Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

With everything stressful going on I thought we could use a new jokes & memes thread. DH sent me this anti-serenity prayer:

God grand me the anxiety to try to control the things I cannot control, the fear to avoid the things I can, and the neurosis to deny the difference!

• Like 4
  • Haha 20

1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 10.31.52 AM.png

my arrogant engineer (bs) brother started lecturing sissy's son-in-law about math.  Her son-in-law got really excited thinking he had a  new person to talk to about math - so he started talking math at his own level.  I hold it against her she didn't get this on video - cell phones with cameras are ubiquitous, she has no excuse.  Her son-in-law was working on his doctorate in math at the time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I found myself wondering how many people younger than (40?) would know who they are. 

Well, there is the recent movie "I, Tanya".   I haven't seen it (and have zero desire to), but 1ds watched it with his gf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From Sunando Guha (Word Nerds).  A series of very awful dad jokes. Be warned.

1. “Dad, are we pyromaniacs?”
“Yes, we arson!”
2. What do you call a pig with laryngitis? Disgruntled.
3. Writing my name in cursive is my signature move.
4. Why do bees stay in their hives during winter? Swarm.
5. If you’re bad at haggling, you’ll end up paying the price.
6. Just so everyone’s clear, I’m going to put my glasses on.
7. A commander walks into a bar and orders everyone around.
8. I lost my job as a stage designer. I left without making a scene.
9. Never buy flowers from a monk. Only you can prevent florist friars.
10. How much did the pirate pay to get his ears pierced? A buccaneer.
11. I once worked at a cheap pizza shop to get by. I kneaded the dough.
12. My friends and I have named our band ‘Duvet’. It’s a cover band.
13. I lost my girlfriend’s audiobook, and now I’ll never hear the end of it.
14. Why is ‘dark’ spelled with a k and not c? Because you can’t see in the dark.
15. Why is it unwise to share your secrets with a clock? Well, time will tell.
16. When I told my contractor I didn’t want carpeted steps, they gave me a blank stare.
17. Bono and The Edge walk into a Dublin bar and the bartender says, “Oh no, not U2 again.”
18. Prison is just one word to you, but for some people, it’s a whole sentence.
19. Scientists got together to study the effects of alcohol on a person’s walk, and the result was staggering.
20. I’m trying to organize a hide and seek tournament, but good players are really hard to find.
21. I got over my addiction to chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. I won’t lie, it was a rocky road.
22. What do you say to comfort a friend who’s struggling with grammar? There, their, they’re.
23. I went to the toy store and asked the assistant where the Schwarznegger dolls are and he replied, “Aisle B, back.”
24. What did the surgeon say to the patient who insisted on closing up their own incision? Suture self.
25. I’ve started telling everyone about the benefits of eating dried grapes. It’s all about raisin awareness.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, cintinative said:

Not a joke, or a meme.

Found in a Centerville, OH thrift store and posted in a FB group called "Weird (and Wonderful) Secondhand finds that just need to be shared" If you are on FB, join this group. You won't regret it. 

May be an image of text that says 'Cara stay away leaume alohe Hi ä MY Plate alive alive hever Were You keep off YOll wish orels'

My youngest did that with some Panda Express leftovers a couple of years ago. "Caution Do Not Touch".

52075963_10214836746365696_7584586973977772032_n.jpg

• Like 5

we

2 hours ago, historically accurate said:

My youngest did that with some Panda Express leftovers a couple of years ago. "Caution Do Not Touch".

52075963_10214836746365696_7584586973977772032_n.jpg

we do that here.  If you don't put your name one it, someone else would eat it.

• Like 2