Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

D80B1DFE-306F-4516-8863-D72EC5C08967.jpeg

I'll sing along to this.

and agree with one commenter that puppet Einstein was clearly lip-syncing . . . 

eta: interesting piece of trivia.  Brian May has a PhD in astrophysics - someone sent this to him.  He liked it.

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Terabith said:

783EAD6C-B4E4-4D4C-BB2A-98D12BFE8F79.jpeg

This is like the time when I was six and gave myself an existential crisis by reading Horton Hears a Who to my sister right after my mom made a model of the solar system with dishes to explain the revolution of the earth and why NASA’s rocket launch went sideways 🚀 instead of up.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

My dh has been known to "choke" during the drive thru. One time he accidentally ordered more milkshakes than planned - and in the largest sizes. The kids were thrilled! 

Screenshot_20210906-232015_MeWe.jpg

This reminds me of the time we flew back from Europe to the States, landing late at night, and my husband was starving.  The only thing open was a Drive-Thru Jack-in-the-Box (a place we never went to regularly).  Unfamiliar with the menu, my husband quickly scanned the list, and then proceeded to order the highlighted Supreme Burrito but asked if it could *not* have the beans, steak instead of chicken, extra cheese, no salsa but fresh tomatoes, etc., etc.,  After patiently listening, the drive-thru person gently replied:  "I think, sir, that you'd like the Steak Burrito".  (Which was actually $1.50 cheaper! What a nice guy!) 🙂

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, VickiMNE said:

OMG!  Yes!  I just did this for the first time last night.  Felt so 21st-Century about it, too! 😎

If you have an iphone you can click the right side button 3 times and it brings up a magnifier. turns your phone into a magnifying glass. 

Not that I need that, mind you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

If you have an iphone you can click the right side button 3 times and it brings up a magnifier. turns your phone into a magnifying glass. 

I don't think so. I've tried that on my phone.

I did, after some thought about it, go to settings and turn the magnifier option to ON - but that just gives me the icon. If this is a possibility, it's not a default one for all iphones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

if you have an android phone - there are magnifying apps (you can even take pictures with them.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

I did, after some thought about it, go to settings and turn the magnifier option to ON - but that just gives me the icon. If this is a possibility, it's not a default one for all iphones.

On iPhone 8 or earlier, triple-click the home button instead of the right side button. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209517

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tanaqui said:

13 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

On iPhone 8 or earlier, triple-click the home button instead of the right side button. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209517

Yes, DH was helping me with this after I was way too excited to read about this here. LOL He found this from Apple Support. I have an iPhone X, and so when I enabled magnification, the three clicks of the right side button does the trick, but for 8 and earlier, it's the home button. Very cool feature for this old lady's eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 10:55 PM, Wheres Toto said:

Whenever someone brings up "we have to wear shoes and a shirt to go in a store", I remember (yes, I'm that old) when they first started the No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service stuff.  People were very very upset by it, particularly down at the Jersey shore.   

On 9/8/2021 at 9:07 AM, ktgrok said:

I'll have to check that out for fun, lol. I grew up mostly barefoot, other than school and stores. And often forgot to bring shoes and ended up in many a store barefoot. I remember there was a rumor about shoes being required for driving, but I never believed it. 

I remember coming back from the beach with friends and all of us going into a convenience store barefoot to get snacks and drinks. The thought of going into one of those stores barefoot now makes me shudder but back then I never thought twice about it. We were Florida girls and we were barefoot. 

I also remember the rumor about it being illegal to drive barefoot but never found any evidence it was true. My mom used to tell me it was illegal to drive in flip flops but I knew that was just a thing she said because she hated flip flops and thought they were dangerous to wear.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

Yes, DH was helping me with this after I was way too excited to read about this here. LOL He found this from Apple Support. I have an iPhone X, and so when I enabled magnification, the three clicks of the right side button does the trick, but for 8 and earlier, it's the home button. Very cool feature for this old lady's eyes.

Helped me avoid reading glasse for a year or two!

31 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

I remember coming back from the beach with friends and all of us going into a convenience store barefoot to get snacks and drinks. The thought of going into one of those stores barefoot now makes me shudder but back then I never thought twice about it. We were Florida girls and we were barefoot. 

I also remember the rumor about it being illegal to drive barefoot but never found any evidence it was true. My mom used to tell me it was illegal to drive in flip flops but I knew that was just a thing she said because she hated flip flops and though they were dangerous to wear.

Yes! You don't see it now, but back then that was totally normal! Thank you for sharing this memory with me - neat that someone else had that same experience 🙂

• Like 3