Menu

What should Bill name his cat?

Drama Llama

Makda - Ethiopian/Abyssinian female name meaning ‘high tower’, which according to Bill is where these cats like to be

or

Amadi - Ethiopian/Abyssinian male name meaning ‘tree man’ 
or Negasi meaning ‘he will wear a crown’ because you know this cat will be the king of the house!  

• Like 6

Catmandu

Astrophe 

Aclysym

Aristo

the last three are best served in a situation, like @Spy Car's, where you have multiple pets, so you can say, "Where's the cat ______?" or "Where is the _____ cat?"  If you only have one pet, specifying cat is unnecessary, and so the name is not as effective.

These names, among many other reasons, are why I'm not allowed to have to have cats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, BaseballandHockey said:

I'm really curious how someone could know what an Ancient Egyptian named their cat.  

The cat was named in a will. There are earlier examples of people willing their cats to this person or that person, but those cats are not given names. (I mean, presumably they did have names, people do name their pets, but nobody recorded the names in the will.)

Also, unless Bill is getting an adult cat from a shelter I'd advise him to get two - kittens do better in pairs and trios.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glorious names go to cats' heads. My cat's previous owner called her Bastet, and she thinks she's Queen of the World. (7 AM outside the bedroom door today: Attention, humans. While the food offering is sufficient at present, I require a staff member to come and sit on the couch with me.)

I'd call them Puffles and Pookums to let them know they're not royalty, let alone gods, and start training them before they train you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, sheryl said:

image.thumb.png.fc0b50f515a2b94093e9c107d64bf4b8.png

image.thumb.png.e441f5af01ebeff810f369c160253e57.png

Bill,  this cat "jumps" onto a couple places to get there.  Same for down.  Simply but gives her exercise.   

My cat gets on the very top of our china hutch which is about the same height.  Not sure why she likes it.  It is only about 2 feet higher than the top of her cat castle.

• Like 2