Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

1 hour ago, Tenaj said:

I tried that . . I'll be Beethoven didn't work 🤣🤣

Ha!!!!  Reminds me of my own issues with some things that others just get easily. For a while there were commercials for Lowe's home improvement stores that showed people adding a letter T to the end of the word. For the life of me, I could not figure out what "Lowe's T" was supposed to be about. Like...for WEEKS I saw this and didn't get it. Finally, DH explained to me, after laughing at me, that they were spelling out "Lowest" as in the lowest prices. He STILL makes fun of me for this!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

Ha!!!!  Reminds me of my own issues with some things that others just get easily. For a while there were commercials for Lowe's home improvement stores that showed people adding a letter T to the end of the word. For the life of me, I could not figure out what "Lowe's T" was supposed to be about. Like...for WEEKS I saw this and didn't get it. Finally, DH explained to me, after laughing at me, that they were spelling out "Lowest" as in the lowest prices. He STILL makes fun of me for this!

Yes! I came home once and was complaining to DH about a construction sign saying that South Tate St was closed and I didn't even know what street they were talking about!! DH asks me, were you driving by the movie theater? Yes, but I had to take some other street to get home. He says, you were on State St. they were not talking about S Tate St. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, SusanC said:

Yes! I came home once and was complaining to DH about a construction sign saying that South Tate St was closed and I didn't even know what street they were talking about!! DH asks me, were you driving by the movie theater? Yes, but I had to take some other street to get home. He says, you were on State St. they were not talking about S Tate St. 🙄

That's hysterical!!!!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Terabith said:

76E74AA5-35C1-4980-88D9-2571900B59C7.jpeg

Yeeeeaaaah, I would definitely be freaking about a centipede in the room. Shudder 

I don't think they are THAT venomous though. My grandparents ranched in Arizona and I can say I hated those things. It makes it worse that they are nocturnal! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, frogger said:

Yeeeeaaaah, I would definitely be freaking about a centipede in the room. Shudder 

I don't think they are THAT venomous though. My grandparents ranched in Arizona and I can say I hated those things. It makes it worse that they are nocturnal! 

I've only seen a few centipedes in my life, I remember we saw them sometimes in my elementary school and thought they were cool. But millipedes gross me out!!!! 

1 minute ago, Katy said:

This is the kind I mean.  Our house in Des Moines got them after a batch of mulch from Georgia was infested with brown recluse spiders.  Shortly thereafter the centipedes came in.  

Wait, infestation of brown refuses followed by more fuzzy bugs??? That sounds like the script for a horror movie.

Torch the place! 😂😂😂 

I would not have handled that well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Katy said:

This is the kind I mean.  Our house in Des Moines got them after a batch of mulch from Georgia was infested with brown recluse spiders.  Shortly thereafter the centipedes came in.  

ok, those are NOT okay. I don't think we have those here. 

1 minute ago, ktgrok said:

ok, those are NOT okay. I don't think we have those here. 

I’ve never seen them in Florida.

ETA:  yes, mulch got delivered.  2 days later the basement staircase (that had a side door into the garden where the mulch was delivered) had at least a dozen brown recluses. DH did a few rounds of orkin, but in the mean time the centipedes showed up.  Which were creepier than the spiders in my probably illogical opinion. After a few months (and a hard frost), spider sitings became rare.  Never got rid of the centipedes.

Edited by Katy
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ktgrok said:

ok, good. was afraid to google and find out we do have them, lol. 

These are the ones I remember seeing as a kid - I have a memory of us all staring at one in the (outdoor) hallway in elementary school. image.png.96d2875a1d9c353091671b1333d94a0c.png

Yes, I remember seeing those too. 

These are what my brain reverts to- Giant Sonoran. When my Grandma was getting elderly and we went to help her clean out her house since the ranch was too much for her she had forgotten to spray around the house. When I was vacuuming, I realized there were scorpions all over. Many were dead and stuck in the carpet. We started wearing shoes in the house at that point. Ugh

image.png.fb5803fdd6cabbd6ca0f325dbfa52e16.png

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

ok, good. was afraid to google and find out we do have them, lol. 

These are the ones I remember seeing as a kid - I have a memory of us all staring at one in the (outdoor) hallway in elementary school. image.png.96d2875a1d9c353091671b1333d94a0c.png

That above is the kind of centipede I think of when I hear the word, but I don't think they're common up here.  Giant bugs - yet another reason to never move south!  The house centipede is extra creepy - I always thought centipedes would be kind of plodding, not super-fast!  But I've literally never seen that long-legged variety before.

Millipedes I find kind of cute.  Aren't they pretty much totally harmless??

Edited by Matryoshka

In Taiwan we had centipedes in the back yard - and cobras. The centipedes had enough venom to be dangerous to a small child, I was told. An adult neighbour was stung by one that was hiding under his pillow. His arm swelled to three times its normal size and he had breathing difficulties. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scolopendra_subspinipes

• Sad 2