Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

47 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

This hit home. Dh is retiring at the end of this year and I'm terrified! 😂

My mom came home one day after my dad had retired, and he had taken down the wall between the kitchen and living room. They’d been talking about it for a while…but there was no warning that it was imminent. (It did work out okay, which only encouraged him…)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, alisoncooks said:

My mom came home one day after my dad had retired, and he had taken down the wall between the kitchen and living room. They’d been talking about it for a while…but there was no warning that it was imminent. (It did work out okay, which only encouraged him…)

My friend's mother did that, only it was the wall between the family room and the kitchen.  My friend was sitting in the family room, just watching TV - when a sledgehammer came through it . . .

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a note on the microchips meme - which is hilarious, not gonna lie - microchips just don't work that way. If they did, they'd be much more useful.

All my pets have microchips. They're not GPS trackers. They don't even record our address - all they do is store a number, and that number is stored in several public databases. If a scanner reads the number, then you can look it up in a database. That's about it.

My mother also has a microchip by her heart to record her cardiac patterns. It doesn't transmit the data itself - she has to sleep near a scanner for it to work, and the scanner transmits the data.

Microchips are about the size of a grain of rice, and they just don't do that much. If they could be made smaller and more useful, forget conspiracies, I'm sure somebody would have monetized that by now.

• Like 1