Menu

You are NOT going to BELIEVE this!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather, congratulations, and forgive me if I am raining on your parade. I don't remember which part of Malayasia you are in. I see that in most places you have to be a resident for one to two years. Can the birth mother change her mind during that time? Also, isn't it illegal for a non-Muslim to adopt a Muslim child in Malaysia? Is the child's religion determined by that of her birthmother?

Congrats Heather. I had tears in my eyes reading your post this morning. I am so happy for you.

Heather, congratulations, and forgive me if I am raining on your parade. I don't remember which part of Malayasia you are in. I see that in most places you have to be a resident for one to two years. Can the birth mother change her mind during that time? Also, isn't it illegal for a non-Muslim to adopt a Muslim child in Malaysia? Is the child's religion determined by that of her birthmother?

I thought the baby's birthmother was Hindu from one of Heather's earlier posts.

ETA - Oops. Posted at the same time as Starr.

Dragons, Check the other threads. I think this little ones birth mother is a Hindu.

Ah! That makes sense. I will look for them, thanks.

I've retained this fascination with international adoption procedures ever since I fell in love with a couple of little kids at an orphanage in Haiti. I am hoping that as the process carries forward, Heather will keep us informed. It can only help other prospective adoptive parents.

And congrats again, Heather.