Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

8 minutes ago, cintinative said:

Yes, I think so too, but I still get the joke. "The Geo Metro was a marketing and manufacturing variation of the Suzuki Cultus available in North America from 1989 through 2001 as a joint effort of General Motors (GM) and Suzuki. "

Maybe if she had used Dodge Omni?  I learned to drive in one of those.  😃

It’s funny in a way bc the car didn’t even exist.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cintinative said:

May be an image of text that says 'Crystal Lowery Comedian @Crystalllowery Kids today have cool cars, and I object. Your first car needs to be a 1984 Geo Metro with a cracked windshield, an 8-track stuck on smooth jazz, a door that won't open, sparks flying off the tailpipe, and an ignition that only turns if you pray the Rosary 5 times.'

Okay, after reading the comments on this on FB, I feel the need to explain that this is totally a joke. I am not advocating unsafe vehicles for our kids.  

I'm also not advocating unsafe vehicles for our kids, but...

My first car was a Ford Fiesta that I bought for $600.  Shortly thereafter, the doors stopped working - couldn't get in or out of the driver door, and the passenger door would only open from the inside.  So, to get out, I crawled across the stick shift, and to get in, I opened the back hatch and crawled through.  Then someone icepicked all my tires, so I drove around with cans of 'instant tire patch' that I'd use to refill / hopefully repatch my tires till the next stop.  Oh, and the brake fluid leaked, so I had to keep topping it off so I didn't lose my brakes.

My dad managed to sell that car for me for $300.  He later saw it abandoned on the side of the road...

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, cintinative said:

I have seen this a bunch of times and I really want to know if it is photoshopped or real.  

I’m sure it was photoshopped.  It was initially posted on a joke thread on Reddit, where a bunch of people commented that it had to be fake because no concrete crew would leave at that point.

2 hours ago, cintinative said:

I have seen this a bunch of times and I really want to know if it is photoshopped or real.  

no idea.  I went searching for it.   I did find this "tip of the day".   
Duck Prints – Bits and Pieces

And the whole picture - which includes an open area.
image.thumb.png.56cf45b57d9cb252d5a2e9cef46d19e5.png

Edited by gardenmom5

2 hours ago, pinball said:

It’s funny in a way bc the car didn’t even exist.

I wonder if she purposely chose something that didn't exist so she didn't get a bunch of comments like "Hey, I loved my Dodge Charger" etc.

My first car was a 1972 Chevy Nova.   I was born in 1969 so it was pretty old by the time I could drive. 

• Like 2

To restart my step-dad's Dodge Ram, I had to get out, open the hood and prop open the butterfly valve on the carburetor. Sometimes this was not in the safe area of town but very seldom at an intersection because it did better once it was warmed up.

I find myself somewhere in between my parents and today's helicopter parents on the whole safety expectations spectrum. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cintinative said:

Yes, I think so too, but I still get the joke. "The Geo Metro was a marketing and manufacturing variation of the Suzuki Cultus available in North America from 1989 through 2001 as a joint effort of General Motors (GM) and Suzuki. "

Maybe if she had used Dodge Omni?  I learned to drive in one of those.  😃

My parents probably built your Dodge Omni - they both worked at the factory that made those. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

That doesn't require a millenial.  Just someone who is observant.  My mother's initials were E. A. T.   I refused to give my daughter the initials S. A. D.

A friend of my daughter has the initials STD. (My daughter is post-college, and STD may not have been an acronym when her friend was born.)

Regards,

Kareni

2 minutes ago, Kareni said:

A friend of my daughter has the initials STD. (My daughter is post-college, and STD may not have been an acronym when her friend was born.)

Regards,

Kareni

I’m sure anyone young enough to be your daughter’s friend was after the switch to STI, which was more than 30 years ago at this point. The parents probably didn’t think about it.

• Like 1