Menu

Offer going in.....

DawnM

22 hours ago, DawnM said:

So the owner told our realtor that they have another showing today and they seem very interested.

My realtor says she thinks he is playing games since he knows an offer is possibly coming.   

I really don't know what to think about that.   Why would he even say that, even if it is true, who cares?   He must have said it for a reason.

Did you have a time deadline written into your offer?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Gotcha. Are they really old?  I can understand not knowing how to sell a house on your own, but the 3 pictures that weren't really good I can't understand at all.  Especially given it being listed for a long time.  

No.   He is maybe mid 50s.   She is younger, maybe mid 40s.   He is an inventor.   I have no idea what he invents, but he seems to be a very independent/don't trust anyone else sort.   And it wasn't just the life-size cut out of our former president that made me think that.  LOL.....the realtor asked me if would like that cutout to convey with the house.....🤔   

• Haha 11

Just checking in - VBS this week kicked my rear end - and saw this post. I hope you get it!!! It sounds awesome, and you could create a space for your son either by finishing the basement or the attic it sounds like, so lots of options! 

Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DawnM said:

Hey y'all.....no word yet.   They have until tomorrow at 5pm to respond.

So y’all gave 48 hours? Or did the seller set the timeline?

We learned the hard way over a number of home purchases to keep that window pretty short, written into the offer. Like 24 hours, in a hot market, unless the listing agreement says something like “offers accepted until 5pm on X day.”

And yes, even then 9 times out of ten the sellers agent “shared” with our agent that “another offer was coming in.” 🙄 Don’t let that make you nervous. 

Edited by Grace Hopper
  • Like 2

Just now, DawnM said:

Sorry guys, I have been busy packing. I do have news, we found out about an hour ago that we did get the house. They did counter, but the counter was very good in our favor for only a little bit more than what we offered. So we are definitely moving.

I am so happy for you!!!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawnM said:

Sorry guys, I have been busy packing. I do have news, we found out about an hour ago that we did get the house. They did counter, but the counter was very good in our favor for only a little bit more than what we offered. So we are definitely moving.

Hooray! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DawnM said:

WHOOOO!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS.  Happy Anniversary to you!!

I am so happy you found a house that sounds perfect for your family.  Now I am sending some good luck that your house sells fast.

Edited by mommyoffive
  • Like 1

Sorry guys, we have been quite busy today doing all the things.

Tomorrow I have 3 ladies coming for 3 hours too help pack, so it will be a busy day and I hope we can pack up the play/bonus room, my closet, the kitchen, and some odds and ends in various rooms.   That will be a huge help.

Wed. the carpet guys are coming to give a quote, not sure when they can install but hopefully quickly.   The painters are coming Thur to paint a few items in the house and our columns outside where the woodpeckers have had a lovely time.

DH has this whole week off, so we hope to get everything into storage that needs to go by a week from now.   Then I will have those same ladies come back and do a thorough cleaning top to bottom.   Then we can get it on the market!   Hopefully by the end of next week.

Our current neighborhood's sold listings show that houses sell between 1-3 days on the market, so here's hoping we can sell quickly and for a very good price.

• Like 21

5 hours ago, DawnM said:

YAY!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2023 at 10:04 PM, BeachGal said:

Great news! On to phase 2… selling your house. Sounds like you have it all figured out. I think you will sell fast.

The hard part is all the work to get it ready.   I think it will sell fast.   Our neighborhood has gotten even more "desirable" since we moved in.   Houses are selling within days.   

• Like 4