Menu

Please humour me and take this poll:

Do you and/or your spouse sleep with your watch on?  

1. 1. Do you and/or your spouse sleep with your watch on?

• Yes, I do sleep with my watch on
    • No, I do not sleep with my watch on
    • Yes, my spouse sleeps with their watch on
    • No, my spouse does not sleep with their watch on
    • Other (one or both do not use a watch, don't have a wrist, etc.)

I voted other because well, I don't have a watch...I do have a wrist and I do sleep with said wrist attached, but it's naked, like it is all day everyday. I don't like long sleeves either because I don't like my wrist bound by anything.

Ok, I'm weird, but I figured you needed more choices, lol.

My dh wears his watch all day, but takes it off at night to sleep. He only sleeps with it on when he falls asleep at the computer.

When I wore a watch, I was constantly taking it off and threading it through my belt loop because it kept starting to bother me. I stopped wearing a watch when I started carrying a cell phone. I never slept with my watch on.

I voted other. Sometimes I sleep with my watch on, sometimes I don't. It depends on which watch I am wearing. Some are more comfortable to sleep in than others. My dh never wears a watch so he also doesn't sleep in one either.

Edited by Dobela

Other....I only wear a watch if I am in a situation that I won't have my cell phone. Same for dh. We don't go far from our cell phones though.....and both sleep with them as our alarm clocks....so while my cell phone isn't attached to my wrist, it does function as my 'watch' and isn't far at any time.

Thank you everyone who voted! I can tell you now that I am a watch wearer at night! hee hee

I just shared the results with my dh, that women sleep with their watches more then men do, by more than 2X's. Yes, us bedtime watch-wearers are a minority, but that's okay! I know mine is so comfy I don't even know it's on, so it's just easier to keep on instead of forgetting it somewhere or have it fall off my nightstand only to be lost in the pile of books I keep on the floor. So I figure, if it's comfy and you don't even feel it on, then why not? Of course, if it's not a comfy watch, then ya, I'd likely take it off.

Anyhow... when I shared these results (all of them) his response was a loud guffaw. That's right! He guffawed! :glare: You wanna know why? Do ya? Do ya? Do ya?

Well here goes!

He said he undertands women sleeping in their underwire BRAS more than women sleeping with their watches on! :001_huh: :lol:

Okaaaay.... I can't even feel my watch on... but this sling? The bane of my inequity? Oh, it's torturous by bedtime and is the first thing to kiss the floor! How can one equate the two? Pffft... :glare: I love the guy, but he's obviously never worn an underwire bra! All the more reason to love him, I know :lol:

Edited by specialmama

I had to answer other. Neither of us wears a watch now.

However...

When I did used to wear a watch, I did sleep with it on a lot, though not all the time. When DH used to wear a watch... well, depending on the watch... he had one watch (the more comfortable one?) that he slept with on, but if he was wearing the other watch, it came off.

The only time I take it off is when I get in the shower. If my battery is dead I will make a special trip to get it replaced ASAP. I am a clock-watcher. To the point that if I wake up in the middle of the night the first thing I do is check my watch. I have been like this pretty much as long as I can remember. I think one of the first things I learned to do as a child was read a clock. :D

Thank you everyone who voted! I can tell you now that I am a watch wearer at night! hee hee

I just shared the results with my dh, that women sleep with their watches more then men do, by more than 2X's. Yes, us bedtime watch-wearers are a minority, but that's okay! I know mine is so comfy I don't even know it's on, so it's just easier to keep on instead of forgetting it somewhere or have it fall off my nightstand only to be lost in the pile of books I keep on the floor. So I figure, if it's comfy and you don't even feel it on, then why not? Of course, if it's not a comfy watch, then ya, I'd likely take it off.

Anyhow... when I shared these results (all of them) his response was a loud guffaw. That's right! He guffawed! :glare: You wanna know why? Do ya? Do ya? Do ya?

Well here goes!

He said he undertands women sleeping in their underwire BRAS more than women sleeping with their watches on! :001_huh: :lol:

Okaaaay.... I can't even feel my watch on... but this sling? The bane of my inequity? Oh, it's torturous by bedtime and is the first thing to kiss the floor! How can one equate the two? Pffft... :glare: I love the guy, but he's obviously never worn an underwire bra! All the more reason to love him, I know :lol:

LOL

I used to sleep with my watch on when I was breastfeeding/they didn't sleep through the night. When they woke me up, I wanted to know what time it was. Lately I've not been sleeping well, so I've been wearing my watch again so I can see easily what time it is if I wake. In theory, I don't wear my watch in bed though. Husband doesn't wear his watch in bed.

Laura

In fact, I only remove my watch for a bath/shower. I cannot LIVE without my watch on. Okay, well maybe I could LIVE, but I really, really rely on my watch.

And, btw, it's a Citizen watch, and I loved it SO much that when they were on sale at Dillard's, I bought all they had left. I'm on my last one now, and I don't know what I will do when it gives out on me! :confused:

I don't wear a watch, they drive me crazy. DH wears one ALL the time unless I complain about it scratching me or something, then he'll take it off. His reason for wearing it to bed is that he'll forget to put it on in the morning (he shaves with his eyes closed, and isn't really awake until he's behind the wheel).

Originally Posted by Quill

I wear a watch every day, but I take it off at night. However, I did sleep with it on when my kids could be expected to wake at night.

You didn't have a bedside clock??

Yes, we have a clock on our headboard, but if I went to their rooms for a while, I wanted to know how long I was torturing myself...I mean, err, nurturing them. :tongue_smilie:

I wear a watch which I routinely take off at bedtime. The only exception is when I am on vacation and cannot see a clock from the bed. In that case, I leave it on.

I have to admit that your choice for Other "(one or both do not use a watch, don't have a wrist, etc.)" made me chuckle as you tried to cover all bases.

Regards,

Kareni