Tha family and I loved both!

I used WinZip to download a digiscrap layout and got it mostly right the very first time. And I didn't cry. This is a giant achievement.

I did a non-family member's laundry for the first time. I guarantee I didn't fold the towels right. :tongue_smilie:

I did what I wanted on the 4th. I stayed inside and watched through the window. It's the first year that I didn't give in to the pleadings of dh and my boys. I hate the loud, smelly, messy, hot affair. I stayed in and had a nice chat with my dad. Worth every second. :001_smile:

I made nut milk, hmm, not very exciting. But we've not drank regular milk in years but I've never made nutmilk, usually we just don't have any kind of milk at all or if I buy it is a rare treat. It is so cool it looks like real milk. Tomorrow I'm making chocolate syrup so they can have chocolate milk :)