Menu

You are NOT going to BELIEVE this!

Please allow me to introduce Natalie Sarah Fischer...

NatalieSarah#5426094778748252082

http://picasaweb.google.com/jfischer1013/NatalieSarah#5426094778748252082

Man makes plans and God laughs. Sometimes we wish we could figure out everything God had planned but sometimes I am so glad that we can't because His plans are so much better than we could imagine!

If you've kept up with our adoption story you know that we had a chance at adopting a baby girl right after Christmas which fell through two days later. We were devastated.

But on Monday night the orphanage called. The birthmom has decided to let us adopt the baby after all and we drove 5 hours to Kuala Lumpur yesterday to pick her up!!!!

She is tiny (6lbs) but beautiful and healthy. We decided on Natalie Sarah for her name (I still wanted Noelle but I was outvoted!). Last night was our first night with her and she woke up every 3 hours on the nose, ate, went right back to sleep. I had forgotten how tiny newborns are!

The birthmom is a 15yo girl and we have no details on the father.

It all happened quite quickly. We received a phone call from the orphanage late Monday night and they asked us to pick her up by noon on Tuesday. We called our friends, Peter and Ailee, since we knew Peter was from KL and may be able to help us navigate that crazy town. They brought us a baby car seat and then instead of giving us directions, Peter actually volunteered to drive with us to KL and guide us through the trip! We are so grateful.

Then we called other friends, Larry and Debbie, to see if they could watch our boys for the day. Not only did they agree to it, Larry cooked up this idea to contact the Dalat staff and ask for help for us and our complete lack of baby stuff! When we got in last night we were surprised with a truckload of baby items!

We are absolutely humbled and amazed by the blessings God has poured out on our family. He grants us the blessing of a beautiful baby girl and He sends us to Dalat where a group of people live, work and love together in ways we have never experienced before. We are so grateful at the generosity of our colleagues that it is difficult to find words to express it.

And I thank you for prayers as well. We are overwhelmed by it all. :grouphug:

WOW!!!! Congrats to you all. We cried out to the Lord and He heard our prayers. AWESOME!!!!

:grouphug:

~~~Faithe

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God is so good, isn't He? I remember posting this on the 29th of December:

Originally Posted by sunshine viewpost.gif

heartbreak. I am so sorry. Maybe the mom will change her mind. God can do anything He pleases. But he may be preparing you for other things.

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes! Nothing is impossible. Remember, things are not always as they appear.

Blessings,

Lucinda

She is such a beautiful baby, and I love the look of adoration in the eyes of your sons with her. What a beautiful story, and such an example to us all that God's ways are not our ways, and that He always acts in love to those who seek Him.

:grouphug:

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One