Menu

Fun thread - Post a pic of your dog/dogs

Granny_Weatherwax

Here are a couple pics of our newest addition, Ducky. Four month old stray who was transported up here from Texas. Since we got him on Friday, he’s been busy catching up on rest and calories. 🙂 Although he looks serious in every photo I’ve taken, he is actually a big silly goofball.

5CF2F541-574E-4C70-AD65-D0860BB1DEAA.jpeg

88157C9E-EBEB-470F-8CAB-4BF7C833E8CD.jpeg

• Like 33

Well these are huge! First is Felix, our 18 month old black lab rescue. The other dog is his new little sister, Luna, a 14 week old shepherd mix rescue (need to run a DNA test on her!). We got her about four weeks ago. This is the first time we have had two dogs, but Felix needs someone to play with without having to go to the dog park on 115+ degree days here in AZ! They are getting along beautifully, and she has an amazing temperament, so we are so happy. This is, however, the last puppy I will ever raise. It's like having a newborn, and I am exhausted. I jokingly refer to getting her as a single step plan to ruin my summer. 🤪 (Fittingly, I will say here to please disregard the filthy floor. She likes to walk in the water bowl, then walk in the food bowl, then patter around the kitchen. 🤨 We have learned to take them up.)

IMG_2344.thumb.JPG.e8135c691d8aa146d710c747c16444d3.JPG920569471_IMG_3296(1).PNG.6cb1fc03f5acf33f378ced4d20faa865.PNG64669936380__C711600F-10E6-4347-9220-556F3CE45081.thumb.JPG.f70c25ba9b12fab566b3d2410c239647.JPG

• Like 29

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Cooper in the snow. Shelter mutt. Very sweet, but loud and not a pleaser like the lab in my avatar photo.

Oh my gosh! I thought I would never have a dog who wasn't a lab, and this was a huge part of it. They are such pleasers! It took 2 weeks to fully potty train my last puppy, a chocolate lab we adopted at 7 weeks. He was fully potty trained by 9 weeks old. Imagine my shock to get Luna at 10 weeks and two weeks later realize I was not some kind of dog potty-trainer extraordinaire. 🤣 We are making progress. She is smart as a whip. But a pleaser? Not lab-level, that's for sure. Will please for treats is more her way. Labs look like they have broken hearts if they disappoint you. Luna's like pups gonna pup, Mom. 🤪

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

Well these are huge! First is Felix, our 18 month old black lab rescue. The other dog is his new little sister, Luna, a 14 week old shepherd mix rescue (need to run a DNA test on her!). We got her about four weeks ago. This is the first time we have had two dogs, but Felix needs someone to play with without having to go to the dog park on 115+ degree days here in AZ! They are getting along beautifully, and she has an amazing temperament, so we are so happy. This is, however, the last puppy I will ever raise. It's like having a newborn, and I am exhausted. I jokingly refer to getting her as a single step plan to ruin my summer. 🤪 (Fittingly, I will say here to please disregard the filthy floor. She likes to walk in the water bowl, then walk in the food bowl, then patter around the kitchen. 🤨 We have learned to take them up.)

IMG_2344.thumb.JPG.e8135c691d8aa146d710c747c16444d3.JPG920569471_IMG_3296(1).PNG.6cb1fc03f5acf33f378ced4d20faa865.PNG64669936380__C711600F-10E6-4347-9220-556F3CE45081.thumb.JPG.f70c25ba9b12fab566b3d2410c239647.JPG

cute!

Your floor looks great!

I cannot post pics now, but my dog looks like an older Felix — imagine Felix with some gray around muzzle 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

This is, however, the last puppy I will ever raise. It's like having a newborn, and I am exhausted.

I said the very same thing when I got my newest puppy.   He has completely worn me out.  It is worth it, but no way do I have the energy to do it again.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ditto said:

I said the very same thing when I got my newest puppy.   He has completely worn me out.  It is worth it, but no way do I have the energy to do it again.

I am thinking that I can do one more. Cooper is really Dd’s dog. I want one that is mine. C was 8-9 months old when we got him, so no house training etc. Teaching him not to jump on people was the only big thing. He failed obedience school twice and we gave up. 🙄😆

I want a lab! An English one, female. Any color.

