Menu

Day from Heck

:grouphug::grouphug: You certainly win the crappy day award. I hope ds gets better soon, and you can get some rest.

:iagree: This is even worse than the crappy day I had the other day which involved the washing machine and . . . crap. Yep, really. :glare: I was most displeased.

:grouphug:

Chris :grouphug: Chris :grouphug: Chris :grouphug:

Whoever said being a mother wasn't real work should walk in your shoes for a few days. :grouphug: :grouphug:

They don't warn you about the need for iron will, steeled spine, and the many hard ways to define love when you're pregnant do they.

Chris :grouphug: Chris :grouphug: Chris :grouphug:

Whoever said being a mother wasn't real work should walk in your shoes for a few days. :grouphug: :grouphug:

They don't warn you about the need for iron will, steeled spine, and the many hard ways to define love when you're pregnant do they.

:iagree:

As usual, thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to take down my first post.

Going to see ds for a little while this am, then walking doggies (I don't have my last two--small mercies!) and then go back and be with him. He has a stress test that he skipped a few weeks ago.

There's actually a lot of mercy and grace going on.

One, I found him after he called.

Actually, #1, he called at all!

Two,

He didn't hurt himself while on that very powerful substance.

Three,

I wasn't hurt when the $ was taken--didn't even notice.

Four,

The two tests (chest xray and stress test) that our cardiologist wanted to do two weeks ago but ds blew off, are now being done. The second echo, done yesterday, was a mercy, too--even tho they didn't find anything, the sonogram tech also did one of ds' left breast area; he's thought for years that he had a cyst or growth there, and has been afraid it's wrapping around his heart or something. She proved it's just normal breast tissue. It wasn't even ordered, she just did it to ease his mind.

Five,

We are all ok. And I got to sleep well last night, knowing, for one night, ds was absolutely safe, had eaten, and was taken care of.

Counting blessings is hard work, but they are there!

Thanks for your prayers--I swear they are getting us thru.:D

As usual, thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to take down my first post.

Going to see ds for a little while this am, then walking doggies (I don't have my last two--small mercies!) and then go back and be with him. He has a stress test that he skipped a few weeks ago.

There's actually a lot of mercy and grace going on.

One, I found him after he called.

Actually, #1, he called at all!

Two,

He didn't hurt himself while on that very powerful substance.

Three,

I wasn't hurt when the $ was taken--didn't even notice.

Four,

The two tests (chest xray and stress test) that our cardiologist wanted to do two weeks ago but ds blew off, are now being done. The second echo, done yesterday, was a mercy, too--even tho they didn't find anything, the sonogram tech also did one of ds' left breast area; he's thought for years that he had a cyst or growth there, and has been afraid it's wrapping around his heart or something. She proved it's just normal breast tissue. It wasn't even ordered, she just did it to ease his mind.

Five,

We are all ok. And I got to sleep well last night, knowing, for one night, ds was absolutely safe, had eaten, and was taken care of.

Counting blessings is hard work, but they are there!

Thanks for your prayers--I swear they are getting us thru.:D

The bolded part made me cry. You are always under the constant undertone and strain of wondering about him, no matter what your day goes like otherwise. I have been lax in praying for you and need to get back to it. You are an amazingly positive person, Chris, considering all you have to deal with.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

The bolded part made me cry. You are always under the constant undertone and strain of wondering about him, no matter what your day goes like otherwise. I have been lax in praying for you and need to get back to it. You are an amazingly positive person, Chris, considering all you have to deal with.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

It made me cry too. I so admire Chris and her dh for the boundaries they have in place in dealing with this adult child of theirs. It is the model I aspisre to if I ever find myself in such a situation. I have relatives who have allowed themselves to be destroyed financially and whose own spirituality has been harmed by continuing to enable their adult children who make bad decisions.

However, even with good boundaries you always love your kid and that constant worry is always there.

So....:grouphug:

Aw, thanks guys. My boundaries are a constant challenge, as I want him happy and often succumb to his manipulations. I actually drove him to the picnic where he used, knowing full well it was sponsored by ravers, so hey, not always good at this here!

He's out today and has a stress test tomorrow. Was supposed to be today, but the tech called in sick and it was delayed.

He actually almost checked out AMA today--but God's timing was perfect. I was running late after work; came to the hosp to see him and thought his stress test was already over. Heard about the delay--he was in the bathroom, ready to literally walk out the door, and he DID walk out. But I told him the insurance would not pay for his stay or any of the tests if he walked out, so he came back in. He apologized, too--oh my. Such drama. I really feel God gave me the words about the insurance, as I had no idea how to hold him there or even if that was true (turns out it was). The nurse was amazing--HE was great, and even advocated for ds with the tech people, and got ds also out early instead of having to be there another night.

Hopefully ds will stay sober tonight and have the test tomorrow.

I KNOW your prayers have been helping--I just know it. Can't thank you enough, really.