Menu

If you pray, or want to give me a virtual hug, I could sure use it!

I can't share details, as it is very private, but our family is entering a new crisis, to add to several other ongoing ones. And I was already feeling burned out before this one surfaced. So I need peace, faith, strength, and guidance. And some sense of hope would be nice, as I'm pretty short on that right now.

We all need prayer: me, dh, and ds.

Thanks,

Wendi

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,

Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;

Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,

In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;

Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.

In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed

The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

From Christina Rossetti's hymn In the Bleak Mid-Winter. It's been on my mind a lot lately. Praying he will warm the stable of your heart amid all the bleakness. :grouphug:

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,

Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;

Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,

In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;

Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.

In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed

The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.

From Christina Rossetti's hymn In the Bleak Mid-Winter. It's been on my mind a lot lately. Praying he will warm the stable of your heart amid all the bleakness. :grouphug:

Thank you for sharing that. I needed it tonight.

Wendi, :grouphug:.

:grouphug: I will say, I've been there, so I understand. there is a light at the end of the tunnel - even if you can't see it yet.

we had many times we thought "great, things are *finally* getting better", only for something *else* to go wrong. over and over and over and over. :tongue_smilie: Eventually, things started to get better, without new things going wrong. :) and things keep getting better.

I was able to listen to a speaker who spoke on this subject. of how when things are bleak, and we think they can't get bleaker, but they do. No matter how dark and stormy the night, the sun *always* rises.:grouphug:

:grouphug:

Our family is in crisis mode, too. The gift it has given me is compartmentalization. It's amazing to me that there are times we can put the crisis in a box, and focus on what needs to be done... making dinner, teaching spelling, whatever. I am so grateful for those times when we don't have to think about the crisis, because our attention is needed elsewhere. At times it is all-consuming, of course, but other times... we manage to salvage normalcy.

Wishing you peace, normalcy, and strength...

Edited by Spryte