Menu

Fun thread - Post a pic of your dog/dogs

Granny_Weatherwax

We have not one, but two puppies in the house! We got Josie, the red Labradoodle, for my daughter's college graduation, and our beloved Golden passed away this year unexpectedly so we got Leo, the black Bernedoodle.  They are 4 months and 9 weeks respectively.  They are the best of friends.  Josie will get to about 30 pounds and Leo to about 45.   

IMG_5030 (1).jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

• Like 23

On 7/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, Alte Veste Academy said:

Oh my gosh! I thought I would never have a dog who wasn't a lab, and this was a huge part of it. They are such pleasers! It took 2 weeks to fully potty train my last puppy, a chocolate lab we adopted at 7 weeks. He was fully potty trained by 9 weeks old. Imagine my shock to get Luna at 10 weeks and two weeks later realize I was not some kind of dog potty-trainer extraordinaire. 🤣 We are making progress. She is smart as a whip. But a pleaser? Not lab-level, that's for sure. Will please for treats is more her way. Labs look like they have broken hearts if they disappoint you. Luna's like pups gonna pup, Mom. 🤪

I think girls take longer to potty train than boys too -- our female labradoodle is super smart (smarter than our boy Bernedoodle) but he just seems to have a stronger bladder.  He slept through the night from the first night - 6 or 7 hours, while she had to go potty about every 3 hours! 

• Like 4

I just love all of these pics.  You all have such adorable dogs.  I would love to have another one, but I just don't think we are up to having two dogs when we both work so much.  I am on a Pointer site and I would LOVE to have a purebred one.  They are the best dogs.  So smart, such pleasers.  Mine is a mix and dh and I both are so in love with her.  We saw his family this weekend and they could not believe how much he loves this dog.  🙂

• Like 5

On 7/13/2021 at 12:29 AM, corbster98 said:

Here's our super sweet and gentle Newfie.... Hudson. ❤️

Oh, my, how adorable. I'm loving all these pictures since I can't get a dog right now. When I worked at the animal hospital, there was an owner with two Newfies, she'd bring them in for baths on a regular basis. They would just sit and let you comb them, so sweet. 

• Like 4

Ok, so there is apparently this kid out there with a Twitter account where he posts photos of all the dogs he has pet. I believe it’s called I've Pet That Dog, or something similar. Well, y'all, I’m telling you, this thread is making me want to start one: I've Spun That Dog! Newfie and Malamute and GSD…..oooh the yarn that could be spun from all these glorious coats! 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 4