Menu

Biblical Boy Names

We haven't even started trying to choose a boy name this time. Usually, I have one in mind to lobby for, or my husband does. But this time, we're starting almost from scratch.

Our four boys' names are Elijah, Samuel, Ezra, and Titus. They all have non-biblical family middle names. So, obviously we will be picking another bible name this time. My husband would prefer another New Testament this time, so out Titus doesn't have the lone NT name, but that is not an absolute. There aren't many NT names I really care for. The only other restriction is that our last name starts with a 'B' so names that end in 'b' like Jacob don't work well.

What name do you think would work well with our other sons' names?

ETA: Biblical names are also pretty common in our family, so some names that are off limits due to already being used by our siblings for their children or are names of our brothers or brothers in law are: Joseph, Caleb, Benjamin, Joshua, Zechariah, Andrew, and Joel.

Edited by scrappyhappymama
adding another limiting factor

Just rattling off some Biblical names, not necessarily NT...

Benjamin

Joel

Joshua

Josiah

Matthew

Luke

Peter

Ezra - reread your post, ok, you got that one covered already

Levi

Gabriel

Nathaniel

Mark

Samuel - this one too :)

Isaiah

Isaac

Gideon

Paul

Thomas

Solomon

Timothy

James

Kid interruptions, that's all I could spit out quickly.

(love your names thus far, by the way :) )

Andrew is my favorite NT boy name, but while I have one of those, you have some less common names in your family, so Andrew might not fit for you. Luke? Paul? (Two of my boys have those middle names.)

Simon

Peter

Philip

Thaddeus

Bartholomew

Simeon

Jude

Nicholas

Alexander

Matthias

Zacharias/Zachary (I have one of those too.)

Rufus!

Not NT, but my husband thought Moses was a cool name for a boy. It was a little more unusual than I wanted, and since my first three kids had Presidential/First Lady names, I didn't want to leave out the fourth.

Not NT, but my husband thought Moses was a cool name for a boy. It was a little more unusual than I wanted, and since my first three kids had Presidential/First Lady names, I didn't want to leave out the fourth.

:001_smile: Moses is actually my DH's name. I LOVE it and would use it for a son, but so far DH has nixed the idea of a namesake.

Biblical names are also pretty common in our family, so some names that are off limits due to already being used by our siblings for their children or are names of our brothers or brothers in law are: Joseph, Caleb, Benjamin, Joshua, Zechariah, Andrew, and Joel.

Paul

Matthew

Mark

Luke

John

Timothy

Theo

Stephen

Phillip

James

Simon

Peter

Joseph

Thomas

Bartholomew

Barnabus

some old testament favorites of mine:

Jonathon

David

Jessie

Daniel

Noah

Abraham

Jeremiah (Jeremy)

Benjamin

Nathan

Some names recently used by folks we know IRL:

Levi

Eli

Elijah

Isaac

We haven't even started trying to choose a boy name this time. Usually, I have one in mind to lobby for, or my husband does. But this time, we're starting almost from scratch.

Our four boys' names are Elijah, Samuel, Ezra, and Titus. They all have non-biblical family middle names. So, obviously we will be picking another bible name this time. My husband would prefer another New Testament this time, so out Titus doesn't have the lone NT name, but that is not an absolute. There aren't many NT names I really care for. The only other restriction is that our last name starts with a 'B' so names that end in 'b' like Jacob don't work well.

What name do you think would work well with our other sons' names?

ETA: Biblical names are also pretty common in our family, so some names that are off limits due to already being used by our siblings for their children or are names of our brothers or brothers in law are: Joseph, Caleb, Benjamin, Joshua, Zechariah, Andrew, and Joel.

Micah, Jonah, Simon, Daniel, David.