Menu

Old WTM Board Poster's Who are you?

Please chime in if you were a poster on the old board

I loved the advise from the old board.

When I first started homeschooling, the old board poster's were my "mentors"

I never posted back then but read everything they posted.

I know boards change, people move on, but I was just curious who was still hanging out here (that posted advise) not a lurker like myself

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:seeya:

I've been hanging around this group for the last 5 years or so, hoping they'll rub off on me. ;) I'm not around as regularly anymore, partly because we're not currently homeschooling, (maybe next year) and also because things have gotten extremely busy.

I've never been able to "just lurk." I type about as fast as I can talk, and I''m always amazed when I read a two sentence response that covers everything I tried to say in three paragraphs. Maybe that's why the lurkers get popcorn? The rest of us can't eat and type at the same time. :)

Psst... lurkers... If you pass me some popcorn, I'll probably stop typing/talking!

:lurk5:

I've been on the WTM board since 2006 (same user name), homeschooling since 2004. I was already following a WTM philosophy (I had the book) but didn't know anything about this website. I never went on the computer until we got high speed internet.

I was just thinking about Church Pat of the Manor for some reason. Is she here under a different name?

Carolyn

Edited by samba

I was on the old boards 1999/2000 ish.

I *know* was on at least during 1999, because I remember the Y2K concerns, lol.

I don't post nearly as much as I did on the 'old' format, but I still read and post here, occasionally. It's too much fun and I feel too much of a connection to give it up, completely!

I found TWTM after we had been homeschooling for 13 years (and basically doing it TWTM way all along :).

Graduated all four kiddos--the youngest is now 21 yo!

After that, I got my MA, substituted at the public high school, now teaching middle school history and English TWTM-way at a private Christian school and doing all I can to transition the school to classical. ...And I thought hsing was hard! Ha! :)

I pop in every now and then......still with questions about middle school and SOTW stuff.

I think I'll do this as long as the Lord keeps me breathing and walking. I just love this stuff!

I miss seeing the old crew all together. We had some of the best discussions.

I began visiting the old boards in 1999--I've graduated one dd and only have about 4 more years with dd's at home. Last summer we moved from our isolated existence in rural OH to a suburb of a major city. My two remaining dd's are now in school, and they love it! I can't seem to leave this board behind, though.

Beth

I was on the old boards since 1999/2000.

We move frequently, so I was Mary in ________ (ND, TX, SC, Germany, NJ, etc.) Sometimes I would just post as "Mary." I stopped doing that when someone else posted some snarky comments and used my name.

I like this system better. No one can post using someone else's name.

And for the record, I am no longer in NJ; I moved in June. I have thought about asking the moderators to change my name, but decided to just keep the name I have.

Ria, so you went back to work? What are you doing?

I'm a pharmacy technician at Wegmans. I love it. I work part-time, between 20-30 hours per week. My twins are sophomores in college. The younger four are all doing very well in ps; we are lucky that we have an excellent school district.

Ria