Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

18 hours ago, AbcdeDooDah said:

My recurring dream is about having to use public restrooms but the toilets are always in the middle of the room and have no doors.

I stayed with a British family in France when I was a child. They were renovating an old house. They were planning a palatial bathroom but so far just had a toilet in a large room without a lock on the door. The door that was too far away to brace a foot against. I am haunted still 

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

6 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

I stayed with a British family in France when I was a child. They were renovating an old house. They were planning a palatial bathroom but so far just had a toilet in a large room without a lock on the door. The door that was too far away to brace a foot against. I am haunted still 

Shudder. That's how I felt when I used to use the family bathroom at Target with he door that opens toward the toilet.

2 hours ago, Katy said:

553CB085-2F61-4D16-99DA-9178D88FE52E.jpeg

this is my mil. . . .

in 1983. . . . . . she was quite unabashed as she showed me the microwave she bought me for $500 (nearly 40 years ago). . . I didn't understand.  That was how much she spent before leaving the PX.  (she only went there looking for white bobby pins.  they didn't have any.)

I learned whenever she announced how much something "cost" - it wasn't how much the particular item cost.  It was how much she spent before leaving the store.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Katy said:

553CB085-2F61-4D16-99DA-9178D88FE52E.jpeg

I never understood the Target jokes until we moved last year. We had an okay Target where I lived before. It had a small grocery section and wasn't a full Super Target. I liked it but didn't love it and was able to get in and out pretty much sticking to my list.

Then we moved last year. I didn't have a chance to check it out at first  because I was still mostly staying home and we moved when things were still barely open. Once things started opening again (after vax, before delta) I went to the Super Target by my new house. Oh dear. Now I not only understand the Target memes and jokes but I greatly resemble them. 😂

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

Driving in Florida turns the most angelic of people into monsters. Left lane slow drivers are a fact of life here. 😂

I don't let DH drive in tourist areas when we're visiting home because he's never prepared for that frequency of suddenly slamming on breaks. Have you noticed the worst jerks are always from the same two states?  I won't say which two those are to prevent board chaos.  I thought it was just me but I complained at a family function once and about 5 women jumped in agreeing with me.

• Like 3

Not a meme, but I thought it was hilarious anyway. This is the "map" a Roomba sent showing where it had cleaned that day. The unswept area circled in red is... the family dog, who apparently did not think it was worth the effort to move despite the machine bumping into him over and over.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 12.52.25 PM.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 20