Menu

I Came Here To Praise My Daughter...Seeking Cyberhugs for her

...because I have nobody to clap for her. My extended family didn't even call her today (her 16th birthday) and I know it really hurt her. I guess they were all busy with their lives. :glare: I would like somebody to know, since our family isn't impressed with anything we ever accomplish...She has been in a local play at a dinner theater these past few weeks. The director is a scholar, PhD in Theatrical Arts, who has won many prestigious awards for children's theater and literature adaptation for the stage. (He looks exactly like Mark Twain!) The local kids in this year's play were joined by professional actors from NY, etc. It's a big deal to us country folks ;). I am proud that she and her two younger sisters participated. Saturday evening I was sitting with my dh in the theater, waiting for the play to begin. The director came up to us and asked if she could 'help' him do an early morning TV interview for the play. You bet! How exciting! She did a great job, was very poised and vivacious, and afterwards he asked her a bombshell question. He offered her a spot in the very exclusive touring theater group that gives performances all around the area, the country, and even abroad on occasion. It is for college drama majors and professional actors. She will be in 11th grade this year. This is a big deal! He saw the same talent and energy that we know is there. We are still speechless, and she doesn't yet believe it has even happened! Would you join me in praising her? She is a special, wonderful daughter, and a real joy...off and on the stage. :) Thanks for blessing me by reading this!

Way to go, daughter of Blueridge!!! I loved acting and your experience thrills me. Isn't it such a feeling to be back stage, ready to go on and know inside that you are going to be wonderful?? Congratulations!

That is so cool! She will have such awesome memories of this time in her life. Sounds like she's got a lot of talent and everyone around her seems to realize this. I imagine she'll be doing great things for years to come.

And boo to your extended family for ignoring her special day. Happy Birthday Blueridge's DD.

I did 50 hours of notetaking to get out of 20 hours of deaf theatre class. That kind of stuff reduces me to a whimpering mess in the time it takes to explain the task, so I'm very impressed at people who can do it!

:grouphug: to your daughter.

:)

Rosie

Guest Katia

That is simply amazing! How wonderful to have such recognition for her talents and abilities so early, and to be able to use them and learn more while doing so! Such an honor.

Many, many congratulations! And, happy 16th birthday to your very talented daughter. I'm sure this is 'the birthday' that she will remember all of her life.

:party:

Your daughter sounds breathtaking! Oh that my dd would grow up to be so sweet & talented would make my heart swell with pride. Please pass on my best wishes and Happy Happy Birthday wishes to your beloved! :party:

And I'm sorry about your family. :grouphug: I understand. My mother calls me every couple of years and asks me when my birthday is again. :glare:

HAPPY BDAY!!!

WOW!!! :party:

Please hug your daughter and tell her how impressed I am! I have a friend who did dinner theatre (but not with a respected Director) and then went on to college to major in Drama. He now owns his own production company and does independent movies. Go for it!!

Ladies! Do you know how much your tender hearts have blessed me this morning?? I can hardly wait to show her all these dear notes when she gets up this morning! BTW, she had a very nice birthday, and spent the evening...not on the phone with her friends, but playing with her little sisters. :) Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I need to go read a book and keep up my *intellectual growth*. On second thought, I think I'll stay near the hive for a while longer. :D

What a fabulous experience. Happy Birthday and congrats on this opportunity. :party:

My dd is just starting in the theater realm. She is taking a week long camp to see if this is her thing. I do believe that it is. She is quite comfortable performing. I know she will be excited to hear of your exciting news.

What was the play she did?

She was in Alice In Wonderland, and played several parts (had some lines!). It was great because the director kept true to the literature. We are reading the book in the afternoons and the girls have really bonded with it. Last year she had a part in their Little Women production, and the year before that she was in Tom Sawyer. These are wonderful, and we are thankful for the opportunity!

Happy Birthday to dd! :party::party::party:

Great job to both of you -- you are on a positive path and lack of contact with family doesn't seem to make your path any less positive or rewarding or productive! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Fwiw, I have one sister, she is quite accomplished and 6 years younger than me. She wouldn't spit in my face if my eyebrows were on fire. No reason - never an argument, never anything malicious between us, she just has no use for me or my own family.

Just keep swimming!:auto:

Wow!!! That is awesome!!! Really and truly!! I don't know how your family couldn't rejoice with you!! That's very very cool!! Kudos to your daughter and to you mom for raising such a poised and mature young lady! Way to go!! :hurray: :party: :grouphug:

Oh! and a VERY happy birthday to your lovely young lady! :)

... He offered her a spot in the very exclusive touring theater group that gives performances all around the area, the country, and even abroad on occasion. It is for college drama majors and professional actors. She will be in 11th grade this year. This is a big deal! He saw the same talent and energy that we know is there. We are still speechless, and she doesn't yet believe it has even happened! Would you join me in praising her? She is a special, wonderful daughter, and a real joy...off and on the stage. :) Thanks for blessing me by reading this!

Oh my! That is incredible! Way to go Blueridge daughter!!!

...because I have nobody to clap for her. My extended family didn't even call her today (her 16th birthday) and I know it really hurt her. I guess they were all busy with their lives. :glare: I would like somebody to know, since our family isn't impressed with anything we ever accomplish...She has been in a local play at a dinner theater these past few weeks. The director is a scholar, PhD in Theatrical Arts, who has won many prestigious awards for children's theater and literature adaptation for the stage. (He looks exactly like Mark Twain!) The local kids in this year's play were joined by professional actors from NY, etc. It's a big deal to us country folks ;). I am proud that she and her two younger sisters participated. Saturday evening I was sitting with my dh in the theater, waiting for the play to begin. The director came up to us and asked if she could 'help' him do an early morning TV interview for the play. You bet! How exciting! She did a great job, was very poised and vivacious, and afterwards he asked her a bombshell question. He offered her a spot in the very exclusive touring theater group that gives performances all around the area, the country, and even abroad on occasion. It is for college drama majors and professional actors. She will be in 11th grade this year. This is a big deal! He saw the same talent and energy that we know is there. We are still speechless, and she doesn't yet believe it has even happened! Would you join me in praising her? She is a special, wonderful daughter, and a real joy...off and on the stage. :) Thanks for blessing me by reading this!

WOW.

Congrats to your dd!! And keep us posted on her tours - we LOVE live theatre here.

Happy sweet 16 to your wonderful and talented daughter. Congratulations on raising such a great young woman!:party::party::party:

It sucks when extended family don't acknowledge their accomplishments. Ask me how I know. You are doing a wonderful job. She sounds great.