Menu

If you had a boy named Matthew, what would you name his baby brother?

Hmmmm....thinking, thinking...

How about:

Ian

Caleb

Connor

Tyler

William (Will, not Bill for short)

?????????

I have to say that I just love little boys! I had three of my own, but they are all grown men now. Enjoy those little guys while they are tots. So often I wish I could go back and visit them as they were back then because they were so darling and sweet. (Gosh, I hope God lets us do that in Heaven someday!)

Blessings,

Lucinda

Andrew. (Sort of rhymes.)

We know several families whose two boys are Matthew and Andrew. Although it always confuses me because sometimes the older one is Andrew and sometimes the younger one. For families I don't see often it always makes me second guess who is who. :tongue_smilie:

Of my own brothers, Matthew is the younger one; James is the older brother.

At my house, Benjamin is the much-loved second brother. I think Matthew and Benjamin go really well together. (Had I not had a brother named Matthew, I would have loved it for our third son.)

I'm chuckling reading the last several posts; my oldest son is Andrew, and I see that a lot of people suggested that with Matthew. My only hesitation with that one is that if there was a third boy someday, you might feel like he'd be left out if he didn't have a disciple name.

Edited by happypamama

There are a TON of possibilities. I would just stick with something masculine and classic (which you obviously already like!) I really like Thomas, Benjamin, Joshua or Caleb. I would definitely stay away from ones like Jayden, Aiden, Liam ex.. Just because they don't flow. Naming my second son, third child was so hard because I'm funny about names "fitting" but not being "matchy" kwim? Happy naming and congratulations!!!

I had Matthew in a critical time of my life: Since Matthew means "Gift From God" I chose it for him.

We have: :001_smile:

Matthew Aaron

Josiah Glenn

Stephen Thomas

Micah Joel

girls are:

Rebecca

Bethany

Joy

Baby on the way!

We always pray about it and then the one name that sticks we pick.

We have used middle names for some name sake family members.

Don't worry! It will come to you, if you ask God!