Menu

Adrian is in the hospital and i am visiting a nursing home to tomorrow

I just can't leave him alone anymore. It's not safe and it's not good for him.

He will be "medicaid pending". They will take all of his social security disability until (or if) he gets nursing home medicaid. I can't make it without his ssd - especially since I am not getting child support. But he needs to live and be somewhere safe.

I am only 46, and have only been married to him 5 years. He loved being with usm building our life.

I will process this and get over myself but right now, I am upset that my life doesn't seem to attract fair or balance out.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be "medicaid pending". They will take all of his social security disability until (or if) he gets nursing home medicaid. I can't make it without his ssd - especially since I am not getting child support. But he needs to live and be somewhere safe.

I am only 46, and have only been married to him 5 years. He loved being with usm building our life.

I will process this and get over myself but right now, I am upset that my life doesn't seem to attract fair or balance out.

So sorry Joanne. So so sorry.

:grouphug:

I'm sorry. That's truly awful.

:grouphug: you are a good woman to be doing the Right thing, even when its hard, and will make it a ton harder for you financially. at the same time, i can imagine it will be a relief to not be afraid to leave him each time you need to go to work, because you know he will be safer.

you just keep on keeping on (because really, what other choice is there?). nobody promised fair, but even just a little bit fairer would be a truly lovely thing!!

i am so very thankful you had five good years to share life together.... i wish you could have had ever so many more...

:grouphug:

ann

I'm so very sorry.

I had to look for my parents a place in the fall.

I got in touch with this place it was really helpful. It is no cost to you to use them. My brother lived in the town we were looking at but he only knew of a few of the places, this place was able to help me really look for exactly what was needed.

they will do medicaid stuff too I believe.

Was he a veteran?

http://www.aplaceformom.com/

:grouphug: I am so sorry.

Your strength and your humor will get you through this. Please keep you humor and your hope. I had something horrible happen, thought life for me was over. It was something I had to walk through to get to where I am now. After a whole lot of unfair, smooth sailing arrived. I would go through it all again to get to where I am now. :grouphug: