Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

On 8/31/2021 at 3:52 PM, frogger said:

To restart my step-dad's Dodge Ram, I had to get out, open the hood and prop open the butterfly valve on the carburetor. Sometimes this was not in the safe area of town but very seldom at an intersection because it did better once it was warmed up.

I find myself somewhere in between my parents and today's helicopter parents on the whole safety expectations spectrum. 

I had a pipe in my Chevy Chevette that I used to hit the starter on occasion. No idea why it worked - I just did what my dad told me to do and the car would start. This was my freshman year at college in the mountains. I’m not sure why that seemed like a good idea to him at the time.
By the end of my freshman year that car was dead and I was on to a Buick Skylark that lasted me into the beginning of my work life after college. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Katy said:

1D5FBC50-DA33-4168-AD88-90015734AC2D.jpeg

We had Six Flags passes with a meal plan this last year and it was such a treat. There was an older couple, though, who was probably doing this. They were at the waterpark every single time we went and were very noticable in their matching bikini/speedo set!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EmilyGF said:

We had Six Flags passes with a meal plan this last year and it was such a treat. There was an older couple, though, who was probably doing this. They were at the waterpark every single time we went and were very noticable in their matching bikini/speedo set!

Six Flags must offer healthier food than I give them credit for if that couple survived all summer. All I remember from my childhood is the coveted chance to have soda and hamburgers. 4th grader nirvana. As the old lady that I have become, the thought of a regular diet of that makes me queasy.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Six Flags must offer healthier food than I give them credit for if that couple survived all summer. All I remember from my childhood is the coveted chance to have soda and hamburgers. 4th grader nirvana. As the old lady that I have become, the thought of a regular diet of that makes me queasy.

Right? I’m trying to remember what foods they offer. I’m thinking possibly something like Busch Gardens might have better options for a summer meal plan. Maybe!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Katy said:

I googled it.  Some of their restaurants serve only fair food, but others have salads, fruits & vegetables, wraps, and black bean burgers.

Thanks. Even if those options were available in the 80s, 4th grade me would have closed right over that part of the menu. In my current, older mother, season of life I'm going to add the whole franchise on to my, "here's something we could possibly do next summer" list. Plus, I feel better about people on the 6Flags mask plan.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:58 PM, Tanaqui said:

Just a note on the microchips meme - which is hilarious, not gonna lie - microchips just don't work that way. If they did, they'd be much more useful.

All my pets have microchips. They're not GPS trackers. They don't even record our address - all they do is store a number, and that number is stored in several public databases. If a scanner reads the number, then you can look it up in a database. That's about it.

My mother also has a microchip by her heart to record her cardiac patterns. It doesn't transmit the data itself - she has to sleep near a scanner for it to work, and the scanner transmits the data.

Microchips are about the size of a grain of rice, and they just don't do that much. If they could be made smaller and more useful, forget conspiracies, I'm sure somebody would have monetized that by now.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2021-09-23/miniature-microchip-glider-disease-pollution-monitoring/100477672

Although we figured this would help the conspiracy theories along some…

3 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Not exactly a meme but oh my goodness!

The rest was on ABC news tonight.  He pushed the garbage cart down the hill to the lake near his house, tipped it over and ran away.  

Edited by Katy
Typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3