• Like 3

We have one dog, Persephone. She was named by my twins who were learning Greek mythology at the time and liked the name because we got Persephone in the spring time and because she is black which they connected to Persephone as queen of the underworld 😅

We call her Percy though. 

20210711_064750.jpg

• Like 25

DD's dogs - but they're here often enough  . . . . 

Full brothers, different litters.   I would pick up the white one everyday (for months) when he was a puppy while dd was at work.  Who knows what the black one will do, he's almost always had her at home.  (it will be at least fall before she's back to in-person).  Probably should have named them Yin and Yang.  Their personalities are opposite in so many ways 

They get along well with the cat.  I posted one with the cat.  The cat normally likes a blanket on the sofa. DD brought the dog's bed while they were staying at my house.  note who has the dog bed . . . . 

I tried to add a pic of the black dog so you can see his face.  Apparently there aren't any, unless he was a wee tiny puppy.  His fur is softer too.

IMG_0103.jpg

2021-03-22 23.27.06 (2).jpg

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 26

Here is Honey Bear. She came to us in August as a rehome . She is about 2 1/2 years old Goldendoodle. 

Coincidentally, my daughter also has a rehomed bishpoo named Cash. He is the little guy in the pic. We love the fact that they are a little/big version of each other because we didn’t pick out either one. 

83A93326-349B-4733-BD66-24C0D7DF58C5.jpeg

6A85090C-08F9-4C47-8C8A-8F593563EE77.jpeg

• Like 30

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

I am thinking that I can do one more. Cooper is really Dd’s dog. I want one that is mine. C was 8-9 months old when we got him, so no house training etc. Teaching him not to jump on people was the only big thing. He failed obedience school twice and we gave up. 🙄😆

I want a lab! An English one, female. Any color.

Responding to the bolded (mine) - Yes!! That's why I got my puppy. I wanted a dog that was mine; not one that was chosen by one of my children. 

It is exactly like a pp stated, I feel like there is a new baby and, now, a toddler in the house. Puppy proofing, getting up at night for toileting, working out feeding routines, finding daycare or a pet sitter.  But, I love him, and when he looks at me...swoon...all is forgiven and forgotten.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ScoutTN said:

Best thread I’ve seen in weeks! Maybe months? Love the sweet dogs. Thanks, OP!

Love it.  I am surrounding by my dogs 24/7, but I am still here looking at cute dogs. 

We need another thread for all the other pets. 

Cats, birds, cows, and anything else.  You can never get enough of looking at cute animals.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

I've already posted, but oh well.   This is too sweet a pic not to share.   This is my chihuahua with end stage congestive heart failure.   He's the baby.  

We need the caring emoji. He's adorable. I'm sure he appreciates everything you have done for him and the wonderful life he has had.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WildflowerMom said:

I've already posted, but oh well.   This is too sweet a pic not to share.   This is my chihuahua with end stage congestive heart failure.   He's the baby.  

B953A42E-931F-4834-B61B-0C7E9EFEDFE9.jpeg

Awww. Bless him. I had a chihuahua exactly his color, except he was short haired. He lived to be 18. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Love it.  I am surrounding by my dogs 24/7, but I am still here looking at cute dogs. 

We need another thread for all the other pets. 

Cats, birds, cows, and anything else.  You can never get enough of looking at cute animals.

Add all the pics of fin/feather/fur babies you want to. All are welcome!

Starting another thread

Edited by Granny_Weatherwax
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, whitestavern said:

I'll bite! My chickens are like pets. They come to the door to visit and follow me around the yard. A few weeks ago they were following the Amazon delivery guy around and he was completely freaked out. 😆

IMG_9587.jpg

aww I totally want to be able to free range our chickens.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, whitestavern said:

I'll bite! My chickens are like pets. They come to the door to visit and follow me around the yard. A few weeks ago they were following the Amazon delivery guy around and he was completely freaked out. 😆

IMG_9587.jpg

I once told my mom I was thinking of getting some chickens.  She shuddered and said "oh, chickens" . . . . she didn't like the memories that stirred up .  . .

• Like 1